Delivery Windows Question

DGAF_AK87

Delivery Windows Question

#1 Post by DGAF_AK87 » 25 Feb 2021 23:30

Without trying to make this confusing as all can be, I have a question that pertains to the delivery windows in game and its calculation.

Is there a bigger calculation for it other than distance and if there is, what is it based off of? I'm aware that the ETA is based off a constant average speed 62 kph, but is the windows based off it as well?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Corsair H100i XT
32GB Patriot Steel Viper 3200
Too Many Drives to List
Gigabyte Windforce OC 2070S
Windows 10
Steve Pitts

Re: Delivery Windows Question

#2 Post by Steve Pitts » 27 Feb 2021 12:17

I'm not sure that there is a simple and obvious answer to this question.

Things we know:

1. The ETA and job journey time has not been based off a fixed speed for a while now (see this recent comment from Max for confirmation).
2. The length of the delivery window is based on the urgency of the job using values defined in economy_data.sii (currently 90 minutes for urgent, 250 for important and 400 for normal) and those values are the same in ATS and ETS2 and have not changed in ETS2 for many years, if ever.
3. YOUR need to rest is factored into the delivery window (ie. the game always factors in if you would need to sleep before the expected arrival time).

However, what we don't know is exactly how the window is calculated. Superficially at least (I've never been bothered to look at more than a handful of these because I've never found the time allowed to be a problem) the calculation is not solely based on the calculated journey time and urgency nor is it based on a fixed speed for the distance and the urgency.
Cheers, Steve

Return to “Gameplay Questions”