Wishlists Megathread

Rabbit

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#1711 Post by Rabbit » 20 Aug 2017 01:00

My suggestion is one that sounds easy to do, but probably isn't.

As any of you that have the Heavy Haul LDC for ATS know, we can now add the flags and banners to our trucks for hauling O/S loads. I'd like to see SCS add a keystroke command in-game that hides/displays those flags/banners for when we aren't hauling O/S cargo.

Allow me to use my last run in game for example:

First load was a container crane from Kingston to Halifax: Oversize so I ran with my flags and placard
Second load/backhaul was a load of vegetables in a reefer trailer: Not oversized so in reality I wouldn't run with flags, but I had to in game.

I'd like the ability to take the flags off my truck without having to keep going to the shop and selling/buying them with every load. If SCS could add a keystroke that would hide them, then we could pull heavy haul cargo and normal cargo without our trucks looking silly, if anyone understands me.....
[ external image ]
PBG-Logistics IS NOW HIRING.........APPLY NOW AT https://discord.gg/KWawhTg597
Frontiersman

#1712 Post by Frontiersman » 20 Aug 2017 01:51

Heck yes Rabbit!!! I agree!
Ilmiont

#1713 Post by Ilmiont » 20 Aug 2017 09:48

Rabbit wrote: 20 Aug 2017 01:00 My suggestion is one that sounds easy to do, but probably isn't.

As any of you that have the Heavy Haul LDC for ATS know, we can now add the flags and banners to our trucks for hauling O/S loads. I'd like to see SCS add a keystroke command in-game that hides/displays those flags/banners for when we aren't hauling O/S cargo.

Allow me to use my last run in game for example:

First load was a container crane from Kingston to Halifax: Oversize so I ran with my flags and placard
Second load/backhaul was a load of vegetables in a reefer trailer: Not oversized so in reality I wouldn't run with flags, but I had to in game.

I'd like the ability to take the flags off my truck without having to keep going to the shop and selling/buying them with every load. If SCS could add a keystroke that would hide them, then we could pull heavy haul cargo and normal cargo without our trucks looking silly, if anyone understands me.....
SCS mentioned this idea in their AMA on /r/trucksim a few weeks back. If I remember correctly, the gist of it was they thought about it, but it proved to be difficult to implement when only a few people looking for ultra realism (me included!) will really appreciate it. But certainly, they're aware of it, and maybe we'll see some more flexibility around simple upgrades without going to the shop in the future.
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
Bandit & The Snowman

#1714 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 20 Aug 2017 10:04

Loutis

#1715 Post by Loutis » 21 Aug 2017 14:23

Ilmiont

Actually, AMA on Reddit was months ago. Now that you mention it, I suppose I should do another one when I get the time for it (I usually let it run for few days so people exhaust all the questions and follow-ups). I am thinking of mid-October or something close to it. Oh well, frankly speaking, once European Truck Championship ends since I am attending those races with our simulator trailer.
"I'm not trying to be anyone's savior. I'm just trying to think about the future and not be sad."
Elon Musk

Tesla & SpaceX fanboy. Carefully optimistic about Mars colonisation.
Rabbit

#1716 Post by Rabbit » 21 Aug 2017 17:38

Loutis, what are the chances of seeing the hideable flags? Just curious
[ external image ]
PBG-Logistics IS NOW HIRING.........APPLY NOW AT https://discord.gg/KWawhTg597
drbky

#1717 Post by drbky » 21 Aug 2017 19:56

I have a simple request i'd like to see more truck skins for the t680..The ones we have are umm bad ..lol
Ilmiont

#1718 Post by Ilmiont » 22 Aug 2017 09:50

Loutis wrote: 21 Aug 2017 14:23 Ilmiont

Actually, AMA on Reddit was months ago. Now that you mention it, I suppose I should do another one when I get the time for it (I usually let it run for few days so people exhaust all the questions and follow-ups). I am thinking of mid-October or something close to it. Oh well, frankly speaking, once European Truck Championship ends since I am attending those races with our simulator trailer.
Hehe I like how you dispute my stated timing for the AMA, and not its contents :D

Well, how time flies, though to be fair I didn't read it until quite a while after it ended. Another one would be good!
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
JimKeyz Black

Make the game more realistic than it is right now

#1719 Post by JimKeyz Black » 31 Aug 2017 09:08

@American Truck Simulator
Am a fun of both Eurotruck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.
I spend hours at times even days just playing these 2 games. I have found great comfort, fun and delight in the game
Just a few suggestions for future updates:
1. Make it possible for players to meet with other trucks we have bought and own, either as they transport their cargo or as they return back to the garage. And they should be in the paint abd configurations I have put them.
2. When I hit something like a barrier or a vehicle, let the damage be physically visible on the outside of the truck and also the vehicle I have hit.
3. Is not logical that I can drive for miles even on dust roads and the truck doesnt get dirty. Make more reality that the truck gets dirty at least twice in a week. And as a result, create car washes along the road and gasoline stations where one can go and get his truck cleaned for a fee.
4. Also as I go to a deport to collect a cargo to deliver, its more real if I can meet with other trucks in the same collection area, either delivering a load or also going to collect cargo for transportation.
5. When it stops raining the water and reflection on the road dries pretty fast which is not a real life situation, if the roads could be wet for a longer time that its set in the game, it brings a sense of a real life situation.
6. Create more weathers apart from rain and sun. Incorporate snow in some areas, days where its mostly cloudy with little or no sun in some countries. Also create roads with no tarmac especially when delivering tractors to large farms, where when it rains those roads get muddy with patches of stagnant water on the roads
7. Also when you overspeed, I would love if the cops can pull you over and give you a ticket, or if the police are on the other lane, they inform the next patrol cops in the direction you are headinv and you get pulled over and given a ticket. Like they stop your truck literally and give you a ticket which is deducted from your cash.

This are just but a few suggestions which I think if incorporated in the game it brings a sense of a real life driving experience. I hope you consider some if not all of these suggestions in your future updates.
All in all, continue the good work. This game is pretty impressive and addictive and am humbled to be part of the millions of guys enjoying this games.

Am from Kenya and guys in Kenya love American Truck Simulator game.
Thanks.
Last edited by Reef on 31 Aug 2017 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged into existing topic
Blackspots

#1720 Post by Blackspots » 02 Sep 2017 00:51

@JimKeyz Black:. SCS is not EA. If you want a game like that, you should play something like GTA.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”