Wishlists Megathread

yzfmike

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3931 Post by yzfmike » 18 May 2021 04:04

1. When visiting a service center, have the player pull into the shop (just like own garage) where the door opens so they can service their truck/trailer. (Service menu UI would have the truck and trailer in a shop for background instead of truck and basic background as is now (1.40))

2.Adjust railroad crossings to have lights on the gate as well instead of just on the post. Possibly include signals that are seen at tracks as well.

3.Construction scene that are longer in distance, such as scenes that would take miles for example (full repave project on a highway)(some scenes would force travel on opposite side of highway) also include the tolls/bridges being upgraded as well. Have these scenes slowly upgrade with newer versions of the game as well (or make it user adjusted).

4. Have certain trailers like a dump body, connect to truck, then the player will drive under loading bay before proceeding to destination. (I don't think the game could handle a loading scene)

5. Adjust traffic light logic (left turn lights go green with straight lights instead of current logic (reverse: straight, then left turn in 1.40)(left turns light go back to red, while straight stay green)).

6. Emergency Vehicles currently roam map continue this, and have lights/sirens as if they are going to an emergency (I think a mod did this to an extent)

7.Trucks in traffic have various stock SCS mods applied to them (currently the basic models in any dealership before any upgrade)

8.Expand cabin physics to include mudflaps that move, antenna shakes, cab moves up and down as if it has air ride.
GT182

#3932 Post by GT182 » 19 May 2021 01:43

I'd like to see trucks pulling in to pick up loads and leave while we're picking up loads. The economy must really be bad if we're the only ones picking up and delivering freight. All the AI trucks we see on the highways have to get their loads someplace and deliver someplace else.

No mail trucks of any kind are seen anywhere. No delivering to homes and businesses, dropping mail at Post Offices or their collection points or distribution centers. There used to be garbage trucks, but no more.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
flight50

#3933 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2021 02:40

Garbage trucks seems to be in select cities. They are kind of like school buses and street sweepers. Speaking of cities, I would like to see updated cities buses in the largest cities. There is public transportation and buses are everywhere just like the trains that cities have. Texas has several cities that can do this. California is getting rebuild and they for sure have modern buses there as well. I'm sure Portland, Seattle and Denver are no different. Phoenix, Salt Lake? That old Greyhound bus is so 80s. It should have never even been in the game. I haven't seen one of those in fleet operation since the early 90s. ATS needs better AI vehicles and a larger selection of them at that. Several ETS2 cars are sold here in the US as well. JazzyCat brings some over but I stopped using his mods. I'm surprise SCS has not done this if the models are already there. There are many things that both games can share but they don't maximize that potential much.
harishw8r

#3934 Post by harishw8r » 25 May 2021 09:29

A convoy feature that would let the host to enable/disable speed limiter for all the player trucks would be amazing.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3935 Post by supersobes » 25 May 2021 13:23

That would actually be a pretty useful feature. In a couple of convoys I've been in, the trucks without speed limiters went ahead and left the trucks with speed limiters behind. I guess it's realistic, but I think the main point of the convoy feature is to have the trucks driving together.
flight50

#3936 Post by flight50 » 25 May 2021 14:27

I got left plenty of time in my Cascadia. I honestly don't know if its limited or not but it makes sense how much I was getting left by the lead trucks, lol. I was thinking it was the power I had. Problem is, the Cascadia is the only good sounding truck in vanilla mod. When mods are allow, I'll be back in my W900.
Trucker_71

#3937 Post by Trucker_71 » 25 May 2021 16:57

I find the SCS W900 with the stock SCS x15 sounds just fine, including the jake. To me the Cascadia not so much although it does have a cool horn. :lol:
I have a problem with the Cascadia's interior, why is it a black pit. When you sit in your car/truck in real life, it's not a dark pit, you can see everything around you in your vehicle. The Cascadia needs the interior brightened up, this one reason I still stick with the W900. ;)
Angel_Arrow

#3938 Post by Angel_Arrow » 26 May 2021 09:55

jarryed wrote: 21 Feb 2021 16:42
Drayman wrote: 21 Feb 2021 14:03 I would like to see a way to transfer funds and/or assets to new profiles so that we do not have to work through all the beginner stuff every time.
I disagree with this. Each profile is its own entity. There should be no way to move funds or anything else from another profile to a new one. Thumbs down this one. Sorry.
You can just copy an existing profile and give it another name. How you must do this, is explained in this video.
flight50

#3939 Post by flight50 » 26 May 2021 13:29

The problem with the W900 is how it cuts out in between shifts and off the gas pedal. A truck should never go silent. When going thru the gears, if your rpms are still high, we should hear that reflected in the sound. Kriechbaum did a great job of this in his mod and that is how SCS trucks should sound imho. People have to listen to Kriechbaums' sounds to understand what I mean and then compare it to SCS. There is a difference. Once you play with Kriech's sounds, you don't go back to vanilla, lol.
harishw8r

#3940 Post by harishw8r » 26 May 2021 14:48

Also, now that we have a functional cb radio in the game, why not have one visually inside the truck?

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”