Jobs From Only One Company

wcwood92

Jobs From Only One Company

#1 Post by wcwood92 » 22 Feb 2021 13:07

I have the real companies mods and I'd like to have jobs that only go to and from Walmart. I was wondering if there is a way to do this. I was looking at Virtual Speditor, which is very intriguing, but it looks like you have to manually schedule every job. I'd like something random like the default job market, but only for Walmart. This is to go with a Walmart 3 million safe mile skin that I made.
Any idea if this is possible?
I'm okay with editing game files and I know it would probably be listed as Walbert even with the mods active.
Thanks! 8-)
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Jobs From Only One Company

#2 Post by Mohegan13 » 22 Feb 2021 14:29

Short of modding every company in the game to be Walmart Virtual Speditor is probably your only realistic option.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
LAFAYET47

#3 Post by LAFAYET47 » 22 Feb 2021 16:15

@wcwood92 Yes you can, but I warn you Its quite a lot of work with the defs and it will leave some harmless errors on the gamelog. First of all, there is no way to do what you want with vanilla cargoes. You need to do all this thing with custom cargoes. You must first unassign or hide ALL vanilla cargoes, I mean go to def/cargo (unzip the game files for this) and on each cargo file change the body type line to some invented word, for example "vanilla". Some cargoes can have several body types, make sure to change them all to the invented body type.

Second, you must create custom cargoes. This is all up to you, the number of them, name, weight, earnings, etc. Take as example vanilla cargoes, you must use this time use the vanilla body_types. And make sure to put them inside def/cargo of the mod. I suppose you will be hauling boxed trailers right? With visible cargo there should be a step more but if you are going to haul boxes (invisible cargo so) you dont need this.

Third, you must create a "master" file containing ALL of your custom cargoes. This file is very important Because its the one that actually loads the cargoes. Be sure not make any mistake on this or the cargoes wont load up, you will have an error on gamelog. Take as example the vanilla "cargo.xxx" (I cant remember exact name) located inside def folder. Delete all vanilla cargoes and write yours in the same fashion, this is with the "include" line.

Four, now its time for the company defs. Create or just copy paste from games files into mod the path def/company and literally delete all companies except Wallbert/Walmart. Inside this company file you will find 2 subfolders: in and out. Inside those subfolders there are the actual company files. You must rename them with exact same names as the ones you chose in def/cargo. Please remember that you should always choose a cargo name no longer that 12 characters, otherwise the game will not recognise the cargoes and they wont show up.

And that's all I think, I hope I didn't skip anything. If you have any questions or issues just ask. Sorry for the super long explanation, lol. You can also take a look on my mod on the SW, its called "ownable cargo market rework". I'm sure It would help you to better understand everything.

Cheers.
Steve Pitts

#4 Post by Steve Pitts » 22 Feb 2021 18:22

This is only a wild stab in the dark, and I've never tried anything like it, but I wonder whether replacing every file under the in and out directories for all other companies with a dummy file containing an empty SiiNunit would work? Shouldn't be too difficult to script something like that but would avoid all of the messing around with the cargoes etc. Still non-trivial mind, and not for the faint-hearted.
Cheers, Steve
wcwood92

#5 Post by wcwood92 » 22 Feb 2021 19:59

LAFAYET47 wrote: 22 Feb 2021 16:15 @wcwood92 Yes you can, but I warn you Its quite a lot of work with the defs and it will leave some harmless errors on the gamelog. First of all, there is no way to do what you want with vanilla cargoes. You need to do all this thing with custom cargoes. You must first unassign or hide ALL vanilla cargoes, I mean go to def/cargo (unzip the game files for this) and on each cargo file change the body type line to some invented word, for example "vanilla". Some cargoes can have several body types, make sure to change them all to the invented body type.

Second, you must create custom cargoes. This is all up to you, the number of them, name, weight, earnings, etc. Take as example vanilla cargoes, you must use this time use the vanilla body_types. And make sure to put them inside def/cargo of the mod. I suppose you will be hauling boxed trailers right? With visible cargo there should be a step more but if you are going to haul boxes (invisible cargo so) you dont need this.

Third, you must create a "master" file containing ALL of your custom cargoes. This file is very important Because its the one that actually loads the cargoes. Be sure not make any mistake on this or the cargoes wont load up, you will have an error on gamelog. Take as example the vanilla "cargo.xxx" (I cant remember exact name) located inside def folder. Delete all vanilla cargoes and write yours in the same fashion, this is with the "include" line.

Four, now its time for the company defs. Create or just copy paste from games files into mod the path def/company and literally delete all companies except Wallbert/Walmart. Inside this company file you will find 2 subfolders: in and out. Inside those subfolders there are the actual company files. You must rename them with exact same names as the ones you chose in def/cargo. Please remember that you should always choose a cargo name no longer that 12 characters, otherwise the game will not recognise the cargoes and they wont show up.

And that's all I think, I hope I didn't skip anything. If you have any questions or issues just ask. Sorry for the super long explanation, lol. You can also take a look on my mod on the SW, its called "ownable cargo market rework". I'm sure It would help you to better understand everything.

Cheers.
LAFAYET47,
Didn't realize that was your mod until the end of your post. I've been using ownable cargo market rework for months. I love it!
And all of that seems to make sense. I'm comfortable with notepad++ so I think I'll give it a try. You're right about it being box trailers only so I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.
Will this change things for the entire game? Or is it possible to have it only apply to one profile? I'd like to run this on a separate profile so I can always go back to regular gameplay. If not, I can always just save the default files off to the side, no big deal.
Thanks again!

Also, Steve, I see what you're saying, trick the game into thinking the other companies don't exist. maybe I'll make a backup of everything and try that idea as well... I'm curious now.
Madkine
Global moderator

#6 Post by Madkine » 23 Feb 2021 08:08

As it's a mod you install it will only affect the profile you install it on.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Steve Pitts

#7 Post by Steve Pitts » 23 Feb 2021 21:33

wcwood92 wrote: 22 Feb 2021 19:59I see what you're saying, trick the game into thinking the other companies don't exist
Essentially yes. What you actually need to achieve is to delete all of those files (we know that the game accepts the situation where a company folder exists but has no in and/or out directory because that can happen with unowned DLC - I seem to remember first encountering the situation after the France DLC was released for ETS2 and the airport in Paris had only an editor directory because the depot existed with the base game but didn't accept or dispatch any cargoes without the DLC) but I'm not aware of any way for a mod to remove the contents of a base game file. However, I am not a modder (just someone who has written a lot of code to read the SCS supplied data) so I might be barking up entirely the wrong tree (excuse the pun).
Cheers, Steve

Return to “Gameplay Questions”