Parking Doubles - Is it Possible?

plykkegaard

Re: Parking Doubles - Is it Possible?

#181 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Aug 2021 17:22

Kehä III is a nice ring road, been through there more than a few times :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#182 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Aug 2021 17:30

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's a very nice place where to drive indeed (although those high-voltage turrets on the shoulder with no guardrails protecting them seems weird... if realistic).

Problem is that, if you want to drive HCT and not mod / fiddle game files; then the options are so sparse that it becomes boring if done regularly. It's more an indulgence to enjoy from time to time; while Spain is so vast that would allow a lot more continuous HCT driving without the concern to keep repeating roads.

That, of course, if it's true what I saw wasn't just a test truck and if SCS decides to enable it on the game.

Regards
plykkegaard

#183 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Aug 2021 17:44

SEAS has been messing around with 32m / 70t combis since 2018

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Reignman

#184 Post by Reignman » 05 Aug 2021 17:49

plykkegaard wrote: 05 Aug 2021 16:00Consider changing your gearbox, the 500 is more than enough
Define "more than enough" lol? Yeah it works fine in most conditions, but it starts to labor going up hills, and I really don't like losing too much momentum once I get up to speed. I'm using the 12 speed with retarder. Don't have too many options atm. Do I eventually unlock an 18 speed, or don't you have those over in Europe?

I assumed Long Combo Vehicle too, but he threw me off when he said double. He likes doubles but not LCV's. Isn't a double an LCV? Unless I'm missing something, the b-double is the longest trailer I've seen in ETS2 so far. I haven't seen any turnpikes or triples. <a few moments later> I take that back, sweet baby jesus, now that I look, I see a turnpike double available at level 24. Called an HCT.
Some newbie driver wrote: 05 Aug 2021 17:18BTW yesterday I saw an HCT in AP-7 Spain (not a regular double, two whole trailers with a doly).
I started my message before I saw your post xD. Good deal, saves me the trouble of having to create one myself xD. I could always turn it into a turnpike triple and make you nervous. And yeah, when I buy one, the restrictions will be removed so I can haul it anywhere haha.

Meanwhile, the flatbed isn't available in the bdouble configuration, so that's disappointing. It is as an HCT however.

I did manage to get my btriple into and out of a Tramari when testing, but not without losing a lot of paint on the rear trailer lol. They didn't have any cargo for me anyway.
plykkegaard

#185 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Aug 2021 18:16

Yes the HCT is for Finland

[ external image ]

Reignman

#186 Post by Reignman » 06 Aug 2021 00:17

plykkegaard wrote: 05 Aug 2021 18:16Yes the HCT is for Finland
We can fix that. 8-)

[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#187 Post by plykkegaard » 06 Aug 2021 06:18

I know :D

Reignman

#188 Post by Reignman » 13 Aug 2021 19:07

plykkegaard wrote: 05 Aug 2021 18:16Yes the HCT is for Finland
Is that you hauling the HCT, and do we get to see the video of you parking it haha?

Ok I made my way down from Finland, through Russia, Lithuania, Romania, Hungary, and finally made it down to Instanbul. On my way back up the west coast into Hungary, Austria, I was going to stop at my home garage in Munich to buy a flatbed HCT cuz I'm getting a little bored of the bdouble curtain, before heading south into Italy, but decided to keep going with the bdouble because I'm approaching the Corsica area that you guys claim is so difficult haha. I'll switch to the HCT on the way back up, before making my 2nd trip through France/Spain. Otherwise I think I've been through every country now.

Haven't had too many difficult parking spots for the bdouble yet. Until today lol. Normally I'd complain but I don't think bdoubles are allowed in Italy, so it's my own fault. Although this looks like a pretty tough spot for a standard trailer too. Got it in there in under 5 minutes. Sadly I only got 170xp for it. ATS gives me 270 for these xD. Can we seriously not move the trailer that's in the way? Don't know how they plan to unload a curtain side in that cramped corner either.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Reignman

#189 Post by Reignman » 13 Aug 2021 20:12

Some newbie driver wrote: 05 Aug 2021 17:18plykkegaard is right, 500HP should manage those combinations if you are only hauling 20t of cargo (I suppose it wassomething light and voluminous) you should be near the 40t total combo, that's a regular truck here.
I upgraded to the 700HP engine for the increased acceleration. I hate feeling sluggish. And naturally my fuel mileage took a dive too haha. Which doesn't bother me as much because there are enough fuel stations in ETS2, plus a lot of them are right off the highway, which is very nice. In ATS you always gotta go through some city or go down some side road into a truck stop to get fuel, which means waiting for lights, stop signs, and traffic.

I was getting close to 3 liters per km with the 500HP and now I'm closer to 2 with the 700HP. Which means stopping every 1500km instead of 2200. And now I've unlocked the 750HP lol. What's the biggest engine in this game? There ain't nothing more than 605 in ATS.
plykkegaard

#190 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Aug 2021 21:25

Reignman wrote: 13 Aug 2021 19:07 Is that you hauling the HCT, and do we get to see the video of you parking it haha?
Yes check the number plate - [ PLYK ]
Sorry I need to earn some money first, with this profile running ProMods I am not on the best terms with the bank atm

Return to “Gameplay Questions”