Parking Doubles - Is it Possible?

Reignman

Re: Parking Doubles - Is it Possible?

#21 Post by Reignman » 26 May 2020 01:13

Grizzly wrote: 25 May 2020 23:16You could use the b-trains, set the option that allows you to back them in and run one of the mods that allows you to run them in all states.
Not sure what you mean, but you've piqued my interest. I've seen the b-trains on the trailer purchase screen, but how do they differ from the regular doubles? Can you split the trailers? Or do they just park easier because they don't use a dolly? BRB

*5 minutes later*

Just purchased one real quick even though I don't have a garage in Oregon or Washington where they're legal. I thought the game prevented you from buying special trailers unless you had a garage in a legal state? Is it because I have traffic violations off? I suppose I can still only get loads in Oregon/Washington unless I use the mod? I guess I'll go find out xD.
Reignman

#22 Post by Reignman » 26 May 2020 02:37

Grizzly wrote: 25 May 2020 23:16You could use the b-trains, set the option that allows you to back them in and run one of the mods that allows you to run them in all states.
Oh wow, yep now that I've tried the b-doubles, these are a game changer my friend. Too bad I didn't discover them sooner. These are just as fun, if not more fun to park than the articulated heavy loads. Challenging but not impossible because there's no stupid dolly in the middle messing everything up xD.

My first attempt, picking up a load. Took a little while and needs a little work haha. That was a tight dock though. Can't wait to go to Eddy's with these haha.

[ external image ]

And the delivery on a more roomier dock. Got it in there better but again took some time. I'm getting the feel for it though.

[ external image ]

I did these outside the cab too, to get the hang of it. I usually prefer parking from inside and only using the mirrors.

Also you only get 150xp, just like the articulated heavy loads, not the 270xp like the regular doubles, but I don't care so much about the xp, I'm level 51 with everything unlocked. On a related note, the triples only give you 270xp as well. Shouldn't those give you 500 or something lol?

Also also, I guess the b-doubles are legal in Nevada and Utah as well, so that's good. I thought I read somewhere that said you could only use them in Washington and Oregon. I'll probably try that mod anyway because I went to Los Angeles just to see if I could at least pick up a load with these trailers, but at the job screen it says I can't use them.

And nope, can't separate the trailers. I figured I wouldn't be able to. But now I'm wondering how they unload that front trailer with the wheels sticking out like that? Are they tandems that slide forward after uncoupling the back trailer? That's the only thing that makes sense.

But yeah thanks for the tip. I'll be hauling loads with these badboys for awhile.
Deezle

#23 Post by Deezle » 26 May 2020 03:09

Reignman wrote: 26 May 2020 02:37 Also you only get 150xp, just like the articulated heavy loads, not the 270xp like the regular doubles, but I don't care so much about the xp, I'm level 51 with everything unlocked. On a related note, the triples only give you 270xp as well. Shouldn't those give you 500 or something lol?
All multi-pivot trailers are treated the same for XP. Some prefabs have more difficult spots, you can certainly get 270xp for difficult parking with a B-train.
akima

#24 Post by akima » 30 May 2020 08:48

Just want to say that I enjoyed reading your little trucking parking adventure @Reignman

I also learned something new about A-trains vs B-trains. I like the B-train concept more. I guess A-train configurations only exist because you don't need a custom "b-train" leading trailer.
Reignman

#25 Post by Reignman » 01 Jun 2020 02:20

About that mod ... do you know what it's called? I went looking for it but I couldn't find it. I definitely want to run this in all states.
Deezle wrote: 26 May 2020 03:09All multi-pivot trailers are treated the same for XP. Some prefabs have more difficult spots, you can certainly get 270xp for difficult parking with a B-train.
I thought I responded to this already, but thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that. So far I've only seen the 150xp option. Maybe I'll get a 270 at Eddy's.
akima wrote: 30 May 2020 08:48Just want to say that I enjoyed reading your little trucking parking adventure @Reignman
Haha thanks. I just pulled off my first in cab docking of a b-train. It's a little off center, but it's straight.
[ external image ]

Took about 20 game minutes from parking screen to docking. Which is about my average too. I would be doing them faster because the game is pretty lenient about you getting the trailer in that green rectangle, but I keep trying until I get it in there straight. I'm sure receiving appreciates it too ;) . You should get bonus XP for how straight and lined up the final docking is xD.
akima wrote: 30 May 2020 08:48I also learned something new about A-trains vs B-trains. I like the B-train concept more.
Yep definitely. Like I said earlier, the b-train has been a game changer. A lot more fun to dock than a single trailer and not nearly as frustrating or impossible as a standard double.

This one was a little more challenging because of the tight spot and obstacles, but I managed to do it in cab and in about 40 game minutes. Good times!

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I'm almost ready to take on Eddy's again haha.
Grizzly

#26 Post by Grizzly » 01 Jun 2020 03:41

@Reignman there's a couple but I'm using this one:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1115188277

Might have a go at this too, never tried backing up a b-double.
akima

#27 Post by akima » 01 Jun 2020 09:14

@Reignman personally I always try to get the trailer parallel to the green lines, but I don't worry about the truck head as I am driving away and only leaving the trailer. IMO, it should be permittable by the game to have the truck head at any angle relative to the trailer.

I also don't make an effort to stay evenly positioned within the 2 long, green trailer lines if I feel there is no benefit to the trailer receiver. So my considerations are purely role-play oriented. I deliver the trailer as if I was doing it for real.
Reignman

#28 Post by Reignman » 03 Jun 2020 01:18

Deezle wrote: 26 May 2020 03:09All multi-pivot trailers are treated the same for XP. Some prefabs have more difficult spots, you can certainly get 270xp for difficult parking with a B-train.
Yep, you're right. Not that I didn't believe you xD. I got my first 270xp option today with the b-train. At a Sell Goods. It was a tight spot from side to side (fence on one side, trailer on the other), but the dock was deep enough where it wasn't too much trouble. Some of the 150xp spots I've had were more difficult lol. The depth of the dock is more important IMO. It's quite a struggle parking in a shallow dock that requires a sharp turn. Like Eddy's!!!
Grizzly wrote: 01 Jun 2020 03:41Might have a go at this too, never tried backing up a b-double.
Oh man, you don't know what you're missing. I wish the freight market offered them so I could have discovered them sooner, so thanks again for introducing me to them lol. I saw a mod recently that was a 3 trailer b-train (c-train?), so I'm already eyeballing that one lol. Except it probably won't work too well at a lot of these docks. The b-train barely fits in some of them.
akima wrote: 01 Jun 2020 09:14@Reignman personally I always try to get the trailer parallel to the green lines, but I don't worry about the truck head as I am driving away and only leaving the trailer.
Same here actually. My truck head is usually lined up because I always park from inside the cab, only using mirrors, so the best way to see if the train is perfectly lined up is to have the cab lined up too lol.
akima wrote: 01 Jun 2020 09:14IMO, it should be permittable by the game to have the truck head at any angle relative to the trailer.
Actually I think that's how it is. I've had my truck head at funny angles before and gotten the completion option. If my trailer is straight, I'll accept it.
akima wrote: 01 Jun 2020 09:14I also don't make an effort to stay evenly positioned within the 2 long, green trailer lines if I feel there is no benefit to the trailer receiver. So my considerations are purely role-play oriented. I deliver the trailer as if I was doing it for real.
Yep exactly. I keep pulling out and back in until I get it reasonably straight even if they give me the green light when it's crooked. Otherwise what's the point lol? Docking trailers is half the fun, and I don't look at this game as a race. Otherwise it's just driving from point A to B.
Grizzly

#29 Post by Grizzly » 06 Jun 2020 12:10

Running b-train flatbeds now, having fun. It does add a challenge. I reckon Eddy's is easier than with a long single as the b-train bends around corners, took me a while to do it though. I use this as well which gives a lot more variety on flatbeds (probably not strictly realistic):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1921271263
Reignman

#30 Post by Reignman » 14 Jun 2020 00:57

Grizzly wrote: 06 Jun 2020 12:10 Running b-train flatbeds now, having fun. It does add a challenge. I reckon Eddy's is easier than with a long single as the b-train bends around corners, took me a while to do it though. I use this as well which gives a lot more variety on flatbeds (probably not strictly realistic):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1921271263
I haven't tried that mod yet, but I heard you only need to edit the "scs.box.bdouble_2_2.dryvan.sii" file, remove the state restrictions, zip it up with the correct path, and stick it in your mod folder, so I did that, and that works too (gotta activate it in game like it's a mod too). The only issue I've seen with that is, when you pick up a job in an illegal state, the cargo weight is lower than it should be. It seems to pay the correct amount though.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”