U.S 50 Extention

clutch

U.S 50 Extention

#1 Post by clutch » 06 Mar 2021 19:07

I saw to the west of Carson City, 3 roads, one to south connecting the south of the road, and another connecting the north of that road. I went into fly mode to check it out and saw a sign that showed U.S 50 to the right and Reno to the north or something like that. I was wondering what this was since it was completely useless unless you wanted views of Lake Tahoe. So I was wondering if this was some sort of project that they were or are going to extend U.S 50 to Sacramento and State Road 28 and 89 to Truckee so it would be easier to get to San Francisco and Sacramento easier rather than go up to Reno and then down to Truckee which is completely a waste of time in my opinion. Anyways I was wondering if anything was going to happen with this road anytime soon cause this road is pretty useless right now.
Attachments
Map of Carson City with the section of road I am talking about circled.
Map of Carson City with the section of road I am talking about circled.
InkedCarson_City_map_LI.jpg (95.46 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
hangman005

Re: U.S 50 Extention

#2 Post by hangman005 » 07 Mar 2021 08:07

One hopes it is, I know a few of us will be pretty happy if US50 is extended when the NorCal Rebuild is done.
TomDooley

#3 Post by TomDooley » 07 Mar 2021 16:14

This road looks like that since years. I wouldn't get itchy from anticipation about it.
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 09 Mar 2021 04:51

I've been an advocate for US-50 reaching Sacramento for the past year or so. Its one of the few C2C US highways that would be sweet to have. Considering SCS is rebuilding the base map, I think they have read this forum enough to see how we all feel about this particular road. They have continued US-50 East with every dlc. It only makes sense to make it right and provide it from the beginning. When Sacramento is rebuilt, we'll get our answer then. US-50 is marked as the US's loneliest road in Nevada so I'm in for the scenery with the current mapping techniques.

So the pic above, I wouldn't focus much on it honestly. The rebuild will alter it anyways. If you look at the snapshot below, you will notice that US-50 from Google Maps is totally different than what the base map has. It's completely inaccurate. Technically what is labeled as US-50, is actually NV-28. That is what borders the lake. Same inaccuracy with CA-299 and CA-44. The way SCS maps now is a bit more accurate than anything before 2017. This area will all change with rebuilds coming. Not only that but the juncton at I-580/US-50 @ US-395 is not even accounted for.

[ external image ]
clutch

#5 Post by clutch » 14 Mar 2021 00:53

Yeah everything is pretty inaccurate, you can see the clear difference between Nevada and some of its neighboring states like Utah, Oregon, Idaho, they are all much better mapped than Nevada. CA-99 is pretty accurate until it hits Stockton, then it becomes a blvd for some reason? I hope they do this soon because I'm looking forward to the changes the update will bring.
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 21 Mar 2021 05:37

Agreed. Glad they started with California first. Its the oldest part of the game. Arizona is feasible and tolerable. It will hold up until they complete Nevada. California and Nevada can really use it.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”