Wishlists Megathread

GT182

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4101 Post by GT182 » 07 Oct 2021 02:07

@55sixxx, I've asked about repairs and upgrades to be done in our own garages. I did find one garage in a previous version of C2C where you could get get both. Look in the Carolinas, Georgia, or Tennessee and you might find it. But since having problems with my ATS the only map mod I'm using is Montana.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Juli On Tour

#4102 Post by Juli On Tour » 09 Oct 2021 06:52

55sixxx wrote: 04 Oct 2021 01:48 How about having open service shops ??? It's about time we finally have them in-game, just stopping outside of the warehouse and hitting enter to repair makes us feels like it's an 18WoS game.

Example: You place your truck in a dock, hit enter, a timer appears on screen (Just like when you load up your ownable trailer) as the workers fix your truck and then you're good to go.
Yes, the open workshops would be an advantage. You could also add it to ETS2. In ATS, you could then drive into a garage, like your own garages, and have the truck repaired. You no longer have to park the truck in front of the gates of the repair shops. That would give the whole thing a little more realism.
Last edited by supersobes on 09 Oct 2021 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed images from quote [Forum rule 2.3]
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
rookie31st

#4103 Post by rookie31st » 09 Oct 2021 22:13

That's actually funny that we can drive into garages that look like repair shops and cannot repair trucks but actual repair shops have no accessible interior.
:p
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
yukonjack_ak

#4104 Post by yukonjack_ak » 10 Oct 2021 00:04

rookie31st wrote: 04 Oct 2021 12:20 55sixxx, they STILL didn't add a simple (and obviously needed) time skip to repair/service and you ask for an accessible service area? Come back in 2028 to check status.
You would think this would be easy to do even within the confines of the existing engine. We already have "trigger actions" defined in game (moving violations, weigh stations, border crossings, etc) it would go miles for realism's sake if there was a time assigned to each trigger action.

Examples:
Police Fine = 30 minutes
Traffic Accident = 60 minutes
Border Crossing = 30 minutes
Weigh Station = 15 minutes
Hazardous or Oversize Cargo at Weigh Station = 30 minutes (to simulate your permits being reviewed)
Overweight or Damaged at Weigh Station = 60 minutes
Refueling = 15 minutes
Truck Repair = 12 hours (*It'd be awesome if repair time was dependent on what you were doing but that'd be a complete rewrite of each and every accessory to assign an installation time but it could be done for example an engine swap takes 48 hours, but new mudflaps take 1 hour)

I've looked and played around for hours with every new update but I can't figure out a way to associate a time with a "trigger action". I'm sure there's a way SCS can do it though...

Having time be a commodity in-game would actually make you watch the clock and drive safely to make your delivery on time. As it is, time has no meaning other than for fatigue and even if I go hundreds of miles out of the way, there's more than enough time to make the delivery on time.

Speaking of that, it'd be REALLY awesome if delivery's had a timeframe to hit too (example: 6pm-8pm) to simulate appointments but that should be an option for only the hardcore folks.
My ATS Steam Workshop
- Western Star 4900FA Patch
- Mack Anthem Bull Bars
- Cascadia Sunvisor Fix
- Sweet Bran skin for SCS Grain Hopper
Underscore_101_

#4105 Post by Underscore_101_ » 10 Oct 2021 04:45

That looks a bit like over doing it, you'd have to specify a few things, which make it a lot harder to implement, for example a fine from a speed camera, or red light camera shouldn't take any time.
Last time i was "caught" by the police for going over a white line it took less than 10 minutes (and didn't get a fine :-)
Fines for minor crashes are absurd anyway, at least where i live most of the time they are insurance issues with no police involved and don't take up an hour, at best 30 minutes.
Damage at weigh stations only when it's something that needs to get fixes right away, and how are you going to fix an illegal trailer,..
flight50

#4106 Post by flight50 » 10 Oct 2021 05:49

^Considering time flies by in the game, Yukonjack isnt too far off actually. I'm not sure if speed cameras and redlight camers are even in ATS at the moment. Less than 20 states run speed cameras though.

We can't treat fine time like real time because time is scaled.
Vinnie Terranova

#4107 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 10 Oct 2021 07:30

yukonjack_ak wrote: 10 Oct 2021 00:04Speaking of that, it'd be REALLY awesome if delivery's had a timeframe to hit too (example: 6pm-8pm) to simulate appointments
I think this is already in the game?
Digital X

#4108 Post by Digital X » 10 Oct 2021 07:39

It is in both games, been there as long as I can remember.

Check the bottom right. https://i.imgur.com/aw9WlxN.jpg
Some newbie driver

#4109 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Oct 2021 08:45

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 10 Oct 2021 07:30I think this is already in the game?
No, the game suggest a time frame but doesn't enforce it. You can arrive lots of hours before that suggestion and deliver the cargo anyways.
Vinnie Terranova

#4110 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 10 Oct 2021 08:57

As far as I understand you get more XP if you deliver in that specific timeframe?

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”