designated routes -

84wankel

designated routes -

#1 Post by 84wankel » 13 Jul 2017 02:44

i remember seeing a post a while back about someone making a mod hauling sea containers from the ports to rail yards and having loads designated to go to say only a few of the railway yards. is that something that can be done with other loads? i currently really enjoy hauling double fuel tankers and i think it would be pretty cool to setup a full load of fuel to a construction site, then haul empty trailers back as a load. ive got no experience modding, but am willing to learn if this is even remotely possible.

thanks in advance
andrei383

Re: designated routes -

#2 Post by andrei383 » 13 Jul 2017 13:10

Yes it is possible, in fact I've done a similar thing in my RCBT mod (viewtopic.php?f=199&t=228435&start=20#p710842) whereby you can haul full cement/fertilizer trailers out from some companies and haul empty trailers back.

Since you are working with a mod (I assume the double tankers are a mod), you need to extract the mod (its probably a .scs or .zip file). Use a zip file manager (WinRAR, 7zip, etc.) to extract. Inside there will be a folder called "def" and within that you need to work with two folders, "cargo" and "company".

The first folder to look at will be cargo. Inside you need to set up a new cargo type for the empty trailers (call it "emptytanker", etc.). This will define the cargo (mass, value, etc) and also define which trailer can haul them.

The next folder to work with is "company". Inside will be many folders which define different company buildings, and within each folder is an "in" and "out" folder. In each "in" and "out" folder is the cargo types which will either enter, or leave that building, respectively. You need to add the appropriate cargo types to the in/out folders of the companies to set up the route. For example:

Company_A ships diesel to Company_B. Thus "Company_A/out" and "Company_B/in" will have a "diesel" cargo type.

Company_B ships empty trailers back to Company_A. Thus "Company_B/out" and "Company_A/in" will have the (newly defined) "emptytanker" cargo type.

You will need to repeat this process for each company building that will either send or receive the cargo. Keep in mind some buildings do not support spawning trailers and thus can only receive cargo (for example, "gal_oil_gst", otherwise known as the gas stations, can only receive trailers since they aren't set up to spawn trailers).

Best advice will be to look into the mod files and examine how they are structured. Use the existing files as a starting point.

Hope this helps, ask if you need more info!
84wankel

Re: designated routes -

#3 Post by 84wankel » 14 Jul 2017 00:17

thanks! that helps a bunch, il have to look into certain areas i want to drive in the most to determine my route then setup the loads so i can run back and forth a bit

Return to “Gameplay Questions”