Button as clutch

xDope

Re: Button as clutch

#21 Post by xDope » 08 Nov 2018 06:14

So after a quick Google search I found a way to simulate a H-shifter on my controller (here). The problem now, and still is, me not being able to use a button as clutch. I'm able to shift into the 6 positions using my right stick but I am able to shift into them even without pressing a clutch. Is this where the digital and analog part come in? I switched all gearbox configs to digital input but it still wont budge.

Edit: Got it to work. Had to also assign the button to input j_clutch. Just realized how hard a digital clutch is to get the truck going. Essentially have to spam it while building up the rpm, making a smooth acceleration impossible. It's a little odd in how it works but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
Mike_F

#22 Post by Mike_F » 08 Nov 2018 11:22

Thank you for sharing. I will read it in full a bit later, just glad you found something that works for you, even if you have to retrain your fingers.

First, I see it is older, yet as you are proving, even though ATS was not around at the time, it is working.
{Guide} Use any joystick as H-shifter (ETS2 / STDS)
--- snip ---
If you didn't know which profile ID you needed, go into the game and re-bind the handbrake to something odd (like "n"). Now when you open controls.sii (close the game first) in one of the profile ID maps, find the line that corresponds to the handbrake button. If it looks like this:
config_lines[137]: "mix parkingbrake `keyboard.n?0`"
then you have the right profile ID.
--- snip ---
The other option, and not requiring you to re-enter the game, is to sort the files and folders by date modified, with the newest up top. Since you just exited the game the profile you where just using will be the top most one.

You mention input j_clutch. Is that in place of dclutch mentioned in section 5.2 of the guide?

I am just posting the above in case anyone else wants to follow along.
Press any key . . . NO, NOT THAT ONE!

ETS2 and ATS -gone vanilla with both
My World of Trucks profile

DIY computer with Ryzen 5-2600, 16GB RAM, M.2 (dual boot - Mint 19 & W10 home) and 2*SATA III SSDs, GTX 1070 driving 32" curved 1440p
xDope

#23 Post by xDope » 09 Nov 2018 00:37

Mike_F it is in addition to dclutch. Thank you again for your suggestion earlier. Even though I found a work around I appreciate the fact that you took the time and effort to help out. ;)
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
P*Funk

#24 Post by P*Funk » 01 Jan 2019 07:43

xDope wrote: 08 Nov 2018 06:14 So after a quick Google search I found a way to simulate a H-shifter on my controller (here). The problem now, and still is, me not being able to use a button as clutch. I'm able to shift into the 6 positions using my right stick but I am able to shift into them even without pressing a clutch. Is this where the digital and analog part come in? I switched all gearbox configs to digital input but it still wont budge.

Edit: Got it to work. Had to also assign the button to input j_clutch. Just realized how hard a digital clutch is to get the truck going. Essentially have to spam it while building up the rpm, making a smooth acceleration impossible. It's a little odd in how it works but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.
I've been trying to get this to work with an analog clutch and my X52 stick. Everything works great until I try to eliminate the button clutch aspect. I'm not sure what to put before the | to make it recognize the clutch in a way that makes it stay in gear. If I just put my clutch axis alone it kicks it out of gear as soon as I press it but once I let off the gas it goes back to neutral. It works as expected though if I assign a button that I press in tandem with using the analog clutch.

Wonder if anyone has any ideas.
DewTech

#25 Post by DewTech » 24 Sep 2021 02:23

I am having some problems with setting it up. I am trying to get my LB to be my clutch and I have messed in the file's a bit and changed that and nothing changed in-game and I made sure that I saved the file but still no luck. Can anyone please help me?
VTXcnME

#26 Post by VTXcnME » 20 Oct 2021 13:55

*deleted* duplicate post.

Sorry.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”