Call me Karen but...

Seaking

Call me Karen but...

#1 Post by Seaking » 25 Oct 2021 18:39

...hey, SCS, can you guys and girls at headquaters have an eye on those who run those AI vehicles? Epecially the 4-wheelers, maaaaan, those bits and bytes are intoxicated to say the least. Especially when runnin' wide and heavy, those lil critters really are searching for a fight at times. Pull a lil left on a two lane road to have a wider swing in a tight entrance on the right? Yeah man, sure there is that Tesla squeezing into that tiny little space on your right, even if you have flashers on. Takin' a wide swing left turn with a long Lowboy? Yeah, just know that that Police cruiser is stopping exactly where you have to hit them. Don't those things reverse? On ramps on an interstate and the 18-wheeler in front brakes to a full stop out of a steady 65 just to let someone in... Dang, you have to love tose guys...

By the way, why do I have to pay a fine when an AI-car hits the rearend of my trailer while buzzing down the on ramp like an F-16? Or, why do I get fines for exceeding my hours while I am, literally, just pulling back into a spot on a parking lot to have my break? And when your at a crossroads for a left turn, placing your right wheels just slightly on the other lane to make for a lil wider swing, and your green arrow comes on and you go and you... get a red light fine? Teach those AI cops to give a lil leeway at times.

I love the game but change the drugs you are giving the AI please. ;) (No offense)
plykkegaard

Re: Call me Karen but...

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Oct 2021 18:44

Just keep it hidden from the AI

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
GinXeng

#3 Post by GinXeng » 27 Oct 2021 18:57

Just turn off fines and fatigue. I know this tries to be a "Simulator" but there is nothing simulating about those things.
VTXcnME

#4 Post by VTXcnME » 27 Oct 2021 23:16

Okay. You're a Karen. Now what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to add a no damage mod on mine. I was getting fined for delivering damaged loads (due to AI running intersections and hitting me). I turned off traffic offenses because there was ZERO margin of error. Like you said, wheels too far over the stop line? Fine. Not lined up in the lane right? Fine. Car hits you (not the other way around) I'd get a fine. 76 in a 75? Nope. Fine. I get the idea of what they were shooting for, but the application is all wrong. It's not how any of this works.

PS-guess if you're a karen, I'm a karen too.
bobgrey1997

#5 Post by bobgrey1997 » 28 Oct 2021 02:25

Getting fined for being over hours is realistic. In reality, you could be at the truck stop, looking for a space to park in (or even backing into one) when you run out of hours and get a fine. Driving the vehicle, at all, while you are out of hours is illegal. There are ways around this in reality, such as Yard Move (on-duty non-driving, can go up to 20mph) and Personal Conveyance (off-duty, only for personal uses such as going to the store during breaks, but also has a "Safe Place Move" which allows you to find the nearest legal, safe place to park when out of hours). The game does not allow us to make use of these, but that is an issue regarding hours of service, not so much AI or ticketing. Don't hope for any improvements, ever. SCS is far too focused on new roads and cargo, and don't care for gameplay elements or immersion, unfortunately.
Underscore_101_

#6 Post by Underscore_101_ » 28 Oct 2021 03:11

I don't think it's because they don't care, there are just too many people with different experiences and it's impossible to make everyone happy.

I for one am fine with the way the AI behaves, not that i never get into an accident, but AI driving into me is not an issue because that very rarely happens.
Some minor things that could annoy others just make me laugh at them, like just yesterday needed to stop for some road work with temp traffic lights, a police car passes the line and i thought well that's a first a police car in a hurry,... only that it stopped in front, but just on the left of the queue making the other AI afraid to continue when the lights went green, that's just funny, luckily i was able to make the same move and squeeze through.

tbh, imho people that (get) run into by AI often (enough to complain) just don't know how to play the game.
Madkine
Global moderator

#7 Post by Madkine » 28 Oct 2021 07:40

VTXcnME wrote: 27 Oct 2021 23:16 76 in a 75? Nope. Fine.
Being really nitpicky, but the margin for error in the game is more than that, you'll never get fined for being 1 over the limit.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
wato

#8 Post by wato » 28 Oct 2021 08:30

Like @Underscore_101_ said, it's absolutely possible to drive without accidents. Sure, occasionally I don't pay enough attention or the AI behaves very unexpectedly, and I get in an accident. But even these are more often than not preventable by driving more defensively, which you'll find, is not unrealistic.
I guess what I'm saying is, the game is more enjoyable if you look at it as a challenge and as a way to improve your driving, rather than as a bug. After all it's just a simulation that has to run in real time on a home computer, and can therefore only have so much detail.
plykkegaard

#9 Post by plykkegaard » 28 Oct 2021 08:57

Defensive driving is the keyword
A nice habit to get for the RL occasions

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
VTXcnME

#10 Post by VTXcnME » 28 Oct 2021 11:08

Madkine wrote: 28 Oct 2021 07:40
VTXcnME wrote: 27 Oct 2021 23:16 76 in a 75? Nope. Fine.
Being really nitpicky, but the margin for error in the game is more than that, you'll never get fined for being 1 over the limit.
admittedly I turned off the fines a long time ago as I didn't find them to have super accurate reasons in being doled out. That said, I do remember when rolling down a hill faster then the limit generally letting the cruise control engine brake work, I'd be fined. My tolerance is set at 5mph. So, yes... The 1mph might have been slightly tongue and cheek, but the fine system sets penalty under the standard cushion folks are given. Well, under in a lot of scenarios, I suppose I haven't found *every* possible way to be fined in game. LOL. The part about being fined at a traffic light because your tires are sitting wheel width past the white stop line? Man... if we tried that at work there'd be protests and riots calling for more civilian oversight.

But: at the end of the day, SCS did us all a very nice solid by being able to turn those off! I appreciate the ability to police myself in game.
imho people that (get) run into by AI often (enough to complain) just don't know how to play the game
I'm glad others don't have issues. And for myself, it doesn't happen frequently. But this seems to be a deliberately obtuse viewpoint. Maybe you meant it as a joke. Internets are fun to read inflection.

The issues I have with the AI traffic aren't frequent. Driving for any length of time in game, I've found AI drivers that have turned right on red, despite traffic occupying the lane they are trying to move in to. More than once an AI driver (18wheeler or car) for reasons unbeknownst to any of us mere mortals has stopped dead when they had right of way or a persistent green light. Traveling a busy interstate? Car shoots down the onramp and merges in directly next to you. Causing your truck to go off the road. In some of those instances, the operator of the rig, through no fault of their own, was dragged into another MV operators stupidity. Delivering a damaged load when you were being careful and driving defensive is a bit of a pain in the rear end. I get it, with what I do for work IRL crashes are generally avoidable. 100%. However, there's a handful of times that circumstances outside of the operators control (regardless of how careful one is driving) contribute to a crash.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”