Major problem with my ATS game ( Trucksbook too )

Jimmybobcornflake

Major problem with my ATS game ( Trucksbook too )

#1 Post by Jimmybobcornflake » 26 Oct 2021 17:25

This has been the bane of my trucking experience....

It will not let me load trucksbook if I have closed it recently after a session of ATS.

I have done the following to try and fix this...

Close STEAM entirely, open trucksbook and.. error still appears!

Use TBCleaner and then re-install TB and try to load TB.
Load ATS through STEAM, then end the task through task manager, try to open TB
Run TB as Admin
Install TB on the same hard-drive as ATS
Install TB on a different hard-drive
Reinstall ATS

Nothing is working. The only solution is a fresh PC reboot.. but why? I've spoke with other friends who don't suffer this issue.

To add to this post, I did a lot of searching around and was told that there could be a hidden session of ATS in the task manager.. and after downloading Process Explorer, this is what I found.

http://prntscr.com/1xeazu7

I tried to kill the process ( even though it is labeled as suspended ) and access was denied. I did several steps on checking to see if I had terminate privilege's on my account and I do.
I have then tried to restart the process or resume, and even cancel the suspension and all have come back with "Access Denied"

After a fresh reboot of my PC, I am able to successfully load trucksbook, and launch ATS from trucskbook. However, once I close ATS I can no longer launch it from TB, and if I close TB I have to reboot my PC in order to launch TB again.

I wrote to TB and see if it was something on their end, as-well as posted a reddit thread and see if others have experienced this.

I have this same problem on 2 computers. My home PC and work PC.

Edit again: I have launched ATS and now there are 2 tasks. One I can cancel and the one prior, I cannot. http://prntscr.com/1xelu81
Edit Edit: I cannot kill the task that is suspended. I have tried elevated command prompt, windows powershell, process hacker and process explorer!!!

My last thought is the game itself that it lets my download from steam.
It might even be my profiles on ATS? I don't know. http://prntscr.com/1xelu81

Anything to check or try.. please let me know as this is frustrating to the max!!!!!!!!!!!
CarbonGTGaming

Re: Major problem with my ATS game ( Trucksbook too )

#2 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 29 Oct 2021 23:21

it must be an issue with truckbook try uninstall and see if your game is working now
beaufighter6

#3 Post by beaufighter6 » 01 Nov 2021 14:34

I had the same problem on my end. What I do is start tb client, click run ats. Steam starts I log in and then play and do a trip.

Once I save the game and click exit back to the steam desktop in the library I do not log out or shut down steam just minimize it.

Check tb client and my trip is logged. Minimize the tb client. Later when you want to do another trip click the steam icon so it maximizes play,

do your trip, save exit, minimize steam and check the tb client and the newest trip is logged. This is because you are still logged into steam and

the tb client so you don't need the tb client to start ats after the first start as long as you leave both running.

Hope this helps and made sense
shashka006

#4 Post by shashka006 » 09 May 2022 22:32

I just want 1 profile to log loads in trucks book but also want both profiles on world of trucks to use ext contracts 1st profile is connected to both steam and tb and mp to play 2nd is for fun but not connected online

Return to “Technical Problems”