Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3631 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Jan 2021 21:19

I'll say yes the day the avatar can handle all controls
All, not just the steering wheel
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Bandit & The Snowman

#3632 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 13 Jan 2021 23:02

Dunno, there are racing games that have it working, including manual shifting and handbraking. I have no idea what the implications in terms of CPU power are though, whether those racing games are multicore etc.

PBandJ

#3633 Post by PBandJ » 14 Jan 2021 17:34

Would like to see the speed warning sound available to anyone NOT using navigation. Right now you must have a form of navigation select and voice navigation to have the speed warning beep. It all ready has a check box if you want the sound, so gives option for ones who don't want it at all.

GT182

#3634 Post by GT182 » 14 Jan 2021 19:21

Sobes, truckers are held to a much higher standard than the rest out on the highways because of that CLD we sit on, as I was told by a few cops. If we don't use signal lights, for an example, we will get a ticket. Run without all lights on in the fog, rain, or snow will get you a ticket. That CDL is what that higher standard is. As for the public, they pretty much do as they want without consequences. I see it all the time.

And only truckers, or someone having to do with trucking, knows what flashing your lights means. As I've said before, these "new" truckers don't have a clue what flashing your lights means... or they just don't care. And I've asked a few of them.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

supersobes
Global moderator

#3635 Post by supersobes » 14 Jan 2021 20:07

It's actually a surprise to me to learn that flashing your headlights as a courtesy to other drivers is a trucking thing. I had always thought it was a general thing that most road users knew about regardless of the vehicle they drive. But then when I come to think of it, it is mostly trucks that I see doing this. I wonder if the truck drivers who I've let into a lane by dimming my headlights when they signal think I'm an actual truck driver then.

xXCARL1992Xx

#3636 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 Jan 2021 20:11

people are doing it here in Germany all the time, flash you if they want to let you pass or indicate 3 times (left-right-left) to say thank you etc., and not only trucks do this, some cars doing the thank you thing to truckers that drive onto the hard shoulder to let the cars pass by (on some roads they drive on the hard shoulder so to not block the road), or flash you if you should pay caution because they drove past an accident and warn you etc.

is it really only a trucker thing in the US?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

flight50

#3637 Post by flight50 » 14 Jan 2021 20:32

When I am on a 1+1 road sometimes there is a huge backup in rush hr traffic. More times than not, I will hold up traffic in my flow of direction to let a person turn coming from the opposite direction. Many people will not let you in. Its courteous to not back up both lanes of traffic so I flash to let that one person turn so that they won't hold traffic in their direction. In ATS/ETS2, the AI will somewhat hold traffic to let you out if you are sort of out in the road. What if it could be programmed for the AI to flash to indicate you can safely turn in/out? Sometimes, its hard to tell if they are letting you safely turn.

I know the AI is now programmed to use hazard lights if there is a road blockage all of a sudden but what if a courteous gesture can be included. Might take an AI overhaul but many are hoping for smarter AI anyways.

Bandit & The Snowman

#3638 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 14 Jan 2021 20:40

I already got flashed at and let out, in both games.

flight50

#3639 Post by flight50 » 14 Jan 2021 20:53

Oh really. I haven't noticed that. I'll look for that then. I've only noticed the AI flash when I have my hi beams on but they are still in motion.

supersobes
Global moderator

#3640 Post by supersobes » 14 Jan 2021 22:38

The AI traffic has flashed me to let me out at a junction too. From what I've seen, you usually have to sit there for two to three minutes and you have to be using your turn signal for them to do it though.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”