make more money

erdnay

Re: make more money

#11 Post by erdnay » 18 Feb 2021 01:58

I have eight large garages (so far) and paid cash for most of them. No hired drivers. Just me, still using the cheapest stock Kenworth truck (although I did upgrade the engine and transmission so I could haul heavy loads)
paulieGTR

#12 Post by paulieGTR » 21 Mar 2021 18:13

Get yourself out on the street corner.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
HammerlaneHippie

#13 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 29 Mar 2021 14:20

Rule No 1. Do not borrow money!
Rule No 2. Take only long haul jobs that are near to the interstates. They are faster and easier to deliver. Exploring the map can come later.
Rule No. 3 Do not buy the most tricked out trucks on the market. Entry level trucks can earn you just as much money at a lower initial cost and are fine for hired drivers. You can always upgrade them later. I built a $400 million company with a Mack R Model.

A very simple trick to making more money fast is to buy trucks, and hire drivers, and then leave the game running while you sit in your truck when you cannot be actually playing the game, (i.e., overnight). In real life your company drivers are out there making money for you while you sleep. With only four hired drivers, I made over $500,000 just last night! But be sure to shut your engine off or you may be out of fuel in the morning.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
plykkegaard

#14 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Mar 2021 14:41

Nice trick is to use ferries (ETS2)
Or have two garages and quick travel between them (both games)

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
shimsham

#15 Post by shimsham » 05 Apr 2021 04:16

I completely disagree with the person that said rule #1 is to never borrow money. The interest rate on the largest loan (think it is 300k) is tiny and it is better to use that early on and hire drivers and buy cheap trucks for them than not doing that. You can also fast travel between garages you buy and that will use up in game time and almost always get you money from your hired drivers along with getting them XP. This is much more useful for someone that wants to quickly get money than just leaving your game running overnight as you sleep.

Making money early on is only time consuming if one never takes advantage of borrowing money. If one does borrow, they can have a multi garage business going full of hired drivers and be making good bucks after only a few play sessions. What I would do is take out the 300k to use towards trucks, drivers, and garages. I'd then pay it off after I got enough money from jobs and from those drivers and then I'd take out another 300k loan and repeat. I did this a bunch of times until I was making enough per play session that there was no real need for this. Right now I have I think 31 drivers and just under 2.5 mil in my bank as I've been lazy in not buying more garages (believe I have one in every state save for maybe Oregon) and hiring more drivers. If I did the fast travel thing, I'd have tens of millions. I don't usually fast travel because I like to just drive around and money isn't an issue given I am swimming in it these days.
HammerlaneHippie

#16 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 05 Apr 2021 13:36

shimsham wrote: 05 Apr 2021 04:16 I completely disagree with the person that said rule #1 is to never borrow money. The interest rate on the largest loan (think it is 300k) is tiny and it is better to use that early on and hire drivers and buy cheap trucks for them than not doing that. You can also fast travel between garages you buy and that will use up in game time and almost always get you money from your hired drivers along with getting them XP. This is much more useful for someone that wants to quickly get money than just leaving your game running overnight as you sleep.

Making money early on is only time consuming if one never takes advantage of borrowing money. If one does borrow, they can have a multi garage business going full of hired drivers and be making good bucks after only a few play sessions. What I would do is take out the 300k to use towards trucks, drivers, and garages. I'd then pay it off after I got enough money from jobs and from those drivers and then I'd take out another 300k loan and repeat. I did this a bunch of times until I was making enough per play session that there was no real need for this. Right now I have I think 31 drivers and just under 2.5 mil in my bank as I've been lazy in not buying more garages (believe I have one in every state save for maybe Oregon) and hiring more drivers. If I did the fast travel thing, I'd have tens of millions. I don't usually fast travel because I like to just drive around and money isn't an issue given I am swimming in it these days.
It's all personal preference. I have had some hard real life lessons about banks and borrowing. I'd rather work a littler harder and keep my money than give my money to a bank so they can get rich faster. I'm a trucker. I work for myself, not the bank. IMHO, borrowing money obligates you to work harder to pay it back so you essentially become an employee of the bank. I want the bank to pay me, not the other way around.

I own every garage on the US map and almost all of them have 5 trucks and drivers (I save a few slots for personal truck purchases). Plus I have $400 million in the bank all without borrowing anything.

A quick question about ATS bank loans. Does the bank repo your truck if you do not make payments? If not then that would add another level of reality to the game.
Last edited by HammerlaneHippie on 05 Apr 2021 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
plykkegaard

#17 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Apr 2021 13:52

From a game play perspective it is good business

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Steve Pitts

#18 Post by Steve Pitts » 05 Apr 2021 17:47

Drayman wrote: 05 Apr 2021 13:36Does the bank repo your truck if you do not make payments?
No personal experience of this in either ATS (where I've never borrowed) or ETS2 (where I did) but there are messages in the localisation file that suggest that the bank can repossess both trailers and trucks if you are unable to meet your commitments.
Cheers, Steve
plykkegaard

#19 Post by plykkegaard » 05 Apr 2021 18:36

This is true, but doing your daily deliveries instead of sitting idle in the garage, you have plenty of income to cover the withdrawal

Return to “Gameplay Questions”