Do You Keep Track of Your Loads Delivered?

GT182

Do You Keep Track of Your Loads Delivered?

#1 Post by GT182 » 28 Jan 2021 16:33

I've been keeping my deliveries written in a College Ruled Note Book from the start back in May of 2017, and in my Game Saves. In the Note Book I keep all the info logged on the given delivery I choose, plus time Left and Arrived for each load. Also Sleep hours and fuel bought. So far I've accumulated 1004 trips in my second round of deliveries, and over 450,000 miles.

The first round of 950 + trips was lost due to my accidently deleting that profile. Now I do a back up every so often just in case. :roll: Thankfully that saved me from starting all over again due to a computer crash from the hurricane we had this past August of 2020. That caused a whole new computer build with Windows 10. Thankfully I could get into the 8.1 HDD and moved the whole ATS folder to my new HDD.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
plykkegaard

Re: Do You Keep Track of Your Loads Delivered?

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 28 Jan 2021 16:34

Very dedicated and even more impressive :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
drbarryk

#3 Post by drbarryk » 13 Feb 2021 07:47

Maybe this might help for anyone wanting to keep job logs. It's just one possibility, but I've had a ball using it, putting each page in a workbook after the job finishes. I've also attached a Hired Driver Log to keep track of my drivers progress. Let me know if these help.
Attachments
Driver Log
Driver Log
Job Log
Job Log
Steve Pitts

#4 Post by Steve Pitts » 14 Feb 2021 18:25

Since nearly all of that information is available in the saved game data I prefer to extract it rather than enter it myself. I will copy information from the in game UI to spreadsheets when trying to figure out how things work though because some values are derived rather than stored (eg. the revenue from a quick job/freight market job)
Cheers, Steve
drbarryk

#5 Post by drbarryk » 14 Feb 2021 19:15

True, however, I enjoy keeping a paper log for my jobs as I'm on a job, noting where I rest, fuel refills, weight control info, other relevant info during the trip. It helps me insert myself a little more into the virtual world. The satisfying thing is that we each are finding our own ways of getting even more enjoyment from ATS
Some newbie driver

#6 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Feb 2021 20:10

On my current profile I'm trying to haul from and to every yard; so I've to log it forcefully; because not always can I link one trip with the next one or some other contingencies can happen. So far, 387 trips done and counting; around 350 good ones.

And as I've to log source and destination, I leverage it to log some other details (cargo, income, expenses by type...)

It's going to be a pretty big excel sheet.
mrodgers

#7 Post by mrodgers » 17 Feb 2021 13:53

I track my jobs and also use a time sheet...
Attachments
ATS time sheet.jpg
GT182

#8 Post by GT182 » 19 Feb 2021 23:24

Mrodgers, that log sheet brings back a lot of memories. I hope you run a legal log. ;) LOL
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Skoot

#9 Post by Skoot » 20 Feb 2021 14:57

Well, I never tried to record all the info about my trips. But I put down the directions for every trip I took while I was learning to drive with no GPS. It actually helped a lot, and now I rarely even open the in-game map before setting off.
GT182

#10 Post by GT182 » 21 Feb 2021 02:36

After running out west years ago and using maps.. actually State maps you could pick up for free at Welcoming rest areas. I found that they were very good but any map was a royal pain to use because it was scary and dangerous trying to read the map and drive at the same time. GPS sure made a big difference but that came out after I was medically retired. Tho it sure is nice to use in ATS.

Plykkegaard, what I it keep track of is just enough to make it simple and easy to record in a college ruled notebook. How Mrodgers keeps track of his loads is actually how it was done when I was driving the big rigs when there were no electronic logs. I had enough of that, so I do it the simplest way I can for ATS in a college ruled notebook. No DOT inspection worries at all. :D

Return to “Gameplay Questions”