Way to duplicate profiles?

SuchManor

Way to duplicate profiles?

#1 Post by SuchManor » 03 Apr 2021 00:42

I want to duplicate my main profile so I can use it as a modded profile. For example I have my main profile now with most roads discovered and garages in most cities, I want to duplicate it so I can use it for a modded profile but still have the separate vanilla profile to play if I want. Is there a way to duplicate a profile and keep everything as it was?
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
PBandJ

Re: Way to duplicate profiles?

#2 Post by PBandJ » 03 Apr 2021 02:38

yes you can. This is how I do it. I DO NOT use steam to backup my profiles so if you do I am not sure how you will do this. Using steam it calls the folder Steam_profiles instead of profiles. Not sure this will work if you use steam to backup your profiles. I backup my profiles regularly on an expansion drive and thumb drive both, so I deactivated using steam backup for profiles. I go into the documents/ats/profiles folder and right click on the profile I want to duplicate and hit copy. Go to your desktop and paste it there. I use the tool sii decrypt next. (have to google it) Once extracted you should see a file called sii_decrypt.exe. Copy it. Open the profile folder you copied and paste the sii_decrypt.exe file. I then drag the profile.sii file over top and drop it on the decrypt tool and it changes the profile.sii to where you can edit it in notepad++ or whatever you use. Open up profile.sii file and scroll down to the bottom of the file and you will see a line "profile_name: "nameofprofile". You change the name between the "" to whatever you want the profile called in your new profile. Once you have the name entered, highlight the name only, right click and copy it. Now save the profile.sii file.

The next part I use notepad++ so not sure how it works on other programs, but notepad++ has a hex converter in it. I open notepad++ and open a new file then paste the name I copied from the profile.sii file into the blank page I created in notepad++. I then highlight the name I just pasted and go to the top of notepad++ and click on plugins to drop down the box and then click on converter. I choose ASCII -> Hex which then changes the highlighted name to hex form. This is what your profile name looks like in hex form. I then copy the hex numbers.

Almost finished lol. It takes longer to type this then it does to actually do it. I then go back to the desktop to the profile folder you copied and pasted there. I right click on it and choose rename. It will highlight the numbers the folder is called and then paste the numbers you copied from the notepad++ file there. So it changes the numbers the folder is called. You can then copy the folder or drag it back into your documents/ATS/profiles folder and drop it there. When you start ATS click on the name of the profile listed to drop it down so you can see all the profile names and choose the one you just created. Before starting the profile you will need to load in the mod manager any mods you had loaded in the original folder you copied. That should be it....:) It really only takes about 5 minutes once you get on to it.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”