Unnecessary obstructions

MT269

Unnecessary obstructions

#1 Post by MT269 » 25 Jul 2020 14:33

I just completed a WOT delivery to Grangeville in ID. But not without an inconveniently placed vehicle significantly reducing the ability to manoeuvre.

I know that in the real world, situations like this can arise. But with almost no dynamics at these prefab industries, and with it being almost lifeless, why have a permanent nuisance placed in a delivery spot?

This is quite a deterrent to driving in Idaho, so I might just go back to driving in the more familiar in CA and AR if there are going to be more of these in this state.

Here is the image showing the truck squished in where it dropped off the trailer.
ats_img.jpg
ats_img.jpg (19.63 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
Honestly, what is the point of this? It is like having a broken down car as static scenery in an intersection. I don't like this at all, and I really hope that it's removed. It is located at Sell Goods in Grange Falls.
jarryed

Re: Unnecessary obstructions

#2 Post by jarryed » 26 Jul 2020 12:21

I have to disagree with this post. The yard jockey is really not a concern.

Being a former driver and delivering to tight places in the real world I found this to be rather realistic. Then again, backing in the game is all about angles just as it in real life.

In that photo the driver is actually too far to the right which makes things closer than what it really should be.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly » 26 Jul 2020 23:35

Had to back a b-double in there, backed in from the gate end from memory.
MT269

#4 Post by MT269 » 27 Jul 2020 05:48

@jarryed

I'm still an amateur re reversing skills. But I just don't see the need for a vehicle to overlap into a parking bay, when there are several empty ones that should be alternative options (hypothetically).

I would be more tempted to criticise the driver of the stationary vehicle for abandoning it in a peculiar position.
jarryed

#5 Post by jarryed » 27 Jul 2020 22:30

It is not overlapped into the parking area. Your truck is too far to the right side and getting close to the yard jockey.

I have backed into that area several times already.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
MT269

#6 Post by MT269 » 28 Jul 2020 04:38

To put it simply, divide the space the static vehicle is parked in into 10 segemts with the first starting at the left. I know that the truck I parked there is a little too far to the right.

But if this was a standard parking space at a shopping centre with a sedan parked in it, you'd expect it to be aligned with the very centre. Whilst this vehicle would normally occupy about 7 tenths of this space, out of any invisible increments that portray it's position, the front of it is parked at what would be 99, when it should be positoned from roughly 15-85, (if there are invisible markers there!), which there are clearly not.

If this was a shopping centre car park, the driver would have an expiation notice placed on the windshield. But because it's SCS's work, nothing can be done about it unless I nag them to death. Don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean any offence with these comments. They're just my 2c worth.
akima

#7 Post by akima » 28 Jul 2020 12:38

I enjoy obstacles personally. However, it would be nice if some were more dynamic (obstacles coming and going).
Reignman

#8 Post by Reignman » 18 Jan 2021 21:07

I agree with the OP. There are a ton of unnecessary objects in the way of a lot of parking spaces and they're only there to make parking more challenging, but I'd rather have it more realistic. I know obstacles happen IRL, but a lot of these objects could easily be moved IRL too, like forklifts and that truck in the screenshot. Some of the farms just have tiny little wagons in the way, and they're static too, so you can't just nudge them out of the way with your truck. The most annoying objects end up being lamp posts. Why are those inside the fence? And why are they always right where you have to make a tight turn?

I would be fine with the occasional obstacle if they were random and dynamic. The truck in the screenshot above is always parked there and they always want you to park in that spot next to it. The Sell Goods in Ogden has the same truck, so now I just take the 25xp parking spot when I go there.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”