UPHILL - DOWNHILL

rock1966

UPHILL - DOWNHILL

#1 Post by rock1966 » 28 Sep 2021 12:25

RE: Uphill - Downhill -- Fleming V asked if my retarder is ON, meaning that makes it seem like more uphill driving than downhill driving. He posted on the OLD post, so I cannot respond to it there since it was LOCKED! I do not use retarder.
XanderSJX

Re: UPHILL - DOWNHILL

#2 Post by XanderSJX » 28 Sep 2021 14:36

As you mentioned in locked thread, you drove same route in both directions and noticed that down and uphill is not the same. I asked there, but probably missed the post, can you do those trips again and make a video? Then you can give exact timestamp and explain where you think is the problem.
bobgrey1997

#3 Post by bobgrey1997 » 28 Sep 2021 15:16

Oh, here we go again...
The other thread was locked because it was going nowhere. Nothing you say about there being up than down makes any sense, as it is literally impossible, both in reality and in-game.
When a thread gets locked, it doesn't mean go make yet another one on the topic.
XanderSJX

#4 Post by XanderSJX » 28 Sep 2021 15:52

@bobgrey1997 I agree, just hope that user can provide us a video so at least people can explain why to him it seams like that. it is obvious who is wrong, but maybe he can accept that he can learn here. I may be to hopeful with these things... :)
natvander
SCS Software

#5 Post by natvander » 28 Sep 2021 21:02

Let’s put this to bed. It is physically impossible for the map to have more uphill than downhill roads. If you drive up a hill and then turn around, you go down that hill - there is no weird physics involved. Without any evidence of what you allege I’m having a hard time working out where you see this. If you insist on following this, then you need to supply a game log and other evidence - at the very least screenshots, details of trips, controller used and map locations.
Note that if you continue to post about this after you supply your evidence, even in the face of undeniable evidence that goes against your claim, moderators will take action.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Underscore_101_

#6 Post by Underscore_101_ » 28 Sep 2021 21:37

@OP though sometimes it may seem there's more up hill than down hill, and in theory it's possible, but certainly not measurable by playing the game.
You have to keep in mind that when you're going up hill you're usually going a lot slower, certainly when hauling a loaded trailer.

Then there are roads where up hill may be steeper than down hill, of course this evens out when you're going in the other direction, but then the up hill
may not seem as much as the other way around.

etc,...
Madkine
Global moderator

#7 Post by Madkine » 28 Sep 2021 21:38

@rock1966 I've thought about this some overnight, and it's possible that you are perceiving some of the flat bits of road as uphill. Human brains are weird and wonderful things and multiple people can look at the same thing and see something different.
Outside of that, as mentioned it's not physically possible for their to more uphill than downhill and you've now had a Dev confirm that for you.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
rookie31st

#8 Post by rookie31st » 28 Sep 2021 23:07

We live during weird times and I admire people who are reasoning unreasonable arguments. At least until they realize that it's pointless.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
rock1966

#9 Post by rock1966 » 29 Sep 2021 02:25

rock1966 wrote: 28 Sep 2021 12:25 RE: Uphill - Downhill -- Fleming V asked if my retarder is ON, meaning that makes it seem like more uphill driving than downhill driving. He posted on the OLD post, so I cannot respond to it there since it was LOCKED! I do not use retarder.
DID YOU PEOPLE READ WHAT I WROTE?????? I was responding to Fleming V saying my retarder might be on, so I answered that post. It's NOT here we go again! I responded to a comment. Pretty easy to understand I would think?
bobgrey1997

#10 Post by bobgrey1997 » 29 Sep 2021 03:15

It should also be pretty easy to understand the thread was locked, and that what you claim makes no sense.
If you responding to a specific post, and only to that specific user, you could send him a PM instead of starting a new thread? Isn't that also pretty easy to understand?

Return to “Gameplay Questions”