Mack Anthem the worst stock vehicle to drive?

thebigbadonion

Re: Mack Anthem the worst stock vehicle to drive?

#41 Post by thebigbadonion » 06 Dec 2020 15:32

As many others have said its just a limitation of a game on a computer screen vs real life. Not matter how SCS deal with it people will complain, and a lot more will complain if the truck isn't 100% perfectly accurate :D Personally I mapped left and right on the D-pad on my wheel to look at the mirrors when i'm driving trucks where the mirrors aren't visible (up goes back to the regular view). It works really well when you get used to the jarring jump in camera. I think a slight animation going between those cameras, instead of it just jumping instantly would help a lot though personally. or perhaps a new "look at (left or right) mirror" binding
supersobes
Global moderator

#42 Post by supersobes » 06 Dec 2020 15:39

After driving the Mack Anthem for nearly 40,000 miles in ATS, I actually quite like the mirrors on it. It does take some getting used to though because they are very different from the other trucks. I think the mirrors have good visibility, and the fact that the mirror is set so far back from the A-pillar reduces the blind spot that is usually caused by both the A-pillar and the mirror being "connected" in the driver's view. I really do love the Mack Anthem in ATS; it's one of my favourite trucks. However, I don't drive it often because I'm still waiting for SCS to fix the bug in the engine sound audio on this truck. The is a popping sound that somehow ended up in one of the engine sound samples of the Mack MP8 engine. It was reported as a bug two days after the truck released, and it still hasn't been fixed. This issue with the engine sound is very annoying, and it discourages me driving this otherwise beautiful truck. I do hope that SCS can fix that sound issue soon.
Theosz

#43 Post by Theosz » 06 Dec 2020 15:55

I think I lose my post here (again), admin, moderator. Or I did not write of it was deleted for some reason. any problems, admin, moderator, call me

TYVM to Harven with his Freightliner Argosy, IMHO, where the position of the left mirror, left FOV and the view position on the left is great and I don't need a headache, no almost infinite search in error and attempt to get the correct position using F4 key. Simple, easy, basic, smart, practical, smart, correct.

>>>>>>>>>The problem is only noticeable when we stop on a "T" street and the player need to see if vehicles on the left are coming, but the mirror is in front of them and this seems to me unsure if it were in reality. All other trucks are ok but not Anthem, not Anthem, IMHO

[ external image ]

About Anthem, IMHO, it has a very bad internal finish, very weak, with many screws visible; and if I want to see so many screws then I go to a construction depot XDDD. Even the seat support at the bottom is much weaker than other brands.

Again I thank to SCS to bring this truck. The problem is Mack, not SCS, and cant be solved because is like the truck is. I hope others made by Mack come ASAP.
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
murdoch82

#44 Post by murdoch82 » 06 Dec 2020 20:32

Dude.. the Mack Anthem has a simple basic passenger seat in the cheapest cab to save cost and weight. Its a seat that's likely rarely used. If you upgrade the interior package to the fancier one you get a proper seat.
And the visible screw's are there by design, to look tough, durable... same reason it has big knobs and buttons, looks tough, easier to operate with gloves and so on... its the hole appeal of the truck. Try again.....

This fourm....

Also... you can probably order many of these trucks with a basic seat, or no passanger seat at all and no GPS... so they are all bad then I guess? :|
Last edited by murdoch82 on 06 Dec 2020 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5
xXCARL1992Xx

#45 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Dec 2020 20:37

what do you except ?

in regards to screws, i noticed there is one missing on the driver side wiper, the last mounting to the blade on the right is missing one :lol:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Theosz

#46 Post by Theosz » 07 Dec 2020 13:30

murdoch82 wrote: 06 Dec 2020 20:32 Dude.. the Mack Anthem has a simple basic passenger seat in the cheapest cab to save cost and weight. Its a seat that's likely rarely used. If you upgrade the interior package to the fancier one you get a proper seat.
And the visible screw's are there by design, to look tough, durable... same reason it has big knobs and buttons, looks tough, easier to operate with gloves and so on... its the hole appeal of the truck. Try again.....

This fourm....

Also... you can probably order many of these trucks with a basic seat, or no passanger seat at all and no GPS... so they are all bad then I guess? :|
ok friend. I didn't change my opinion. you can get Anthem and I can get WS49X or W900 or W990 or T680 or 389 or Coronado. you happy, I happy! regards
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
Mc.Duli

#47 Post by Mc.Duli » 07 Dec 2020 21:12

I've drove almost 12,000 miles in Mack Anthem and the only thing I could fault is the position of the hood from interior view, which is a little bit rotated (I don't know why SCS have done that this way, maybe for some reason) and in my opinion it should be corrected, but overall I think that Mack Anthem is the one of the best-looking truck in ATS.
Last edited by Mc.Duli on 08 Dec 2020 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
F4R35

#48 Post by F4R35 » 07 Dec 2020 21:22

Theosz wrote: 07 Dec 2020 13:30
ok friend. I didn't change my opinion. you can get Anthem and I can get WS49X or W900 or W990 or T680 or 389 or Coronado. you happy, I happy! regards
Funny enough, even the 49X has exposed screws on the Dashboard 🙄
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
xXCARL1992Xx

#49 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Dec 2020 21:22

screw them out if you dont like them, but dont moan if the truck doesnt work anymore because of vital missing screws :rofl:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
F4R35

#50 Post by F4R35 » 07 Dec 2020 21:32

Carl, I don't have an issue with exposed screws whatsoever Lol, was just telling our friend Theosz that the truck he want to pick also has exposed screws in the interior whoch contradict his complaints about the Anthem.
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"

Return to “Gameplay Questions”