Mack Anthem the worst stock vehicle to drive?

FierbetoN

Re: Mack Anthem the worst stock vehicle to drive?

#71 Post by FierbetoN » 14 Jan 2021 20:07

You can get them with either Eaton or Maxitorque manuals, even a push-button Allison.
HammerlaneHippie

#72 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 15 Jan 2021 15:06

I must be a hard core, old school, anachronism then because I still want to see the hood and a shifter in my truck.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
GT182

#73 Post by GT182 » 28 Jan 2021 15:59

I drive the SCS Mack Anthem most of the time... when I'm not driving Overfloater's KW 100e. It takes getting used to but it is a sweet rig, even if it is in ATS. The Tracker IR makes even easier to look around when your driving. If you have the engine mod with the 720hp Mack engine use that. It pulls the hills a lot easier.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Leen

#74 Post by Leen » 28 Jan 2021 17:20

I like this Mack truck especially with the Mack sound by Kriechbaum, good dashbord and big windscreen and enough engie power
stummer

#75 Post by stummer » 02 Feb 2021 15:04

I also love the Anthem - but sometimes it's not easy to check traffic on the right side due to the mirror position.

I also use Kriechbaum's sound, adapted to Galimim's engines. The 505hp are more than enough and the consumption is at 7.2mpg (I'm hauling a flatbed).
Deimenried

#76 Post by Deimenried » 07 Feb 2021 15:09

I drove the Anthem as soon as it came out, and it was far from the worst. In fact, I prefer it to many of the other "starter" trucks.

On the subject of the mirrors, it is quite an adjustment in general coming from ETS (Where you can see your nearside wing mirror easily) to ATS, where they are situated further back. Doesn't take much to adapt to, and certainly isn't an issue that is confined to the Anthem (the VNL is worse for this, I found).

Return to “Gameplay Questions”