I need help with job market search field

David ARMAstrong

I need help with job market search field

#1 Post by David ARMAstrong » 20 Mar 2021 21:18

Greetings all double clutching, gear jamming, brake slamming, pill popping, scale hopping, freight shaking brothers.

I'm fairly new to ATS and hate to bother you with newbie questions, but I can't seem to get much from the search field in the top right of the job market window. No matter what the main filter is set on, Price, Destination, Etc. when I enter anything in the search field it can't find any jobs. For example I set the main filter to destination up or down arrow, and then type in a city name or the states abbreviation; like Flagstaff or Phoenix or AZ or (AZ) and it never finds any loads, but when I clear the filter there are plenty of jobs going to those places mixed in with the other several hundred jobs?
Is the search field functioning; and if so, what am I missing?

I would type more, but I'm on an urgent delivery and just ran into my second detour, gotta reprogram the GPS and make some fast miles. See you on the road. Keep the shiny side up, the rubber side down, keep on trucking and don't be on the side fu..... sleeping!
Thanks
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: I need help with job market search field

#2 Post by Madkine » 20 Mar 2021 21:36

The filter at the moment isn't particularly helpful. I think the only thing it filters on is the cargo name.

In regards to the detour comment, you can only encounter 1 detour per job so basically you haven't managed to clear the first detour and have now hit if from a new direction.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Max
SCS Software

#3 Post by Max » 20 Mar 2021 21:37

in 1.40 beta it is bit more useful .. ;)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
TINO

#4 Post by TINO » 20 Mar 2021 22:14

How?
Grizzly

#5 Post by Grizzly » 21 Mar 2021 00:59

You can search for location now.
David ARMAstrong

#6 Post by David ARMAstrong » 21 Mar 2021 05:45

Thank you all. I was joking about the second detour. LOL sorry. Thanks for the replies. I discovered that I could search for cargo like "Boat" but not city or state. Looking forward to that capability. I can get by until then. Thanks again!
TINO

#7 Post by TINO » 21 Mar 2021 14:41

Grizzly wrote: 21 Mar 2021 00:59 You can search for location now.
I just tried it. It works for countries (italia instead of Italy) and companies too. :) Nice!
David ARMAstrong

#8 Post by David ARMAstrong » 31 Mar 2021 23:26

Yes you can search for a company like Vitas or any of the others. The search capability is much improved in v 1.40. Thanks again brother truckers!

Return to “Gameplay Questions”