What does the new time zone option do?

Drive Safely

What does the new time zone option do?

#1 Post by Drive Safely » 10 Nov 2017 23:54

I changed the timezone setting to Full info and it moved my game time forward. I don't get what this is supposed to be doing or achieving. :?:
Max
SCS Software

Re: What does the new time zone option do?

#2 Post by Max » 11 Nov 2017 00:00

when you change the setting between disabled and any of the others (thus activate or deactivate), your local time could change a bit. it is necessary as economy game time must stay same to prevent time paradoxes in economy events. so depending on how far you are from default timezone, your local time (and sun) may move few hours (1 at most, currently). even if you are in default timezone, sun may move a small bit as longitude is taken into effect suddenly.

it should not break any game logic, just "visual" local time.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Drive Safely

#3 Post by Drive Safely » 11 Nov 2017 01:11

@Max - So it is based on Mountain Daylight Time? I did a bit of driving and the game seemed to be permanently on night regardless of the game time.
marcf

#4 Post by marcf » 11 Nov 2017 04:15

Biggest problem I found was using an outdated (pre-1.29) fuel prices mod, without this the state info files do not include their time zone (GMT-7 for CA ,NV, AZ, GMT-6 for NM)
If that happens, and you enable time zones, the game goes way out of time, as the 'base' time zone is UTC, so it's 6-7 hours off.
Drive Safely

#5 Post by Drive Safely » 11 Nov 2017 05:26

@marcf - Ah, thank you for this info

Return to “Gameplay Questions”