[Request] Windshield accessory "divider" SCS W900

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Rumblebox

[Request] Windshield accessory "divider" SCS W900

#1 Post by Rumblebox » 06 May 2020 00:13

More of a lurker than a poster around here, and don't know for sure where requests go but I see some in this section so... I apologize in advance.

I'm not very savvy in modding for ATS or I'd attempt this myself but...

You know the Windshield accessories slots right? Well I've seen and used some mods (in ETS2) that were simple cards placed on the windscreen, they were oriented to fit the windshield if placed a certain way on the red dots...

What I'm thinking is a black bar, or black strip for the center of the windshield on the W900 to emulate a split windscreen, like in the old days. Its not authentic method but from the driver seat it would be satisfying enough without having a real 1980's W900 mod. With SCS trucks you're not dependent on updates necessarily.
This black bar would be a pre-oriented mesh designed to be placed on the CENTER DOT of the windshield set, as an accessory in the shop. Or, in other words virtually a strip of electrical tape down the center of the windscreen from the inside.

Its something I would do myself if this kind of thing was something I knew; with what I've seen the community create this should be child's play to someone who knows what they're doing.

And, as a request, I can't offer anything in return beyond gratitude. For all I know maybe someone else out there would also enjoy it as well.

In the meantime I'm trying to figure out blender but am getting nowhere fast.

A rectangle polygon laying against the windscreen to imitate a dividing line. Not a real windshield post but close enough for me. Heres a mockup I "photoshopped."

MikePetersenTrucking

Re: [Request] Windshield accessory "divider" SCS W900

#2 Post by MikePetersenTrucking » 26 May 2020 20:07

Not just the old days, the 2020 -2021 W900 also comes with a Split window as a optional spec. Straight from the dealership. ;)

Uxot

Re: [Request] Windshield accessory "divider" SCS W900

#3 Post by Uxot » 08 Jun 2020 21:43

That would be cool,would be another truck for me to be able to drive without the immersion killing horrible windows placement with TrackIR/VR.

Well if SCS updated the W900.

Return to “Mods”