SCS Logic

FMG_Flame

SCS Logic

#1 Post by FMG_Flame » 28 Aug 2021 09:41

Hello, I was planning to message SCS but I did not know where to go, so I am going to post this here, in the forums.
I love this game but, something that really irritates me is the fact that you have to park in such specific areas in parking lots/yards. Why do I have to move over 5 feet in order to be allowed to "rest"? The way in-game rest should work, is as long as you park INSIDE of the yard/lot you should be allowed to sleep. I play without the HUD, and it sucks when I find a spot to park, shut off the engine, press enter, and nothing happens. Then I move over a few inches/feet and BAM. I can rest there. Why is the game so specific when it comes to the areas in which one can rest? Anyways I hope SCS sees this and something can be done about it. Sorry for posting here, but I did not know where to post this.
poozykrem

Re: SCS Logic

#2 Post by poozykrem » 28 Aug 2021 10:22

Sometimes you gotta look for that trigger somewhere on a single parking spot out of 5 in the lot, SCS should look into it
nautofon

#3 Post by nautofon » 28 Aug 2021 10:27

Sometimes, rest spots are too small by accident. Those can be reported as a bug.

But as I, too, usually play without the map being visible, I do agree that making rest spots larger in general would be an improvement.

BTW, "Rest spots too small" might be a better subject than "SCS Logic". I almost didn't see this.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
Klag

#4 Post by Klag » 28 Aug 2021 15:59

nautofon wrote: 28 Aug 2021 10:27 Sometimes, rest spots are too small by accident. Those can be reported as a bug.

But as I, too, usually play without the map being visible, I do agree that making rest spots larger in general would be an improvement.

BTW, "Rest spots too small" might be a better subject than "SCS Logic". I almost didn't see this.
I literally came to say everything said here.
Optional Features

#5 Post by Optional Features » 28 Aug 2021 18:02

Resting should be an action, not a trigger. You should be able to pull over anywhere, stop the truck, go into the sleeper, and press a key to rest. If you park illegally, you should be fined when you "wake up."

But resting should be independent of location. Park in a Walbert parking lot, on an exit ramp, on a commercially traveled street, or at a hotel plus the existing areas and rest.
TomDooley

#6 Post by TomDooley » 29 Aug 2021 09:21

Along of the use of sleeper cabs, this is yet another much criticized "uniquemess" (aka brainfart) of some developer about rests in the game...
plykkegaard

#7 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Aug 2021 09:34

Agree trucks with sleepers should have extra benefits

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Optional Features

#8 Post by Optional Features » 29 Aug 2021 22:23

TomDooley wrote: 29 Aug 2021 09:21 Along of the use of sleeper cabs, this is yet another much criticized "uniquemess" (aka brainfart) of some developer about rests in the game...
Yes, that's why otr trucks have sleepers lol. To rest. Sometimes this game makes me 🤦‍♂️
VTXcnME

#9 Post by VTXcnME » 30 Aug 2021 19:54

This would be a nice feature for future updates, looking into the sleeper area of a OTR truck and being able to rest when parked. Or have a specifically mapped button when parked/engine off/parking brake set.

I'd also say setting a rest time frame would be good too. Truckers don't sleep 9+ hours a go.
EurocopterX3

#10 Post by EurocopterX3 » 31 Aug 2021 00:02

The reason there is the ten hours of downtime is due to SCS probably trying to represent the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's required 10-hour off-duty period. So technically, the driver might not be asleep for those ten hours and could be spending some of them doing something else.

Source: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/h ... egulations

Return to “Gameplay Questions”