Mack Anthem the worst stock vehicle to drive?

Theosz

Re: Mack Anthem the worst stock vehicle to drive?

#21 Post by Theosz » 26 Oct 2020 15:17

Roadkill wrote: 23 Oct 2020 04:42 Cad drawings do not guarantee that it correctly models the truck IRL.

viewtopic.php?f=271&t=284411

Several IRL drivers have commented about the problems. Just because YOU have no issue with it doesn't mean everyone else needs to share your opinion.

If the game is incapable of correctly simulating the FOV monitor vs human then doesn't it make sense to compensate for that inability rather than insisting that everybody must just deal with it like you chose to do. SHUT mouths don't get fed, stop insulting those that speak up for what they want. It's to SCS's benefit for customers to let them know what they would like to see fixed/updated/implemented in game rather than just lurking silently in the background for fear of being ridiculed, way too much of that going on in these forums.BTW, the "silly mod "fix"" as Wolfi calls it is rated 5 stars on Steam by hundreds of ATS users. Have a little respect for the devs that provide requested solutions for us mere peasants.
well, Wolfi still think that is not a bug :-/ - viewtopic.php?f=264&t=276217

so, how players, that pay for the game, can deal with opinions and facts?
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
Roadkill

#22 Post by Roadkill » 26 Oct 2020 20:02

SiSL wrote: 26 Oct 2020 12:37
Roadkill wrote: 23 Oct 2020 04:42 Cad drawings do not guarantee that it correctly models the truck IRL.
[ external image ]
@SiSL What part of that sentence did you not understand??? The CAD model (Computer Aided Design) used by SCS for the Mack Anthem (just one example) is not accurate. The hood angle is higher in that CAD model than it is on the truck IRL (In Real Life). Nicky Young is confused about this also? What is your preferred language? I can translate if you need.
BTW thank you for your great mods.BTW merci pour vos excellents mods.BTW, hvala vam na sjajnim modovima.BTW děkuji za vaše skvělé mody.Übrigens danke für deine tollen Mods.До речі, дякую за ваші чудові моди.
[ external image ]
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
xXCARL1992Xx

#23 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Oct 2020 20:05

the hood was angled by the 3D artist who made the interior, for whatever reason, be it better visibility of the hood mirrors or of the hood dog ornament, this was definitely NOT part of the CAD files but doing from SCS

also, the CAD files are ABSOLUTE, it is the master template all tools are made for the body of the cab, the chassis or the interior +/- tolerances ofc, wich is used to manufacture copies of, every truck is made after these CAD files and nothing else

your "example" was pure garbage because YOU never saw how Mack has done it in the CAD files and you assume it looks like this
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Roadkill

#24 Post by Roadkill » 26 Oct 2020 20:24

Your post is the rude garbage. If you can't be civil when you reply then DON'T. You have a bad habit of rudeness. I assumed nothing. The image shows the difference between the true hood angle of the REAL truck and what is modeled by SCS in game. It was not my image.

Reference posts. viewtopic.php?f=271&t=286598
viewtopic.php?f=271&t=284411
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
xXCARL1992Xx

#25 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Oct 2020 20:49

yes, the hood you see in interior view that SCS rotated up and should finally fix, if you cant see it, except if your head is glued to the interior roof, then we shouldnt see it either, whoever did it should rectify it immediately without asking any questions about it, why this wasnt done already but the side blinker were fixed i dont understand
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#26 Post by supersobes » 26 Oct 2020 21:29

Why don't we shut the engine off before the coolant boils? We can park somewhere and let it cool down a bit. In other words, let's keep things more civilized. Personal attacks and disrespect are not needed. We can discuss the Mack Anthem without any of that. If it continues, it may result in post removals, the topic being locked, warnings, and/or bans. Please don't let it get to that point.
Max
SCS Software

#27 Post by Max » 06 Dec 2020 11:33

well,
point 1: CADs are most accurate thing we could get. truck is modelled by the CADs to get it correct. we prefer do not warp the truck against the CADs that we got from the manufacturer.

point 2: it is a game. it is like virtualization of the trucks and maps that should give (any) player the feeling and entertainment of truck driving.

these two points are quite often in contradiction and we have to do many design decision about stylisation, gameplay and controls.
for various reasons we want truck almost exact (eg some people are REALLY vocal if not). and for various limitations we can't make the game exact on feeling because of that. anthem mirrors are typical example. IRL their position is not an issue as turning head is simple task and most of the things you can see/feel/guess just by peripheal vision - it may even be quite ergonomic solution. but none of those can be made with regular computer controls on flat monitor of regular size wihtout terribly warping the world (increase FOV, alter truck model etc). thus we have to find more clumsy solutions - eg like making mirrors visible in game UI. although they are not real the usage is quite similar to real life. or we have preset buttons or other settings that will show the mirror model on demand.
other options are up to player. you can buy other monitors, the game can handle few variants of such setup. or get VR set which is supported on acceptable level as well. as cheaper version you can get some kind of eye/face/head tracker to turn game camera easily toward mirrors ...

long story short: although i can't completely exclude that we will warp truck models, i do not see it much probable in near future.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
F4R35

#28 Post by F4R35 » 06 Dec 2020 11:42

Those who argue about the mirror position never drove a truck IRL, well possibly even a car!
even if you're driving a car like even a small car like Renault Twingo or the Opel Corsa B which has it's mirrors very close to the A pillars you have to turn your head to see the left mirror.

as for gameplay,I use a mouse steering and keyboard and never had any issues,I have my scroll wheel button set to turn the camera while using mouse steering and it's fine.
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
pigbrother

#29 Post by pigbrother » 06 Dec 2020 11:46

The problem was obvious to anyone having a glimpse of 3D perspective even before the truck was launched. And an Anthem driver confirmed on /r/trucksim that the mirrors are a PITA in real life too.

As stated above many times: use the hood mirrors (I made over 10.000 miles like this and was fine), use the modded mirrors (I use this unrealistic option now because more mirrors means worse performance in a few busy sectors) or find another truck (49x and Cascadia are much better in this regard and also accurate).
I have approximate knowledge of many things
overfloater

#30 Post by overfloater » 06 Dec 2020 11:56

Mack Anthem the worst stock vehicle to drive
Turn on the F2 mirrors.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”