make more money

bluejay

make more money

#1 Post by bluejay » 05 Dec 2020 20:45

hello to all:

so i just got off a tudor on how to get more money in the begining . that you have to go thru def file economy.sii change two lines and thats it. but how do i access or find the def file? or the steps to get there.

bluejay
XanderSJX

Re: make more money

#2 Post by XanderSJX » 07 Dec 2020 15:44

You will have more luck in Mods subforum: viewforum.php?f=201
I think it needs some tool to open sii file and then you can just edit it with notepad or something similar.
PBandJ

#3 Post by PBandJ » 07 Dec 2020 15:50

There is also the bank in the game, and you can always even do jobs and build up your account to be able to buy things. But then that takes a little time to do. :)
bluejay

#5 Post by bluejay » 08 Dec 2020 00:30

hello to all:

yeah so, pbandj is ok and earning money is good but as a level 4 player i want to start buying tractor and trailers as soon as i can and start driving them i do not wan to wait for level 20 or something like that for my to use my own rigs.

xandersjx, yeah i was thinking about that after my post and when i saw mods thanks for the info

nautofon,

thanks for the links i will take a look at them, um i saw on youtube on how to get into the def file and the economy.sii file and change some numbers. but he never say how to get to the def file and get into the economy.sii.
Hoffa82

#6 Post by Hoffa82 » 01 Jan 2021 17:29

You don't have to earn all the money and "wait for level 20 or something" to buy a rig, use the bank (the in-game one, don't go to your local bank and ask for a loan to buy a virtual truck, they WON'T allow it, don't ask me how I know ...)
You'll earn enough cash to pay it of without trouble.
When in doubt, take a step back, research, use logic and see the discussion from a different angle, then.... MORE POWER!!
plykkegaard

#7 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Jan 2021 17:38

Be patient, soon you'll have more money than you can spend
Believe me theres only minor differences between quick jobs an using your own fleet

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Underscore_101_

#8 Post by Underscore_101_ » 01 Jan 2021 18:23

Money isn't that much of an issue as explained by others, what you're really looking for is XP because they limit you more in getting upgrades than money.

To get the def file you need to follow the 2nd link of nautofon's post, create a new folder and save it there.
now find def.scs here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator
-copy def.scs to the same folder as where you saved the extractor file.
-go to that folder and drag and drop def.scs on the extractor.
-Wait for it to unpack, a new folder should appear.
-in that folder look for \def\economy_data.sii
-make a new folder with the name of your mod
-in that folder add a folder named "def" and copy "economy_data.sii" to that folder
-make your XP changes in economy_data.sii

the lines you want to change for XP are in this bit:
exp_park_bonus: 30000 # bonus for not using the autopark feature on EASY parking spot
exp_park_bonus_medium: 40000 # bonus for not using the autopark feature on MEDIUM parking spot
exp_park_bonus_hard: 90000 # bonus for not using the autopark feature on HARD parking spot
(btw that's taken from my personal mod that I use on start of a new profile, so the numbers will be different)

-copy the folder with the name of your mod to your mod folder (if not already placed there)
------extra info: not needed, but add a manifest, mod image and description file (it just makes things easier to find)
-start game and activate mod.
-park your truck and trailer with the 2nd option
-go back to the profile screen
-remove mod
-continue playing.
Last edited by Underscore_101_ on 01 Jan 2021 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
plykkegaard

#9 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Jan 2021 18:27

I don't know
I started a new plain profile in ATS to introduce Promods Canada, I have only quick jobs atm working for the highest bidder

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
regis902

#10 Post by regis902 » 17 Jan 2021 15:26

I typically use “rolling” loans to grow my company. I take out a loan needed to buy the next truck, buy the truck, hire a driver, pay off the loan through the money me and the other drivers earn, then repeat. The reality is that debt payments are not very much daily compared to what you should be earning and as you grow your pool of drivers/trucks your company daily income will grow and grow. Bottom line don’t be afraid to use the bank.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”