In game speeds

VTXcnME

In game speeds

#1 Post by VTXcnME » 03 Nov 2021 22:20

So I noticed this problem a while back when playing multiplayer (first it was in truckers MP and now it's bled over to ATS MP).

It was noticed when we were hauling world of trucks contracts.

Situation: Cruise control set at 65mph on both trucks. Speed showing 65mph on both trucks. Over a period of 50 miles (in game) my buddy will move miles ahead of me. In order for us to transport at the same speed, he needs to set his cruise at 61mph and travel 61mph while I'm still set at 65mph showing I'm traveling 65mph.

I have swapped trucks. I have unloaded every mod (even though he and I use the same mods) I have sold garages/trucks/fired drivers. I have tried changing graphics render settings. Nothing changes.

My speed at 65mph (indicated) is only 61mph (indicated) for him. As you go faster, the disparity gets greater. At 75mph (for him) I have to go 83-84mph (indicated) to match his pace. Again- same in any truck I try. Any configuration I try.

When doing world of trucks contracts I am NOTICABLY slower than surrounding AI traffic. If there's a group of us all driving together, I'm the slowest in the pack, and all others bear out what I've listed above.

I'm kind of at my wits end. It's very hard running world of trucks contracts when everyone else feels they have to go even slower to keep me with them. It becomes borderline not enjoyable, feeling like you're holding everyone else up.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: In game speeds

#2 Post by Madkine » 04 Nov 2021 09:16

Have you changed the warp value in your config?
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
VTXcnME

#3 Post by VTXcnME » 04 Nov 2021 10:52

I have not. I don't even know where to find that.
Underscore_101_

#4 Post by Underscore_101_ » 04 Nov 2021 11:14

I guess you don't have the console enabled, but if you do you can open the console in game (when parked) and type in "warp 1" (without quotes)
If what Madkine suggest is the issue then you can adjust game speed that way, yours might be set to 0.9 or something, but i guess you would remember changing that since default is 1 :-)
tbh i don't play Convoy so i don't know if it's possible at all to play with different warp settings.
Reinhard

#5 Post by Reinhard » 04 Nov 2021 11:46

The "warp" setting isn't stored in any file. If there would be such a changed setting, it had to be entered manually, for every game session. Or with an arbitrary workaround. But not by accident.
VTXcnME

#6 Post by VTXcnME » 04 Nov 2021 11:48

Only thing I've ever done in console commands is stop the rain. LOL. driving in it at night sucks. LOL.

For grins and giggles, I did go in and set warp 1.... I've never messed with it. Wonder if my buddy did and that's the issue? I'll have him do the same thing next time we drive together and report back. Very odd being desynced on speed like that. When we're driving near each other, the AI traffic will yo-yo around us. So one of us has something wonky going on.
VTXcnME

#7 Post by VTXcnME » 20 Nov 2021 12:26

Finally had a chance to play online with my buddies.

Same issue. Everyone checked their warp factor (haha, star trek) and verified it was set at 1.

I don't understand why my truck moves slower in game even when everyone speedometers are registering the same, with same speed controls. We were doing identical contracts for world of trucks. My truck shows holding 65mph. Their trucks show holding 65mph. Somehow over a 500 mile trip hauling the same loads at the same speeds. I end up 75 miles or more behind them. We're all running the same engine/transmission combinations.
Dotec

#8 Post by Dotec » 20 Nov 2021 12:46

You have all the same tyre size?
xXCARL1992Xx

#9 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 20 Nov 2021 12:47

the size shouldnt change the speed the trucks go, it only changes how fast you reach said speed and wich rpm you hold at the same speed
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
bobgrey1997

#10 Post by bobgrey1997 » 20 Nov 2021 13:06

Well, the speed is measured by the rotation of the tires, so if you have larger tires, the trucks will actually be going faster when you set it to 65 (it doesn't know you put new tires on, so it will just reach the same RPM, but the larger tires means a larger distance on the circumference, and so in each rotation you will move slightly further than you did on the smaller tires). This can be solved in reality by (I assume) reprogramming the computer chip on the vehicle to account for the new size of tires. We can not do this in-game, but SCS may have this simulated automatically.
Being such a random rather small detail, I actually wouldn't think they'd have thought of this.

Return to “Technical Problems”