Parking Doubles - Is it Possible?

plykkegaard

Re: Parking Doubles - Is it Possible?

#151 Post by plykkegaard » 18 Apr 2021 09:11

Fantastic job, I'll tip my hat

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Skoot

#152 Post by Skoot » 18 Apr 2021 13:13

I'm gonna join plykkegaard in his action.

@Reignman it seems that you misunderstood me. :) I meant that I don't use my lean-out camera when I'm driving forward, but it's irreplaceable when I'm backing up. Mirrors are useful for watching out for parked cars/trailers/whatever else can get in your way, but precise parking with mirrors only is... well, complicated.
Reignman

#153 Post by Reignman » 25 Apr 2021 07:24

Skoot wrote: 18 Apr 2021 13:13I meant that I don't use my lean-out camera when I'm driving forward, but it's irreplaceable when I'm backing up. Mirrors are useful for watching out for parked cars/trailers/whatever else can get in your way, but precise parking with mirrors only is... well, complicated.
Ahhh I see, so you just wanted to torture me? :lol: Oh well, I got some good mirror practice out of it.

And I think I just attempted my most challenging b-triple parking yet. It was my first trip to the Charged in Boise so I didn't know the yard was as cramped and cluttered as it was and unfortunately I brought a triple. It was a very painful 24 minutes, so I rendered it at 3x the speed.
What I didn't consider was how difficult it was going to be to get back out too lol. That RM double parked next to me made even that a challenge.
Skoot

#154 Post by Skoot » 25 Apr 2021 13:23

I went there a couple of times when my HQ was in Boise. Too small even for a 53' reefer (why an electronics company would want to ship freshly manufactured household goods in a reefer trailer is beyond me).
Powerforward88

#155 Post by Powerforward88 » 27 Apr 2021 14:49

Great job backing into the Charged there. Imagine if SCS could simulate AI trucks trying to enter and leave the lot at the same time as you're backing in multiple trailers.
Reignman

#156 Post by Reignman » 27 Apr 2021 23:27

Powerforward88 wrote: 27 Apr 2021 14:49Great job backing into the Charged there. Imagine if SCS could simulate AI trucks trying to enter and leave the lot at the same time as you're backing in multiple trailers.
They'd be waiting awhile haha. But no, funny you should mention it, there's a company that has trucks driving through it now that I think about it. It's a Rail Export, in Kennewick I think. I was trying to park a turnpike double and they kept getting in my way. They stop and wait for a bit, but they keep inching forward until they're basically in the way. I'll upload a clip of it later.
Reignman

#157 Post by Reignman » 27 Jun 2021 22:24

I've taken a liking to parking turnpike doubles lately and messing around with multiple camera angles. Here's a nice view of Seattle from the Port. Not a bad park job either ;)
Reignman

#158 Post by Reignman » 28 Jun 2021 05:41

Powerforward88 wrote: 27 Apr 2021 14:49Imagine if SCS could simulate AI trucks trying to enter and leave the lot at the same time as you're backing in multiple trailers.
I finally uploaded that video I was talking about. Truck traffic rolling through the Rail Export in Kennewick.
Reignman

#159 Post by Reignman » 05 Jul 2021 07:03

Managed to get a few more uploaded.

How bout one at night in the rain? I didn't want to open my window and get wet, but I can't see a thing in those mirrors lol.
Then I had to see if I could park one from the drone, just to get a different camera angle xD. It went surprisingly well.
Here's the same job but from inside the cab. B-doubles seem so easy now after parking a bunch of triples and turnpikes.
Another B-triple. I wish I could get better with my setups, I could shave a lot more time off, but I have no depth perception or something xD.
And one last turnpike. Like I said, I've been playing around with new camera angles, so I got a few nice videos that I still need to edit.
Skoot

#160 Post by Skoot » 05 Jul 2021 12:56

You're one crazy dude, but I like what you're doing. :lol:

Return to “Gameplay Questions”