Newbie with questions

bigwess

Re: Newbie with questions

#11 Post by bigwess » 02 Dec 2019 02:45

thanks. would have replied but too busy driving
Fawls

#12 Post by Fawls » 02 Dec 2019 05:57

OK... I will be too busy in future as well.
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES
They'll take your payment immediately and not fulfill order.

Comp Specs: R7 5700X, 6900XT, 32GB Ram.
Long Haul Gamer

#13 Post by Long Haul Gamer » 02 Dec 2019 06:19

Um, fellas? Do we have to be so damned mean to a new person? geez. :roll:

@bigwess,

Here is how you do a rest, should you want to do one.

If you are finished with a load or want to stop, after ten hours.

1. Go to the World Map.
2. Look for a blue rectangle with a car in it. Those are rest spots. Click on it and the GPS system will direct you to the rest stop. However and this is important! If you are running a short load, under say 500 miles or under 10 hours. DO NOT MANUALLY TAKE A REST, YOU WILL BE MARKED LATE ON YOUR LOAD! and you will do docked pay and points! Also too, some of these rest areas or places to do a rest are not always Truck Stops or rest areas on the freeway! if you are doing a quick job or you are now and are playing on a game controller, you could get hung up. So, be careful!

Hope this helps. :mrgreen: :geek: 8-)

-LHG
bedwin

#14 Post by bedwin » 02 Dec 2019 12:03

I'm glad others have filled in the essentials, above.

The blue icon rest areas are the only places you can get rest in the current edition of the game 1.36. You might think that you can use a Sleeper or comfy cab to catch some Zs at any parking lot or picturesque point, but the game has activated special areas within the terrain of the rest areas, that you must navigate over, stop the engine, and press Enter (default key) to sleep. Sleep is always 10 hours, no matter how tired or not tired you are. Perhaps this accounts for shower time, perhaps it is due to regulations. Just be careful not to sleep twice in a row. You can find rest areas additionally, at service stations, including truck dealers, and within any garages you own.

If running as the Player in an owned truck, I like to try to catch Zs after a job is complete so I don't have to always handle the management of the load I would otherwise be hauling, but you can often sneak the trailer into tight spots. The game doesn't care how sloppy you cover the rest area, but I'm sure it's not good form to do what I've done (as a relative beginner). You can learn of other's strategies for parking their rig, via searching for images, videos, or forum posts. One such reference I viewed showed another driver tucking their hooked up rig, behind one of those motels with the signpost out front, though you'll discover where you can park the tractor. Another option might be to temporarily disconnect your trailer elsewhere, if you wish. The creativity can be enjoyable.

By checking out your job due date and remaining travel time, you should be able to decide if you have time to sleep on a long job. Generally the game is good at providing enough time for resting, if the job is long. If the job is short, as mentioned by LHG, you'll need to determine if the time is available based on the figures mentioned. Sometimes if there is a while remaining before the unaccepted job expires, you can use that as a gauge as to whether it will afford enough time to get some rest in. Finally, if you miss a rest window, there is a penalty assessed. I don't know if you can drive indefinitely beyond that or if it will keep nagging you to sleep.
flight50

#15 Post by flight50 » 08 Dec 2019 09:20

Long Haul Gamer wrote: 02 Dec 2019 06:19 Um, fellas? Do we have to be so damned mean to a new person? geez.
Who was being mean? I didn’t see anyone being mean as everyone was being quite helpful.
Long Haul Gamer

#16 Post by Long Haul Gamer » 09 Dec 2019 17:23

@flight50

um, this?
OK... I will be too busy in future as well.
flight50

#17 Post by flight50 » 09 Dec 2019 19:03

I doubt he meant too busy to answer the question though. Otherwise, he wouldn't have responded. I took too busy as also driving becayse the o.p. also stated they'd be busy driving.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”