Couple of newbie questions.

TrevElvis

Couple of newbie questions.

#1 Post by TrevElvis » 16 Oct 2021 10:55

Please may I apologise firstly, I have Aspergers and sometimes it takes me a lot to remember or understand anything.

Firstly, when hiring drivers, what determines what level they are ? For example, I got a 2.5 driver but since I can’t get one over 1.7

Secondly, what determines the best place to have a garage. I started off in Roswell but thought after buying a couple of others I needed to buy a garage in a big city, so I bought Los Angeles but it seems to be my worst performing garage. Please I want to work out where to go next.

Thanks for all of your help
rookie31st

Re: Couple of newbie questions.

#2 Post by rookie31st » 16 Oct 2021 15:54

I'm not 100% confident, but you get most new AI drivers to hire when you unlock new recruiting agencies, and they are most probably random. They also seem to update from time to time, so you might come across higher rating ones later. If you need a driver, just hire the best you can find at the moment.

As for garages, Los Angeles isn't very profitable for me too. It's among the least profitable. San Francisco, Elko, Bakersfield, San Diego, and Colorado Springs are the most profitable in my game. They all have ratings of 10.0 drivers, but I don't think it matters much as Los Angeles, Tucson and Denver at the bottom of the list have 9.2 and 10.0 rating drivers.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
VTXcnME

#3 Post by VTXcnME » 20 Oct 2021 13:34

Some garages perform better than others. With no rhyme or reason to it. Some of my best performing garages are in the middle of nowhere (comparatively) to big city garages.

When I was looking for drivers, regardless of my level, all of them seemed to be around 1.0 to 1.5. Maybe a rarity would pop in at 2 or 3. But that happenedmaybe twice. It was all about retaining drivers and boosting their skills as I did mine through game progression.

I don't think there is a "best placement" strategy for garages. For rookie, his bakersfield and colorado springs garages are most profitable for him. For me, they aren't. They are about midway down the list for me.

I dont' know if there is a random modifier/chance feature or what.
plykkegaard

#4 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Oct 2021 13:42

For garages, as a start you need to have nearby cities discovered and don't add to many drivers to each garage at first
Drivers just get the one you like on first page, if they don't perform sack a few for your own amusement :D
Otherwise enjoy the game

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
rookie31st

#5 Post by rookie31st » 20 Oct 2021 13:58

I probably should have mentioned that all of my garages are small ones, and have just one driver and truck. Also, each truck has a unique configuration (body type). No truck looks alike except Pete 389 that has two faces. Not sure if it even matters though, it is still not clear how exactly AI drivers behave.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
plykkegaard

#6 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Oct 2021 14:16

The truck doesn't matter afaik
In case you have own trailers in the garage the driver will return empty more often
But nevertheless eventually you will have more money than you can ever spend in the game

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Madkine
Global moderator

#7 Post by Madkine » 20 Oct 2021 20:35

Trucks have a small influence on income, with some reports that too high end a truck can break rookie drivers earning capabililty.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
plykkegaard

#8 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Oct 2021 20:48

Nahh never got any noticeable issues
Own high end trucks always drizzled down to an employee as I bought another brand

TrevElvis

#9 Post by TrevElvis » 25 Oct 2021 08:11

rookie31st wrote: 20 Oct 2021 13:58 I probably should have mentioned that all of my garages are small ones, and have just one driver and truck. Also, each truck has a unique configuration (body type). No truck looks alike except Pete 389 that has two faces. Not sure if it even matters though, it is still not clear how exactly AI drivers behave.
That must be where I’m going wrong as have upgraded the garages to use fuel at them and filled them up with drivers.
VTXcnME

#10 Post by VTXcnME » 27 Oct 2021 17:31

all my garages are upgraded with 5 drivers/trucks in each. They all make money, some do better than others.

No economy mods for me. Just time grinding it out. Once you get half a dozen garages upgraded with their own trucks, it starts to roll a little quicker.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”