Recommneded Steering Wheel, Pedals, and Shifter

IDMooseMan

Recommneded Steering Wheel, Pedals, and Shifter

#1 Post by IDMooseMan » 24 Sep 2017 20:53

I have searched, unsuccessfully, for information regarding what, if any, steering wheel, pedals, and shifter is recommended for use in this game. I am not referring to player recommendations, but recommendations by SCS, or even related information included in the game description/requirement section.

I must be missing it, because I am unable to locate this information. Is there a "Recommended" steering wheel, pedals, and shifter setup for use with ATS?

My muscle tremors, (and other physical disabilities), have made driving with a mouse "interesting", to put it mildly. :D Local law enforcement should not pass me on the interstate. I have already side-swiped a couple of patrol vehicles. :o

I saw the G27/G29/G920 comments, and added the G920 setup to my Amazon Wishlist, but is there something better suited towards this game? The G920 shifter does not have enough shift positions for use with trucks of this size.
Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
SSgt, USAF, 1983 - 1992, 63170
To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
WoT Profile
Steam Profile
GT182

Re: Recommneded Steering Wheel, Pedals, and Shifter

#2 Post by GT182 » 25 Sep 2017 00:05

Craig, check You Tube for videos. There are a few guys I've seen with what looks like a real truck setup. Clutch, brake and accelerator, plus what looks like an Eaton 13 speed shifter. That would be the way to go.

Here's one from there... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVY2P8KaU1I
And another of the same shifter...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyamVsBQdQ

An SKRS Fuller Shifter made by CSIL..... An SKRS Fuller style shifter on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/Eaton-Fuller-Sty ... words=skrs

All you need is on the above link. Choice of 13 or 18 speed.
Edit:
Here's a bunch of links. LOL.... https://www.bing.com/search?q=+SKRS+Ful ... babd198e8a
Last edited by GT182 on 25 Sep 2017 03:00, edited 1 time in total.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Tarso
Beta tester

#3 Post by Tarso » 25 Sep 2017 00:20

All i can say is Logitech worked back in time with SCS to make the wheel support better.

About logitech 6 position shifter, it does the job very well if you get an shifter head like SKRS or Mega Shifter.
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 25 Sep 2017 07:13

IDMooseMan wrote: 24 Sep 2017 20:53 I have searched, unsuccessfully, for information regarding what, if any, steering wheel, pedals, and shifter is recommended for use in this game. I am not referring to player recommendations, but recommendations by SCS, or even related information included in the game description/requirement section.
Why don't you want player recommendations? The people at SCS write the games, and of course they also test them too, but players are the "end users" who use the wheels...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
flight50

#5 Post by flight50 » 30 Sep 2017 14:29

SCS will not recommend hardware. That is not what the are after. They just put out the content. Like Axel was saying, the end user makes that dicision. There are options out there. All we do is assign buttons to functions based on the wheel we run. It's a pc game so if the pc supports it, chances are the game will. Buy the wheel that fits you. SCS has no idea what may fit each end user.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”