1.37 & Older - Owned & standalone reefer load type and indicator light fix [UPDATED]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Robinicus

1.37 & Older - Owned & standalone reefer load type and indicator light fix [UPDATED]

#1 Post by Robinicus » 03 Feb 2020 22:24

Hi all,

This changes the trailer type to reefer only and properly enables the reefer running light for the following loads using owned & standalone reefers:

Beverages
Butter
Cheese
Food
Frozen Food
Frozen Fruit
Frozen Vegetables
Fruits
Ice Cream
Meat
Nuts
Vegetables
Yogurt

This also adds a 10% rate increase for all the above reefer load types; this was done at the cargo level so as to avoid any conflicts with economy mods people may be running.

Please let me know if you run into any problems as I have not been able to test every possible scenario; this is compatible with @overfloater's reefer mod as well.

NOTE: this only works with the 3 SCS reefer types on SCS trailers and may not work with those reefers on other reefer trailers such as the Utility mod etc. If you use the trailer specific reefers added with those trailer mods, they use their own reefer indicators but the load type change still impacts them as well

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1987918520

Thanks,

Rob
Last edited by Robinicus on 21 Jun 2020 03:45, edited 3 times in total.
1.39 combined engine pack now available

1.39 default SCS replacement engine pack now available

MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

Space_Night

Re: Owned & standalone reefer load type and indicator light fix

#2 Post by Space_Night » 30 Apr 2020 14:30

@robiniscus, adding sound to the reefer what a great idea,

note: Thermo Kings ("turbo kings") are louder than the Carriers ("cooler victor") how anyone with a TK on the front of the trailer sleeps with one of those things rumbling away i do not know! With WoTR jobs, perhaps if its possible have the refrigerator start up when you click "accept delivery"

now it may or may not be possible (i dont know) if it is possible to have a different cycle, so stuff like milk, yoghurt which does not need to be quite as cold as say Fish or meat has the refrigerator cycle, where meat which needs to be kept frozen has the reefer unit running constantly.

Robinicus

#3 Post by Robinicus » 30 Apr 2020 14:35

@Space_Night - I have asked SCS to enable trailer sounds for reefers and it is on their list for future enhancements. The only sound anchor on the trailers right now is for the crank; I did some testing and it just sounded goofy so will wait until they get there.

We have requested the ability to have it cycle based on temps (both ambient and load temp required) so there would be high & low speed dynamic changes; it all depends on how much effort SCS wants to put into it. IMO, it is not much more work to add support for these parameters but it all depends on what else is on their list to work on.

For sure this one is high on my list as well; the hope is they also add it to all refrigerated trailers and not just the active one so you could pull into a yard and drive by a row of running parked trailers :)

Space_Night

#4 Post by Space_Night » 30 Apr 2020 18:18

yeah, i have noticed the lack of hissing and thumping from the trailers as they go over speed bumps. A running reefer unit would be sweet but the chances are it will be a steady run rather than cycling.

Robinicus

#5 Post by Robinicus » 30 Apr 2020 18:25

If they don't add the cycling option I will be able to recreate it any way using random triggers....same as I am doing with engine fans now; ideally would be something more realistic but will find a way :)

kyfami

Re: Owned & standalone reefer load type and indicator light fix [UPDATED]

#6 Post by kyfami » 09 Jun 2020 20:55

I love this man. lol I was going to post a bug for the lack of lights on Voltron reefers, though now looking at the cargo types I see that it's intentional [and makes perfect sense!] No reason to cool a reefer full of lithium batteries. Nice touch of added realism to the sim.
"you got to stop thinkin’ so negative son, we ain’t not never made it yet have we?"
ImageImage

Return to “Mods”