Does super single have benefit?

samuelchoi

Does super single have benefit?

#1 Post by samuelchoi » 08 Mar 2021 13:19

Does super single tires in game make difference like better fuel efficiency?

Or just looks?

I tried to test it, but there was too many variables.
joschac2

Re: Does super single have benefit?

#2 Post by joschac2 » 08 Mar 2021 17:47

It most likely does if you have realistic fuel econ checked on
hvyhal

#3 Post by hvyhal » 09 Mar 2021 10:10

I will say that in real life, the super singles not only look ugly, but they are a joke. They are more expensive to replace and if one blows out, they cause more damage to fenders and such an you don't have another tire beside it to stand on. If you know what you are doin and have duals, you can pull over and take an outside tire off by yourself and then limp your way into a truck stop with tire repair somewhere and save yourself the cost of road side assistance. I have done that before. I also don't think they are more fuel efficient, they ride like crap and are a pain to replace. Sometimes they wrap themselves around the axle. One of our drivers had one blow out on his drive axle and it took the tire mechanic 4 hours to replace because they had to cut it away from the truck. A lot of tire shops are getting away from selling super singles because they don't want to deal with them any more. That's how much they suck.

With regards to your game, someone would have to get real life numbers and then model that into the mod you are using to have the super singles. So it depends more on how the mod is written. If not, I personally wouldn't bother with them because in my opinion they are ugly and you don't stand to gain anything. And like I stated above, it's heavily controversial whether they are more fuel efficient than duals, it depends on who you talk to and where you get your information.

Any way that's just my 2cents.
Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198440518973/
TexasWhirlwind

#4 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 10 Mar 2021 03:41

If you have a blow out with th3 super singles then you are stuck until a tire man can get to where ever you are to fix it. With duals on the axle if you don't blow both of the tires out at least you can slow down an maybe make it to the nearest tire repair shop in stead of being stranded in the middle of no where....
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
HammerlaneHippie

#5 Post by HammerlaneHippie » 29 Mar 2021 13:59

I had to manually change a super single once. Dismount the old and mount a new one without a tire changer. I took me over 3 hours and that was at the plant shop where I had tools!
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!
hvyhal

#6 Post by hvyhal » 31 Mar 2021 08:32

wow that is crazy. I still to this day think that regular duals are far better than super singles. It should not take that long to change a tire.
Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198440518973/

Return to “Gameplay Questions”