In game speeds

VTXcnME

Re: In game speeds

#21 Post by VTXcnME » 06 Dec 2021 16:14

Still having the same issue despite uninstalling and reinstalling game.

This makes external contract driving (for WoT events) almost unenjoyable. Can't run a convoy together, as everyone has to drive slower to keep me with the group. It's frustrating constantly being the one holding up the group.

Really wondering what's causing the game to run slower on my system.

My system specs:
Ryzen 1800x 3.6ghz 8 core processor
32GB 3200mhz RAM
8GB RX580 graphics card
Windows 10

I thought that'd be more than enough to run this game at 1080 resolution.
bobgrey1997

#22 Post by bobgrey1997 » 06 Dec 2021 16:23

I just love how the developers came in and asked about "interesting settings", never explained what those settings might be, and haven't responded since.
VTXcnME

#23 Post by VTXcnME » 06 Dec 2021 21:56

Yeah... I'm kinda confused and getting a little frustrated.

It's really hard participating in WoT events when I'm appreciably slower for some reason... and it's gotta be some stupid setting or something that I'm missing. But I woulda thought an uninstall/reinstall would have fixed it. Now I'm going to is there something in my save game file that's effed.
bobgrey1997

#24 Post by bobgrey1997 » 07 Dec 2021 01:57

Did you move your ATS documents folder before reinstalling? If you ignored that folder, the new install would simply read the old files instead of generating new ones, so if it is a settings issue (which are stored in config files in that folder), a reinstall would not reset them.
jarryed

#25 Post by jarryed » 07 Dec 2021 03:56

I can't remember if I saw it here or somewhere else but....

I think the jist of it why 65 for everyone else is not the same as 65 for you was something along the lines of latency? Maybe someone can correct me or find the information.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
VTXcnME

#26 Post by VTXcnME » 07 Dec 2021 16:31

@bobgrey1997 I removed everything (backed up to another drive) to include the ATS documents. I'm going to do this again, and try with a fresh profile. It's the only variable that has not been addressed at this point.

I'm going to be very sad if my 600 something hours have been for naught getting the map 94% of the way filled in.

@jarryed My internet speeds (according to speedtest) are 1,020mbps D/L and 46mbps U/L. my network latency ping is around 20ms (ranges from 15ms to 24ms, depending on the day/time of the test). My router is brand new AX technology with gigabit pass thru speeds.
VTXcnME

#27 Post by VTXcnME » 29 Dec 2021 18:22

Installed a fresh clean copy with no game data/no ATS folder in my documents. On a newly installed hard drive.

Still having the same problem. If anyone drives with my in convoy, 65mph for me is 61mph for them. If everyone else goes 65mph, I watch them slowly move away all the while my truck indicates I'm doing the same speed they are.
Madkine
Global moderator

#28 Post by Madkine » 30 Dec 2021 05:49

Might be time to file it as an official bug report if you haven't already. While SCS may see it out here, they are a greater chance of seeing it in the bug forum.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Max
SCS Software

#29 Post by Max » 02 Jan 2022 09:22

bobgrey1997 wrote: 06 Dec 2021 16:23 I just love how the developers came in and asked about "interesting settings", never explained what those settings might be, and haven't responded since.
interesting setting is any that is ... well, interesting. any combination that is not common so it was not (or could not be) tested so far.
the game is that much snadbox that there is no way to test every combination of settings in house anymore.
most of settings are visible in game log. so game log (from game run where it happened) might help anyway.

sorry for not responding instantly. we were making lot of fixes and updates before christmass.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
VTXcnME

#30 Post by VTXcnME » 02 Jan 2022 19:34

Madkine wrote: 30 Dec 2021 05:49 Might be time to file it as an official bug report if you haven't already. While SCS may see it out here, they are a greater chance of seeing it in the bug forum.
Yeah.... After the replies here, I'm not super confident with filing any kind of bug report. Seems like I'm just going to have ignore the multiplayer facet of the game. I can't drive with friends, not without "jeeze, speed up will ya" smart alec comments every drive. It gets old.

Really feel like my machine is more than adequate to run the game:
My system specs:
Ryzen 1800x 3.6ghz 8 core processor
32GB 3200mhz RAM
8GB RX580 graphics card
Windows 10

but maybe it's not?? I don't know.

Very frustrating. Honestly, if there wasn't an artificially imposed speed limit in WoT contracts, this wouldn't be an issue, we could just set our cruise control for appropriate speed (me setting mine a few MPH faster to stay with the group) and call it a day. But any time there is an event or a new state release, or some other WoT event, my buddies and I like to jump in and run the missions..... I haven't been joining as of late, as suddenly I'm the slow poke in the group causing everyone else to slow down.. . . from an already slow limit to something back breaking for others to want my to be a part of their group. I haven't played mulitplayer since just after multiplayer came out. It was fine at first, then there was some update or something that changed and suddenly I was slower than everyone. No rhyme or reason.

Return to “Technical Problems”