Wishlists Megathread

Lexx

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#1781 Post by Lexx » 08 Jan 2018 10:49

flight50 wrote: 04 Jan 2018 14:44 @Lexx. Are you using a traffic mod? If you are, change the speed limit. If you are not, get one and increase the speed limit. I like the slow traffic personally. It exist in real life. I always encounter that grandpa/grandma in any lane on all roads I drive daily. Sometimes I am that grandpa, lol. Granny driving is how road rage strikes here the most, lol. 40mph is the min. on most highways I have been on if they post it. Otherwise the sign will state the minimum.

In ATS, I only experience 40mph or slower on steeper grades. A lot in California. I love it. I have a mega shifter and I can really work the gears. Adds complete immersion for me. I also run Cipinho's traffic mod in which he defines slow traffic. Only thing I changed in his mod is the number of total cars to SCS's default of 50. His spawn rates are great as I do get held up more realistically than SCS's default settings.
I have traffic mods (JazzyCat's) but they only add vehicles. They don't have the definition files to determine max speed limits, so I'm guessing their speed limits are controlled by the game.
2 days ago I saw my "favorite" on the small roads: a 55 mph limited truck went in the opposite lane trying to overtake another 55 mph limited truck. That was very "fun" to watch - cuz neither one of the AI trucks in front of me would slow down to let the other one complete the overtaking.

The slowest speed I have had on a steep hill was 20 mph with my devil's truck mod and 42 tons behind me, distributed in 3 trailers. :) I wouldn't dare think how slow I would have gone, if I didn't have that mod of mine. I wouldn't be surprised if the truck would slide back down in the direction I was coming from... :lol:
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64
dreamcatcher

#1782 Post by dreamcatcher » 11 Jan 2018 03:27

I wish me Headache Racks and Windshield Stickers on the side windows.
Maybe this helps a little bit..http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/windshield-stickers/
MazTrucker

#1783 Post by MazTrucker » 11 Jan 2018 09:36

I wish I wouldn't need to go to the garage to remove or put back oversize things (flags and such) on my truck.
I wish that once I bought these, I wouldn't need to buy it again... because it's something you should be able to remove or put back easily yourself IRL. Also it could be stored in the truck itself when you're not using it. It's not like painting or engines and such, it's just small movable items.
I wish I'd be able to walk around my truck, so it would be more immersive to do things.
flight50

#1784 Post by flight50 » 11 Jan 2018 18:27

@MazTrucker. One of the reason why I have never bothered to purchase one. I do however have the beacons on the roof. I can turn those off and on at will. I only use them on heavy haul. I would love to be able to use it on ST if ATS ever gets it.
cityboi1988

#1785 Post by cityboi1988 » 12 Jan 2018 11:08

I know this is a really big thing for most but for me it is...

Im a schoolbus fan an the generic Bluebird Vision thats in the game I would like to see it replaced with a more accurate model... turbo squid & CG trader have several models that would look good in game

Thomas C2
IC CE
Blue Bird Vision
Thomas EFX
Thomas minitour

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
bobgrey1997

#1786 Post by bobgrey1997 » 13 Jan 2018 00:22

cityboi1988 wrote: 12 Jan 2018 11:08 Im a schoolbus fan an the generic Bluebird Vision thats in the game I would like to see it replaced with a more accurate model...
I do hope something can be done with this.
I am working on a map/overhaul mod that will include different vehicles for each city such as police, fire, and even busses for each school district!
Having multiple models of busses in the game would make this easier for me! :D
HellHound

#1787 Post by HellHound » 14 Jan 2018 21:23

So as a professional driver and Tow Operator. I've spent many hours in American Truck Simulator, and 18 Wheels of Steel American long haul. And have been hoping for afew features new and old to be added or added back to the game.

1. Would love to see you guy's put back Buyable trailers along with trailer customization. That way if you want to run reefer, low boy, 24fter, 53, 55 footers, or the big bad boy 55L for heavy hauls you can souly apply your experience to that area or if you wanted to run different to own multiple trailers you can as long as you got enough room in you lot. Also having a new upgrade to your garage for a parking lot to park no more than five trailers. As well as upgradable options to them, lights, markers, signs, led or bulb, color etch..... I'm sure you'd see the trailer skins explode on the workshop for owned trailers.

2. New feature. Would love to see an Aware Trucker AI. And what i mean by this is. Let's say I'm gonna over take a slower tractor from the slow lane. I can't really tell if my trailer is clear. AI driver recognizes it sense my trailer is clear and (Daytime) flashes his head lights to let me know I'm clear. (Night Time) Flashed brights. Let's say I'm moving slow a faster driver wants to overtake me, I fash my headlights/Brights to let him know he is clear Driver moves over into the lane and gives me a friendly hazard light flash to say thanks.

These 2 little features would be really killer and give the player many options on load types specific to the type of company He/She wants to run. As well as immersion on the road that makes driving a truck so damn great. I hope you think about this. I'm sure the community is now.
NTMID8_Z28

#1788 Post by NTMID8_Z28 » 15 Jan 2018 16:26

Would be awesome to see towing and recovery operations in the game, but that would require a huge endeavor, I'm sure.
HellHound

#1789 Post by HellHound » 15 Jan 2018 17:40

That would be pretty cool as well, but thats more towards of making a mod for it. If that happened loads could be for local, state police along with companies. Maybe the load pickups could varie from parking lots to side of highways / roads as well as company to company hauls.Even inspection station shut downs and needing tow back to a company.
Last edited by ohaha on 15 Jan 2018 17:57, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Don't quote entire messages. Don't quote preceding message.
ToreDL87

#1790 Post by ToreDL87 » 17 Jan 2018 05:02

Many of us having upgraded to ffb wheels, have at least a few gamepad`s laying around.

With that said, it would be pretty cool to be able to assign gamepad to gear grinds in ATS/ETS?

My (lacking) logic is this: If the above feature could be implemented, savvy people could disassemble the gamepad, fasten the rumble motors to the gearstick.
Solder in long wires, put gamepad PCB somewhere safe, connect gamepad PCB to USB on PC as normal.
Start ATS, Options, Controls, assign said gamepad to gear grind rumble option :)
I realize that real gear grinds = You cant even force it into gear, if anything you`ll break the stick, have tried on both synchronized and non-synchronized transmissions.
But it takes expensive magnet shifters for simulating this, and are sold to training facilities only (Have asked around).
To top it off, gamepads are plentiful and cheap, so could even open up a small market for someone willing and able to incorporate rumble motors to 3d printed shift knob adapters.
Worthwhile?

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”