Wishlists Megathread

flight50

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4131 Post by flight50 » 25 Oct 2021 13:28

^Agreed. It does look awkward. But so does the 8x4 with the pogo stick not being pushed back to the lift axle area. One day, hopefully these things get addressed. The vehicle team is under so much demand though. Only thing we can do is wait.
GT182

#4132 Post by GT182 » 25 Oct 2021 15:09

George, most under passes east of the Mississippi are posted at 13' 6" for highways that are not Interstate, so the cattle trailer should be no higher than 13" 4". When I was hauling cars and trucks our maximum height for the highest part of the load was 13' 4"s. And 2 inches is very close. Out west of the Mississippi River in the US overpasses are usually higher than 14 or 15' for Interstate highways. Other roadways maybe 14', but I was mostly always was on an Interstate highway out there.

Up in Rouses Point, NY we had an underpass on Rt 11 posted as 12' 9''s. But in reality, as we measured the height, it was actually 13' 6"s. So not all posted heights are the actual height. And I've seen others the same way. A few even posted lower than the actual height in other areas due to repaving of the road and the State not bothering to change the sign. :o

Sobes, that sign must be only for Cabbage Hill in Oregon. I've never seen another like it anywhere. Many downgrades are posted Steep Hill-Trucks Use Lower Gear. The Grapevine in California on I-5 use to have a pull off for all trucks loaded to Pull In And Stop before going down, but that was back in the 80s when I was out there. And Max Speed posted as 40mph going down.... both ways.

What we don't see in ATS is signs for going uphill saying Trucks Under 40mph Use Flashers. That one is common all States across the US.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Trucker_71

#4133 Post by Trucker_71 » 25 Oct 2021 16:29

@GT182 (not all posted heights are the actual height.)
I once had a load into Long Is. City in NY, I found a lot of overpasses & tunnels that were marked as less than 13 feet. It was a bit of a nightmare but I watched oncoming trucks and they were clearing I think I was on the 278 between Brooklyn and Queens, so I kept going even though signs were saying trucks must exit. At one point I came across a huge yellow sign with flashing lights that said trucks must exit, I think they meant it. I took the ramp expecting to get back on the freeway but ended up in the city, I think Brooklyn and stopped at a light at a subway over pass, It had to be like 13.7, I was going to drop air bags but I just made it as a cop watched from across the intersection. I hate New York! :lol:
supersobes
Global moderator

#4134 Post by supersobes » 25 Oct 2021 17:06

According federal signing standards, "The actual clearance should be displayed on the Low Clearance sign to the nearest 1 inch not exceeding the actual clearance. However, in areas that experience changes in temperature causing frost action, a reduction, not exceeding 3 inches, should be used for this condition. Clearances should be evaluated periodically, particularly when resurfacing operations have occurred." I have no doubt that there are probably lots of signs out there that don't conform to this, but it's worth noting that those signs are incorrect according to federal standards.
GT182

#4135 Post by GT182 » 25 Oct 2021 22:27

Yeah I know what you mean George. I hate NYC myself. I almost quit Anchor as I was the last guy for dispatch one time.... those behind me were laid off. I was handed the last load on that days board to pick from. Either I took the load or it was a voluntary quit if I refused. So I did what I had to took and took the load for NYC. A 5 way split all over the city with 8 cars. And I went back a few more times just for the sights you'd never believe seeing on the street corners. :o I can't say what they were here on the forums.... I'd get kicked off. :roll: :lol:

Sobes, yeah that is a problem. I wonder if it's all still that way these days across the US. Tho I still see trucks of all kinds trying to get thru low underpasses around here that don't make it. There's even a covered bridge up near the PA state line in Delaware that is 11' 3"s delivery trucks destroy every couple of years. They just got it all back together last week and reopened it..... again. Also one of the outfits that hauls classic cars destroyed a load of them just off I-95 up in Wilmington, DE back in 2018. The owner of all the cars was not happy at all.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
GT182

#4136 Post by GT182 » 29 Oct 2021 01:47

I just tried the ETS2 Demo and found that the windows at night in the trucks are not blacked out like they are in ATS. What's up with that? Night vision in Europe is the same as it is in the US. So why can't we have the same vision at night in ATS thru all the windows as they do in ETS2? Please fix ATS.

You guys that own ETS2 and ATS, and play both must see it too.
Grizzly

#4137 Post by Grizzly » 29 Oct 2021 05:51

It's just the same?
Seaking

#4138 Post by Seaking » 30 Oct 2021 14:17

I was just thinking, what about an additional paint layer for trucks and owned trailer? A layer where we can add automated "stickers" to the truck, like the company name and logo we chose in our profile, those could be adjustable in position and size as well as texts need to be able to change fonts and colour. Maybe a generic DOT sticker with our in game player number or something.
Trucker_71

#4139 Post by Trucker_71 » 30 Oct 2021 16:19

GT182 wrote: 29 Oct 2021 01:47 I just tried the ETS2 Demo and found that the windows at night in the trucks are not blacked out like they are in ATS.
The demo might be an older version.
flight50

#4140 Post by flight50 » 30 Oct 2021 16:44

Seaking wrote: 30 Oct 2021 14:17 I was just thinking, what about an additional paint layer for trucks and owned trailer? A layer where we can add automated "stickers" to the truck, like the company name and logo we chose in our profile, those could be adjustable in position and size as well as texts need to be able to change fonts and colour. Maybe a generic DOT sticker with our in game player number or something.
I've mentioned a livery system a few times. Something like Forza on Xbox would be great. Even if it was a dlc. A livery system is a ton of work so get paid for it.

This level of custimzation would be nice though. Big innovation there. Not everyone can skin.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”