Loaded Truck/Trailer Gross Weight Problem

CobraBlue6

Re: Loaded Truck/Trailer Gross Weight Problem

#21 Post by CobraBlue6 » 10 Jul 2017 15:19

GT182 wrote: 09 Jul 2017 01:21 Cobra, there is nothing about the load weight when you pick the load. If there is I've not seen it anywhere.
Here's a couple of screenshots showing where the load weight is displayed in the Freight Market and External Contracts screens (click on pics for fullsize).

[ external image ][ external image ]

Here's a pic of my W900 on the scales with the heaviest load in the base game.
[ external image ]

Here's just the Truck on the scales.
[ external image ]

To get to bottom of your overweight problem you'll have to take a closer look at the mods you are using, unfortunately some mods change aspects of the game completely unrelated to the main purpose of the mod. I also like the game to be as realistic as possible but SCS has to cater for the vast majority of players who just want a truck driving game. Mods can help increase the realism but you have to be careful which ones you use, for every good realistic mod there's at least 10 of the unrealistic/fun type of mod (e.g. 100,000 hp engines). If you upload your game log somewhere (e.g. Dropbox or Pastebin) and post a link I'd be happy to take a look at it for you :)
GT182

#22 Post by GT182 » 13 Jul 2017 02:00

Max wrote: 08 Jul 2017 05:27
the other way is to to discard all (non-heavy) cargoes over 43000 from base game then.
That works for me, and I imagine the other truckers playing would agree. Or however the sim can do it for all loads.

I don't mean to be a PITA Max but real life values for a "simulation" should be followed I'd think. In this case the legal max gross weight for the US trucking industry of 80,000 pounds should also be the "simulations" limit seeing Simulation is a part of ATS's name. It only makes sense. ;)

Cobra, I did see it last night after picking a new Haz Mat load. I guess it's been there all along but I just didn't see it. I guess I was concentrating too much on the price and destination. I apologize for that. :oops:
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Trident R.S.

#23 Post by Trident R.S. » 03 Aug 2017 13:23

In my opinion the freight market must display the gross weight of the trailer, not the net weight, so, if you know the tare of your tractor you can easily calculate the total G.W.
A nice (for me) option is an automatic reject of the job when the scale mark over 80.000 lbs.
Fine applied, trailer disappear, an you remain with the uncoupled tractor.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”