ATS only starts a new setup when I log on.

doncraig

ATS only starts a new setup when I log on.

#1 Post by doncraig » 26 Sep 2021 11:32

I just purcchased New Mexico dlc and when starting I went to MOD Manager and removed the Active Mod from the right panel to the left panel.
When I start ATS I am taken to Redding on Level 0 and can't see how I can get started where I was at Level 31 and with 3 garages and $323,757 in the bank.
The world map shows I have added New Mexico but I don't like starting all over again, can I get back to where I was in the game ??
doncraig
PBandJ

Re: ATS only starts a new setup when I log on.

#2 Post by PBandJ » 26 Sep 2021 11:53

What mod did you deactivate?
doncraig

#3 Post by doncraig » 26 Sep 2021 12:12

I honestly can't remember the exact things I have done. I did move the mod (a paintjob) from the right page to the left . When I started up ATS it said something about not starting until I re-installed the mod and it showed a long list of start "saves" where it gave the date and time and let you choose which one to start (Much the same as the screen you get when you choose "Load" or "Save" to go back to an earlier point in the game.
I am over 80 years of age and not as quick as I was so it is quite frustrating when I make these mistakes. If needed I will start again from the beginning as I see New Mexico on the world map, I don't know about the other content I bought (it was only a few $'s each) but I can always buy them again.
doncraig
"Simple Logistics" paintjob, if that helps.
PBandJ

#4 Post by PBandJ » 26 Sep 2021 22:20

It sounds like you just clicked on an older saved game possibly. Start your game and when you are in the menu area down at the bottom is a Save & Load button. Click on it and then click on Load from a previous saved game. When that opens click on the check box to show Auto saves. Click on ones of those prior to when you first had trouble and it should load a previous version before the trouble started.
doncraig

#5 Post by doncraig » 27 Sep 2021 08:37

I have done as you suggest but I can only go back 14 places and that takes me to when I started in this state i.e. a new setup of ATS
I feel like the only option is to set up a new profile and start the game again from the beginning. In fact I am going to do that as I have been looking for advice from MS about restoring the computer back a couple of days but they don't want to know. So it looks as if I will start again.
Thanks for your help
doncraig
bobgrey1997

#6 Post by bobgrey1997 » 27 Sep 2021 09:54

Installing a new DLC wouldn't remove your progress.
If you've reinstalled the entire game and didn't back up your profile, this could happen. Other than that, I'm not sure what would cause this.
doncraig

#7 Post by doncraig » 27 Sep 2021 10:41

I don't know if I have reinstalled the entire game and I have never backed up my profile (Don't know how).
I only know I have to start at the beginning again like a new game and then carry on from where I last left off. I have created a new profile and am running that at the moment. I tried resetting MS Win10 to an earlier date but they said it couldn't be done. I don't know why as windows used to automatically create a backup before it installed anything "just in case". I am at a complete loss now as I thought maybe ATS would have game backups but not so it seems.
doncraig
EDIT I have just delivered a cargo and closed ATS down to the start screen. When I check my achievements I still have 20/75 like I had but can only drive at Level 2 ??
It looks as if I have seriously screwed something.
PBandJ

#8 Post by PBandJ » 27 Sep 2021 13:34

When you start you game up and it goes to the screen where you choose what profile you want to use and where you can click on to get the mod folder is another button that says edit profile. If you click on that on the next screen is the button for steam cloud checked or unchecked? If it is checked than you should have a saved profile. If it is unchecked then close your game and go to your documents folder/AmericanTruckSimulator and see if you have folders that look like this: profiles(1.41.1.61s).bak. Those are backed up profiles when the game updates to another version. You should be able to your rename your existing profiles folder to say something like xx_profiles (in case there is an issue you can always rename this one back to profiles) and then change the highest numbered folder from profiles(1.41.1.61s).bak to just profiles. Then start your game up and it should then update your game to the latest version again. Continue to start your game up and see where it starts you at. Myself I have not had to do this before, but I do not see why it would not work right off. Maybe someone who has had to do this before will chime in on that.
doncraig

#9 Post by doncraig » 27 Sep 2021 14:01

The button for "Use Steam Cloud" is checked. The bar below this says "Online Account" but none of the 5 boxes below that have anything them. At the bottom there are 2 boxes "Register Now !" and Apply. What should I do now ??
doncraig

#10 Post by doncraig » 27 Sep 2021 14:21

I have a folder in ATS called "steam profiles". In this folder there is a folder called 646F6E616C64. In this folder is 5 files config_local.cfg, controls.sii, gearbox_layout_eaton_10.sii,, gearbox_layout_eaton_13.sii,, gearbox_layout_eaton_18.sii.
Below this folder is 5 folders named steam_profiles(1.41.1.35s).bak, steam_profiles(1.41.1.55s).bak, steam_profiles(1.41.1.61s).bak, steam_profiles(1.41.1.66s).bak, steam_profiles(1.41.1.86s).bak. are these the files I need ??
Should I remove the 646F6E616C64 from "steam profile" and replace it with the 646F6E616C64 folder from the steam_profiles(1.41.1.66s.bak ??

Return to “Technical Problems”