Road Blocks

jterr

Road Blocks

#1 Post by jterr » 28 Jul 2021 14:02

Just a quick question on the road blocks. I lost a $15,000. fee as I was late due to 2 road blocks that kept me going in a circle. I tried to find another route but was too late. What would happen if we just went around??
jarryed

Re: Road Blocks

#2 Post by jarryed » 28 Jul 2021 16:28

Nothing. A lot of people squeeze by the detours.

While the feature is nice the road network in ATS is sorely lacking to make them a viable game feature. I personally have turned off Detours. You can do this by going to Options >> Gameplay. Move the Detours slider all the way to the left. If you do this while on a job there is still a chance you will encounter a detour. They will however become disabled during your next trip.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
PBandJ

#3 Post by PBandJ » 28 Jul 2021 20:03

It depends on what type of road block it is. If you can see why it is blocked such as a truck breaking down, an accident of some sort, etc. then you can usually just go down to the next exit and come back from a different direction and proceed on. If you can't see why it is closed, I then look at other on ramps if there are any to see if they are closed also. If they are, then I look at the map for another route to get me to where I need to go. Rarely does it cause me to be late, unless I am on a rush delivery of some sort. Those offer more money but come with a risk that you will not be able to complete them due to a road block or some other reason. I like how the game makes you think in these situations myself.

I have attempted to drive around a couple and was once blocked by a pile of dirt or whatever the truck was carrying that turned over, and the other time was blocked by a helicopter which caused me to turn around and then I received wrong way fines till I got back to where the road block was. It all depends on why the road was blocked and what you can see. In real life the police would chase you and it would not be good outcome, so I try and drive the game as close to real life as I can. After all, people post in here a lot about making the game more and more realistic, so I try to stick to it.

As jarryed stated you can go into your game play options and set up your game to how you like to play and remove a lot of the things such as rain, detours, fines, etc, etc.
jterr

#4 Post by jterr » 29 Jul 2021 18:02

Been late several times due to road blocks gonna just turn them off
MrAbner

#5 Post by MrAbner » 30 Jul 2021 01:16

I'm with PBandJ on this one, stuff happens, and ya gotta just suck it up. I've been late on a few jobs because of these detours (and sometimes my own stupidity missing an exit) or even my own sightseeing. One or two were so late (delivery time very close to a rest period, and then a detour pops up — then I have to rest) my pay was $0.

It's not like I'm going to go broke. Sure, it hurts the ego, but I take my lumps and get on with the next job. ;)
GinXeng

#6 Post by GinXeng » 30 Jul 2021 10:46

Just turn them off, they make no sense in this game, an alternate route isn't even an option in this limited "open world" game. If they were more back roads, then I'm all for it but no, I'm not going in circles or driving 200 miles out of my way thats ridiculous.
plykkegaard

#7 Post by plykkegaard » 30 Jul 2021 11:37

Detours are more viable in ETS2 but in ATS too often you end with a trip around another state or you get a merry-go-round
Either turn it off or get one way fines
For realism turn it off - it is a rather new thing in the games, sorry can't recall when it was introduced though

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Steve Pitts

#8 Post by Steve Pitts » 31 Jul 2021 11:21

Not that new really - v1.33 (December 2018) for ATS, v1.36 (December 2019) for ETS2
Cheers, Steve
nater6540

#9 Post by nater6540 » 31 Jul 2021 19:52

The worst part is coming across a detour going around that, coming across another detour a few miles ahead of the one you’re trying to get around, then you end up straight back to where you started when trying to go around the second one
jterr

#10 Post by jterr » 31 Jul 2021 21:20

I turned them off

Return to “Gameplay Questions”