Wishlists Megathread

flight50

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3641 Post by flight50 » 15 Jan 2021 00:41

^Ahhh, that's why I haven't seen it. I've seen hazards lights flashing as in emergency but not flashing as in I'm letting you out. No way I am sitting 2-3 minutes, lol. I've learned to force my way thru to make them stop. Once I sit for 30-40 seconds and I don't see a break in traffic in sight, I inch my out into the road. A lot depends on the trailer I am hauling to. If I am trying to get out and need to turn left, I'm screwed. But turning right, I can swing wide and traffic holds.

GT182

#3642 Post by GT182 » 15 Jan 2021 03:32

Yeah, I was taught to flash my headlights to let a truck back in the lane we're traveling in and flash them to say thank you for letting us back in at a young age. LOL As for saying thank you I got to using my 4 way flashers. That keeps the trailer marker lights all on, and you don't have to reach for the marker light switch. The flasher is right there nice and close in front of your left hand on the signal light unit. ;)

My stepdad and uncles when I was a kid and rode with them, my step dad again and a couple other drivers too when I was getting my Class 1 back in 1976 explained it as I had questions about it too. They all explained the reason why to flash your lights. When an 18 wheeler passes you he can't see if he's cleared you to pull back in. From his perspective he's blind back there and will take longer than he needs to to pull back in if no one flashes their lights. That's ok on a 4 lane highway but not so great on a 2 lane road. He could get caught with oncoming traffic and then he'd have to pull in and maybe cut you off. Not a good thing for anyone's health. And that's why you to flash your lights to say thank you to the one you passed. As I see it today it's a dying courtesy. Even today when I'm in my Jeep or car I flash my lights for them to pull back in.
--------------------------------
I've not seen any ATS AI 4 wheelers flash their lights after passing them, or any AI 18 wheelers flash theirs. Well I take that back.... all oncoming AI do flash their lights if you don't dim your head light high beams.

And a side note. Tonight on my 1000th load I've finally seen an AI truck parked at the garage I bought in Naples Florida. It's the only garage out of the ones I have that I've seen it. And after the upgrade it was still there outside the door one of the unused bays. Maybe the Trans-All garage mod was updated to include it, but I'm not sure. Or SCS did it with the last upgrade.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

supersobes
Global moderator

#3643 Post by supersobes » 15 Jan 2021 04:30

The truck manufactures make it much easier nowadays. Most new trucks have buttons right on the steering wheel for drivers to flash their lights. They call them light interrupter switches, and they interrupt the circuit to the headlights or the trailer lights for up to three seconds.

Larry71490

#3644 Post by Larry71490 » 15 Jan 2021 20:27

@supersobes mine is on one switch that cuts off all my lighta except the headlights and can hold it for as long as I want to.

GT182

#3645 Post by GT182 » 16 Jan 2021 18:19

I remember the F Model Macks had a self centering switch on the dash just forward to the left of the steering wheel to flash the lights. Push forward to flash headlights and pull back to flash the trailer lights. No reaching required.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

GT182

#3646 Post by GT182 » 17 Jan 2021 03:28

Two more wishes. Garages that you own that you can do upgrades and repairs in. I found one in C2C, but there could be more. And I also found a garage on the C2C map with a truck parked in the yard. Like in earlier garages before these newer updates and before Oregon, Washington, Utah, Idaho, and Colorado.

supermatic200

#3647 Post by supermatic200 » 17 Jan 2021 09:22

It's something probably others have already noticed before and may have been mentioned in this thread already, but I dislike how the road surfaces are extremely flat.
Newest example:

In real-life, road surfaces are almost always slightly raised in the middle, so that rainwater wouldn't accumulate in the center of the road, but would flow to the drains at the curbs.

A good video game example of this are the streets of Liberty City in GTA IV:

I know it's probably impossibly hard to fix now after all these years, but I just had to mention this old nitpick of mine.

Vinnie Terranova

#3648 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 17 Jan 2021 10:54

The problem with a raised middle of the road is that the truck you are driving will be tilted to the right. And that's not how I want to drive my truck. So I'm really happy with those flat roads.

xXCARL1992Xx

#3649 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Jan 2021 10:55

for this you have a suspension, the slop is so small your suspension will negate it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Reinhard

#3650 Post by Reinhard » 17 Jan 2021 11:10

I'd also want such roads, and a few (modest) ruts. But I guess this is not so easy. Problem would be the interconnection of different road types, and of course the connection to prefabs. That would afford of a smooth, dynamic transition.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”