Parking Doubles - Is it Possible?

Reignman

Re: Parking Doubles - Is it Possible?

#171 Post by Reignman » 17 Jul 2021 21:42

@Xaagon yeah wow, don't get me started on the light poles lol. They're perfectly in the way at every dock it seems. And in the way at every owned garage when you pull through to get fuel. I mentioned them awhile back. Why are they on the inside of the fences? Light poles are definitely the thing I hit most in this game ... I mean besides AI cars ... intentionally. :twisted:
plykkegaard wrote: 09 Jul 2021 10:24The trailing jeep is just too light I think, as soon as you reverse it'll turn unpredictable
Alright I finally got that video uploaded. Ooof, 10 minutes on my first attempt. It can only get better right? Well nobody will see the ones that are worse, those usually don't make it to the editing room :lol:
plykkegaard

#172 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Jul 2021 09:13

Parking b-double, plenty of mistakes on final adjustments

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Reignman

#173 Post by Reignman » 27 Jul 2021 07:36

plykkegaard wrote: 23 Jul 2021 09:13Parking b-double, plenty of mistakes on final adjustments
Haha nice! Glad to see someone else posting some doubles. It's weird watching someone else do it lol. I'm also glad you didn't accept that first green light and kept at it until it was a little more straight. I can't believe some of the park jobs the game will accept. Wait until your OCD makes you keep going until it's perfect ... or is that just me? So how many have you attempted now? Your video brought back memories of when I first attempted them, although mine were more brutal. I wish I had some on video but my computer couldn't handle recording and playing at the same time back then. Looking forward to your next one. :D

Oh speaking of brutal, I think I've given up trying to park the lowboy triples already lol. Yeah that rear dolly is beyond frustrating. Actually it's not so much the dolly as it is the length of the middle section. It's too long, so by the time you anticipate a needed correction in the dolly, you can't swing that middle section far enough or fast enough, even if you're moving really slow. I thought the turnpike doubles were bad in that regard, but no, this is worse. I can park them, just not to my satisfaction.
Reignman

#174 Post by Reignman » 27 Jul 2021 08:52

@Some newbie driver I thought you said it would be difficult in ETS2? :D

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I have video proof somewhere that I didn't just teleport it in there, but that 3 Mbps makes me lazy sometimes.

Ok yeah that last one was a bit difficult. There's not much room there. And I know you meant the narrow streets and tight corners xD. I can't confirm nor deny how many guard rails or cars I bumped into during the trip.
Some newbie driver

#175 Post by Some newbie driver » 27 Jul 2021 20:09

Enjoy it while you can, until SCS adds visual damage to the vehicles. :lol:
Reignman

#176 Post by Reignman » 29 Jul 2021 09:25

Some newbie driver wrote: 27 Jul 2021 20:09Enjoy it while you can, until SCS adds visual damage to the vehicles. :lol:
Wait, did you hear a rumor or something? Cuz I've been asking for visual damage for a long time lol. Are they finally making it a reality? I heard they couldn't because the truck makers didn't want them to. I'm proud of my dents and dings, which is why I created the REKT thread lol. Everyone else seems to be shy about theirs though. Ashamed perhaps. More and more are coming out of their shell though xD. No reason to be ashamed, the AI is bad ... yeah that's it, the AI haha. They're responsible for all my wrecks. Actually that's not far from the truth. I've been fined for 4 accidents in ETS2 so far and all from AI cars merging into me at tolls or ramps. You don't get fined for running over signs and stuff, so those don't count haha. But yeah I keep the road crews busy in that department.

Oh and I lied, I don't have video evidence of that particular park job. I thought I recorded it but I guess not. I got this one though, which was also pretty tight. Between a trailer and a ramp, and there isn't much lateral space to work with.
Skoot

#177 Post by Skoot » 29 Jul 2021 18:31

Airports in ETS2 are always fun with a double trailer. I dislike going there with LCVs, but they're always offering some lucrative cargo, so no pain no gain, I guess. 8-)
Reignman

#178 Post by Reignman » 05 Aug 2021 14:38

Skoot wrote: 29 Jul 2021 18:31Airports in ETS2 are always fun with a double trailer. I dislike going there with LCVs, but they're always offering some lucrative cargo, so no pain no gain, I guess. 8-)
What's an LCV? Oversized load? I haven't done any of the special loads yet. I haven't had any airport jobs yet either. I like the oil company yards. Those are nice and big. Some yards are definitely painful even with the singles. Euro Goodies comes to mind. I absolutely hate that yard. Such a stupid spot for the gate. Then there's that yard where the docks are facing you right at the gate so you gotta do a 180 to park. Super annoying. Worst gate and yard belongs to Tramari though. Narrow gate that looks more like a doorway and a yard layout that makes zero sense. I just started hauling a b-double and yeah I hate Euro Goodies lol. It's giving me a lot of blindside parking practice. Stupid mirrors! Can't use my lean-out camera xD.

Here's my new baby. Isn't she pretty?

[ external image ]

Oh and shhhhhh don't tell @Some newbie driver but I was bored one day and created this bad boy just for the fun of it.

[ external image ]

I know, I know, it's a sickness and I need help. Perfect park job at the nice big oil yard though when I was playing around. I was trying it out on a separate save file. I'm not going to use a triple until I get a little more used to the double, cuz yeah it's different than ATS. They're so much more maneuverable lol. My "correction instincts" are way off. I'm parking and I'm thinking, ok time to start turning back the other way .... nope, too soon xD. It's a nice "problem" to have I guess. The bad turn radius of the ATS trucks make them frustrating at times.

First thing I noticed is I need a bigger engine. The 500hp of my Volvo is struggling to get anything over 20t rolling. The only other one I saw was 540, so I hope there's a 600 at a higher level. I'm only at level 20 so I haven't unlocked everything yet.
plykkegaard

#179 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Aug 2021 16:00

Either Ligh Commercial Vehicle or Long Combination Vehicle, I'll assume the latter :D

Consider changing your gearbox, the 500 is more than enough

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#180 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Aug 2021 17:18

plykkegaard is right, 500HP should manage those combinations if you are only hauling 20t of cargo (I suppose it wassomething light and voluminous) you should be near the 40t total combo, that's a regular truck here.

Or maybe you forget to unlock some parking brake in one of the gazillions of axles of that insane combo. :lol:

BTW yesterday I saw an HCT in AP-7 Spain (not a regular double, two whole trailers with a doly). In theory they weren't allowed, at most "on test" but that truck didn't resemble a test one. Maybe they have changed the rules here and I didn't noticed it (perfectly possible). If that would be true, then we could be the second country in ETS2 to allow them (vanilla profiles) and way more intersting place where to do it (because Finland map only is too small to keep constantly hauling HCT; it doesn't matter how nice it could be, one ends bored of always do the same Helsinki ring road.

Regards

Return to “Gameplay Questions”