Wishlists Megathread

TruckSim_dude

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#1691 Post by TruckSim_dude » 30 Jun 2017 00:17

To be completely honest, make the map editor more user-friendly. I know that the map editor is supposed to be used for you folks at SCS who have already received training to use the program, but map modding is something many have wanted, tried, and failed to due to the sheer complexity of everything involved in the process, from simply building a map to saving the file. I myself have attempted it, and know that map editing is very hard for beginners to break into and learn; this can be attributed to the lack of map mods. And honestly, if you create a more user-friendly map editor, I think that map production will speed up significantly.
Axel Slingerland

#1692 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Jun 2017 01:03

kitt94 wrote: 29 Jun 2017 23:54 Rests as they were in good ol' 18 WoS series - whenever I want, even on the side of the road.
You can do something similar to that... Just disable the Fatigue Simulator, enable the Developers Console and use the g_set_time # command to advance time however long you want to rest instead of a set 9 hours every time. I always use g_set_time 5 (5:00 AM) and run that at about 10:00 PM. You can even do that while driving, if you are on a nice strait stretch of road and you have time to hit all the keys.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
xXCARL1992Xx

#1693 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 Jun 2017 15:35

kitt94 wrote: 29 Jun 2017 23:54 Rests as they were in good ol' 18 WoS series - whenever I want, even on the side of the road. It could be followed by penalty fines of course. Looking for rest stops with heavy cargo is frustrating. I spent 10 mins. trying to place my truck to get that "press Enter" alert, unsuccesfully. Or just possibility to stop the truck wherever on the truck stop.
detach the trailer somewhere save and rest like they do it in RL, you cant park everywhere you want
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Axel Slingerland

#1694 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Jun 2017 19:09

IRL, sometimes you can just park on the street in some areas. Here in Eureka, California for example, you can park trucks with no trailers on many city back streets, even in residential areas, and trucks with trailers on just about any street industrial areas. Even doubles... UPS parks dozens of trailers a block away from their yard.
[ external image ]

Eduard_Kenobi

#1695 Post by Eduard_Kenobi » 01 Jul 2017 22:12

I want on Christmas in the game thiiiiiis please:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ymPWY6Jrw
Enjoyingorc6742

#1696 Post by Enjoyingorc6742 » 03 Jul 2017 08:13

since you guys have things going on with both Mercedes and Volvo, would there be a higher chance of seeing those in ATS? I want to race trailers that we can haul around. both the new school race trailer and the old school sticking it on the flatbed style (specifically Stage 2 monster trucks for the latter)
Axel Slingerland

#1697 Post by Axel Slingerland » 03 Jul 2017 08:41

It all depends on the specifics of their licenses. Maybe so, maybe no...
[ external image ]

kitt94

#1698 Post by kitt94 » 03 Jul 2017 12:08

Axel Slingerland wrote: 30 Jun 2017 01:03
kitt94 wrote: 29 Jun 2017 23:54 Rests as they were in good ol' 18 WoS series - whenever I want, even on the side of the road.
You can do something similar to that... Just disable the Fatigue Simulator, enable the Developers Console and use the g_set_time # command to advance time however long you want to rest instead of a set 9 hours every time. I always use g_set_time 5 (5:00 AM) and run that at about 10:00 PM. You can even do that while driving, if you are on a nice strait stretch of road and you have time to hit all the keys.
I think I will try it.
CARL1992 wrote: 30 Jun 2017 15:35 you cant park everywhere you want
Oh yes, You can. Even in the middle of the road. But expect the consequences, and this is what I wrote about in my first post in this thread.
Fizziii

Personal wishlist for ATS

#1699 Post by Fizziii » 06 Jul 2017 21:12

Some of these I've seen mentioned before, other's I haven't, even when I try searching:

1) Drivers that don't just go out and back. It'd be nice to have drivers that can take multiple cities in a single trip. Maybe if they go out and can't find a job coming back, they can pick up a job coming halfway back and then look for a third job for the other half of the return trip. Maybe drivers that live on the road and aren't concerned about returning home too often. Maybe they go out for 2-3 weeks at a time, and come back and take a week off.
2) More Trucks (Been recommended to death on the forums, will say no more)
3) Real weather (again, been recommended)
4) Real Dates and associated phenomenon. This would include things such as shorter days in the winter, changing where the sun rises/sets throughout the year, and possibly moon phases. (Granted, this may require the ability to skip time as I'm not sure people would want to spend HOURS driving in winter. I'm up to level 30 with 76 hours of game play and I'm still on the first half of the year.)
5) Ability to park on on-ramps and off-ramps. Again, been recommended plenty. I like the rest stops, but sometimes you just need to travel a bit further in the day and you know you can't make it to the next rest stop. I can usually work around this, but emergency parking options would be nice.
6) Ability to stop for coffee or a meal. Something to kill a couple of hours so you can be In-Time instead of early without just sitting there idling or randomly driving around.
BadKarma52

GPS

#1700 Post by BadKarma52 » 18 Jul 2017 01:42

I wish that the GPS Navigation in this game would have a voice telling us when, where and what we are close too or turning time.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”