Max button inputs for one button box in ATS?

Barnso

Max button inputs for one button box in ATS?

#1 Post by Barnso » 14 Sep 2021 17:37

I've searched the game site, youTube, Google, and these forums to find an answer on the subject. Does ATS support a controller(button box) with 64 inputs/buttons on one circuit board(Leo bodnar or DSD each have a board that can do 64)? Or are we limited to 32 per controller?

I do know a work around to make pins 33 thru 64 work. SV Mapper or Joy2key would allow it, I just rather not have to use those.

Thanks in advance!
XanderSJX

Re: Max button inputs for one button box in ATS?

#2 Post by XanderSJX » 21 Sep 2021 11:48

Isn't keyboard also control device from game perspective? I figure if you can use all buttons on keyboard, then you can use same number of buttons from any input device. I haven't tested, just how it sounds to me.
Barnso

Does ATS support 64 input controller?

#3 Post by Barnso » 06 Oct 2021 03:07

I've searched the game site, youTube, Google, and these forums to find an answer on the subject. Does ATS support a controller(button box) with 64 inputs/buttons? Or are we limited to 32 per controller circutboard?

I do know a work around to make pins 33 thru 64 work. SV Mapper or Joy2key would allow it, I just rather not have to use those.

Thanks in advance!
Barnso

Re: Max button inputs for one button box in ATS?

#4 Post by Barnso » 06 Oct 2021 03:18

I understand what your saying. But it would be nice to know before I buy a board for 64 and it dont work as intended. For some reason it's different than a keyboard with games, probaly something to do with it being called a controller board.

https://derekspearedesigns.com/64-butto ... oller.html

info from dsd:

Note: This device allows for the direct connection of buttons, encoders, toggles and rotary switches - NO matrix is needed. Also note carefully that only the racing titles iRacing and Assetto Corsa, rFactor2 (Build 906+) and the flight sim DCS World will utilize game devices with 64 button inputs. Other titles will only use the first 32. You will need to use SVMapper to expand buttons 33 to 64 for use with other Windows titles.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”