Mack Anthem the worst stock vehicle to drive?

joschac2

Re: Mack Anthem the worst stock vehicle to drive?

#11 Post by joschac2 » 04 Jul 2020 06:32

Just move your damm camera. Is it that hard. I have over 1k hours and never had mirror problems
adamgj38

#12 Post by adamgj38 » 12 Aug 2020 13:37

The placement of the mirror in the Anthem is annoying if you don't use VR or TrackIR or something of that nature, but other than that it's not a terrible truck. I much prefer the Kenworth T680 and Peterbilt 589 personally, though.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#13 Post by Wolfi » 12 Aug 2020 13:54

Really? I use no such thing and I have no issue with the mirrors in the Anthem (or Lonestar) at all. And no, I'm not using the silly mod "fix".
And no, the mirrors are not placed incorrectly on the Anthem or Lonestar, they are placed incorrectly on every other truck. (Hopefully SCS will fix them one day)
Also, given that (hopefully) every new truck released now will be CAD based, I highly suggest getting used to this kind of mirror position ;)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
F4R35

#14 Post by F4R35 » 12 Aug 2020 16:01

I Test Drie trucks as my full time job, and yes you can see mirrors in your field of view without turning your head, but let's be honest you have to turn your head to concentrate and see exactly what's behind you ;)
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
PBandJ

#15 Post by PBandJ » 12 Aug 2020 17:50

LOL will this conversation ever end. It continues to be brought up again and again. If you like the truck drive it, if you don't like it try and fix it so you do like it by using a mod. If you know how to create your own fix in blender or zmod then do it and enjoy. If you can't find anything you like for the truck, pick another truck. If the trucks are now done off CAD then they are accurate. Already been said time and time again that they won't be changed, maybe it is because of licensing or whatever. Can we PLEASE bury the conversation on the mirror placements of the new trucks once and for all......LOL

Sorry, just tired of seeing same conversations over and over and over.....:)
Theosz

#16 Post by Theosz » 22 Oct 2020 23:20

I think it is very strange and very sad that there are people who essentially say: "look, I don't have and I don't feel this problem so everyone else is wrong and maybe they should be ridiculed because I'm upset about it" or vice versa.

I will mention only the main problem that many experience despite the adjustments made inside the cabin: The driver stops on a street without traffic lights and needs to (try) to look to the left to see if there are any vehicles coming. What he will always see is just a mirror that is obstructing his field of view and coincidentally and things like fate this kind of thing doesn’t happen for the highly sold and acclaimed Kenworth, Peterbilt and Volvo. yes, I avoid to drive Mack Anthem because many things. There is no point in complaining or making controversy simply because there are already mod that fix it

Can SCS do anything if this is the original truck specification? certainly not, especially for contractual reasons, but on the other hand players can and those with more knowledge help others through its/him mods that improve the condition and happiness of driving.

so, use the mod and be happy. period

Stay safe and healthy with hygiene actions against COVID-19
(google translated)
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
Roadkill

#17 Post by Roadkill » 23 Oct 2020 04:42

Cad drawings do not guarantee that it correctly models the truck IRL.

viewtopic.php?f=271&t=284411

Several IRL drivers have commented about the problems. Just because YOU have no issue with it doesn't mean everyone else needs to share your opinion.

If the game is incapable of correctly simulating the FOV monitor vs human then doesn't it make sense to compensate for that inability rather than insisting that everybody must just deal with it like you chose to do. SHUT mouths don't get fed, stop insulting those that speak up for what they want. It's to SCS's benefit for customers to let them know what they would like to see fixed/updated/implemented in game rather than just lurking silently in the background for fear of being ridiculed, way too much of that going on in these forums.BTW, the "silly mod "fix"" as Wolfi calls it is rated 5 stars on Steam by hundreds of ATS users. Have a little respect for the devs that provide requested solutions for us mere peasants.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
yanc1981

#18 Post by yanc1981 » 26 Oct 2020 00:37

FAres wrote: 12 Aug 2020 16:01 I Test Drie trucks as my full time job, and yes you can see mirrors in your field of view without turning your head, but let's be honest you have to turn your head to concentrate and see exactly what's behind you ;)
Yup, I'm agree with that thing and honestly , when you look to an intersection you see how the mirror emplacement is dangerous. You turn your head at left, and you see nothing on the traffic. You need to move your truck a little to see any cars or trucs.
ATS : 331 jobs delivred, 1407 hours played and 266,664 KM done!

Since 2007
murdoch82

#19 Post by murdoch82 » 26 Oct 2020 01:23

I've said this a million times now but...

One thing I'd love is to see more options for hood mirrors on some trucks. Like the VNL's round mirrors, they are awesome, some other trucks are good too, but on a few, they are almost useless. So some "after market" hood mirrors would help the situation a bit. That said, I have no real issue with any of the trucks mirror wise, not bad enough to avoid them.
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5
SiSL
SCS Software

#20 Post by SiSL » 26 Oct 2020 12:37

Roadkill wrote: 23 Oct 2020 04:42 Cad drawings do not guarantee that it correctly models the truck IRL.
[ external image ]

Return to “Gameplay Questions”