Wishlists Megathread

akima

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3411 Post by akima » 16 Oct 2020 20:19

Please make some of the harsher sounds more pleasant. E.g. the handbrake sound & the weigh-station beeper sound. I recently played vanilla (without the Sound Fixes Pack) and found myself squinting at those two sounds when they were triggered. They were jarringly harsh to my ears. Checkout the Sound Fixes Pack by You Drive Safely. It improves both those sounds and may others.

Note: I think you've made a lot of improvements with the FMOD release (including the much improved air horn sound) and many sounds are good IMO. So I'm not saying it's all bad.

Also: the air-brake sounds from the Sound Fixes Pack are super satisfying. Your current braking sounds are very nice IMO, but the Sound Fixes Pack ones are just beautiful!

StClinton

#3412 Post by StClinton » 18 Oct 2020 04:32

I pulled into a place to do the delivery, and noticed something that I got me thinking. As I was heading to drop the trailer, I saw a trailer that for some reason I said to myself that I would love to take the load to where-ever it was going. I didn't care where, but I wanted to do the delivery of it. I realized that I just couldn't back up and off I went.
I know that it may never happen, but I think that it could be fun if when one pulls into some of the yards that their would be jobs that one could just simply grab without knowing where they were head until one has hooked up the trailer. The destination of the job and the pay amount would be reveled after hooking up, with the thing being that one could not unhook from the trailer until one has gotten to its delivery destination.
I know that the odds of getting this is nearly zero, but it is an idea that popped into my head.

Bandit & The Snowman

#3413 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 18 Oct 2020 08:27

Well with a little experience (which trailer/load in the yard is which in the job list) you can just decide to take it no matter what and search the job list. The only difference to your approach is that you have to stay focused and not make up your mind once you see what it is. ;)

flight50

#3414 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 13:49

@StClinton actually that is a pretty interesting idea. I've never seen anyone request that before. I'd call it a "Mystery Load". I would be cool to toss in a few of those. Maybe a probably slider or check box that activates them. I know sometimes the game will give you a green box on the job list but it tells you what the product is. But that is typically a game file issue. SCS could purposely program something to make your idea work. I like it though. Now I don't know how often I'd use it but I'd try it.

akima

#3415 Post by akima » 18 Oct 2020 15:45

I can't remember if I mentioned this already, but I'd like to be able to fully, manually manage my trucks and trailers. IE I choose where to put the trailers and I can see them all outside where I left them. If I need a truck moved somewhere I'd like the option of driving it there myself. I'd like to be able to teleport my character to different trucks (which I would explain to myself as getting a cab or driving by car), but actually have to move the trucks.

I'd really enjoy doing manual trailer management. It would add an extra element to the game.

Metaltov

#3416 Post by Metaltov » 18 Oct 2020 16:12

Israeli Paint Jobs Pack
Please.

flight50

#3417 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 19:14

@Metaltov wrong thread dude. This is the ATS thread. No Isralei Paint will come from your request in this thread.

@akima I hear ya on the trailers. One thought I have is a situation like trucks in a garage. We have 5 slots for trucks in a garage. I think we can have 5 slots for your top most used/liked trailers to be placed on the yard/lot. Keep it as infinite for the trailers you can own but tag trailers to specific slots. Now what might be easier is to come up with buying a truck lot for storage. That way garages can be left as is but if you introduce a new type of game mechanic, its less complicated. Many people want garages in more cities. What if we got truck lots in a few cities to take the place of the lack of a garage. A garage could be more expensive but just a piece of land with parking lanes is cheaper. Put these in smaller towns or places where there is more space. Most big cities will have garages already. Such lots can work very similar to truck stops. We just need a large lot with at least 10 slots. 5 for trucks and 5 for trailers. Or just make 5 total slots for trailer and truck combo that is the length of the longest truck & lowboy setup.

If there were locations around the map that we can just buy truck lots, we can use that as storage. I see lots of people post pics of 3-4 trucks with trailers posted up somewhere. I'm not sure how they do this but everyone can have the ability to do this if we got truck lots. We can take a pic of all 5 of our trucks and/or trailers however we'd like. I'd like to make a truck lot of all W900s , all K100e's or even all 5700XE's or Cascadia's.

akima

#3418 Post by akima » 18 Oct 2020 21:15

Yeah, I think having fixed slots where trucks and trailers can go and be seen visibly would also be an improvement of the current design. Would be really nice pulling up to a garage and seeing my trucks in the garage bays.

flight50

#3419 Post by flight50 » 18 Oct 2020 23:19

Definitely. I like to see my collection as well. The game already keeps track of this stuff. If there can be 10+ trucks spawned on a truck stop, surely the game can spawn 5 trucks with trailers if our setups are defined in the game already.

Bandit & The Snowman

#3420 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 19 Oct 2020 00:32

Same reason as with hired drivers: because of performance reasons, can't show high detail trucks. Low detail trucks (like the AI's), however, don't have accessory customizations. Now if someone waves jazzycat's tuned truck mod at me, I say fps. It just won't work without compromises, that's a path SCS don't want to follow.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”