Wishlists Megathread

hyperlink

[External Contracts/Market] Speed Limit

#4051 Post by hyperlink » 11 Sep 2021 06:56

GT182 wrote: 11 Sep 2021 00:11 @hyperlink, that's the reason I won't run WOT specials.... the speed limit is 65 and they won't raise it.
Could you (or someone) please explain why currently it's 65 mph?
And what's a matter not to raise it to 70 mph? :?
flight50

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4052 Post by flight50 » 11 Sep 2021 14:55

@hyperlink That's on the developer. That's just what they set it to. I may not be 100% correct but if I recall correctly, its set that to make both games uniform. I think I remember that being the highed speed that is common for both countries so to be fair, they set it to that for WoT. Many of us wish it was removed. There could also be another reason though in which I'm sure someone will mention it.
55sixxx

#4053 Post by 55sixxx » 11 Sep 2021 15:01

The reason basically is that everybody will be capped in the same speed so that players with better trucks don't have an edge over players with low spec trucks. No more than that. But i hope and pray that this limit will be increased to 80 in ATS when Texas releases... Because driving at 65 on mostly straight roads where the limit is 80 is annoying.

Having the limit set to 90km/h in ETS2 makes sense because trucks can't go past it (Except if you bypass the factory limiter the manufacturers put in)... But in ATS the limiter as it is now does not makes sense at all.
flight50

#4054 Post by flight50 » 11 Sep 2021 15:52

Agreed. The limits for WoT should reflect reality, not what SCS thinks. ATS suffers the most from WoT.
PBandJ

#4055 Post by PBandJ » 11 Sep 2021 20:01

Here in Ohio the speed limit is generally 70 mph on interstates. I drive I-71, I-75, I-77 and occasionally I-90 and by far the vast majority of trucks are running 65 or just under. We took a medical trip to Boston about a month ago and was surprised that even on the turnpike a lot of them still ran this way. Not all, but my far the majority did. I am assuming fuel mileage plays a big part also to run that speed. Not sure if a lot of companies govern their trucks down or not. Seems like more and more are doing everything they possibly can to squeeze out the most mpg possible to cut their costs. Googling finds lots of information on fuel savings by running 65 or below, can be any where from 7% to 14% savings. That is a big difference when you are talking fleet operations....:) Looks like more and more companies are using software to monitor driving habits of their drivers. As always, the government is looking for ways to cut emissions and fuel usage down, so maybe mandated a lot in next few years. Unfortunately in real life it isn't as easy to make money in trucking as it is in ATS or ETS2.....:)
GT182

#4056 Post by GT182 » 11 Sep 2021 20:04

I agree 100% with 55sixxx. Tho I don't think it's anything to do with how good your truck is. The only way WOT speed limits might be raised or uncapped is by everyone asking nicely for ATS to do it. That's all we can do, as no mod will ever do it for us.

It's just SCS' way of holding everyone back on speed so those running ATS WOT are all equal to ETS2 WOT as Flight 50 says. ATS has nothing to do with ETS2. They only do the same thing... deliver goods. Our speed limits and theirs are totally different and have nothing to do with each other. After all they are different countries in separate parts of the world. I'm not interested in driving all over Europe. Which is the reason I don't run ETS2.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
supersobes
Global moderator

#4057 Post by supersobes » 12 Sep 2021 01:24

I also think SCS should make it so that speed limiter mods can still be used during World of Trucks loads. I made myself a mod that lowers the limited speed from 65 MPH to 63 MPH. But if I take a WoTr load with the mod active, the WoTr speed limit overrides the mod and I can do 65 MPH again. So basically my mod is worthless to me because I only ever do WoTr loads. I'd imagine it would be the same way if someone was running a mod that sets the limiter above 65 MPH.
SmokeyWolf

#4058 Post by SmokeyWolf » 12 Sep 2021 08:03

@55sixxx specs have no effect on top speed. All truck specs can run at least 75. The highest I got a low spec truck up to was like 90 mph.
trommelmann

#4059 Post by trommelmann » 14 Sep 2021 22:13

Ok, I want to hear a preview of how an engine would sound in my truck before buy it.
-tEPIC 1:1 map mod
EurocopterX3

#4060 Post by EurocopterX3 » 15 Sep 2021 11:21

Well, I believe World of Trucks might have the speed governor enabled to reflect how some of the larger fleets in the United States have their trucks' speed governed. If I am remembering this correctly, and please do correct me if I am wrong, one of the end goals of World of Trucks is VTCs and this comes back to my point that the speed governor being enabled could be a result of SCS reflecting how most large fleets operate in the United States. There is also the possibility that SCS may or may not be aware of the proposed legislation which would make the mandatory governed speed limit of trucks to be anywhere between 60 and 68 MPH.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”