Wishlists Megathread

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4231 Post by supersobes » 12 Dec 2021 17:32

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 12 Dec 2021 16:20 but normally it shouldnt exceed the temperature range (wich varies from engine to engine and how the system is build) if everything is in mint condition, the car (and trucks) regulate itself, if the cooling fluid gets to hot and the air is not enough to get the heat away then the fans will kick in wich is normal when you are standing still
I think it can also vary some based on the engine load and ambient temperature. For example, there is this warning on Interstate 5 in California before climbing Grapevine because vehicles would often overheat on hot days under the engine load of trying to climb the hill:

[ external image ]

LB71490 wrote: 12 Dec 2021 17:20 @supersobes 20 to 215 is normal for the newer trucks to run at.
That's probably the case in real-life. But for the in-game trucks, no matter the make or model, they all seem to run between 185 degrees Fahrenheit and 195 degrees Fahrenheit under normal loads when the engine is in good working order (not damaged).

For my car IRL (GMC Sierra), normal operating temperature is 210 Fahrenheit.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4232 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Dec 2021 18:13

thats because an AC adds additional load on the engine to the normal engine load that exists when you are driving, if it is on because the compressor is running and this needs lot of energy, wich in turn means the engine has to work harder to get the refrigerant compressed again in the AC compressor to cool the interior, if the AC itself is not one the engine wouldnt overheat itself if it is not damaged in any way

like i said, the engine itself shouldnt run out of specified temperature range if everything is ok, it can run pretty stable but it also can have tolerances that it is moving in a certain range, i noticed it on the Cascadia ingame that the water temp is always fluctuating in the higher 80°C range when driving
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
SmokeyWolf

#4233 Post by SmokeyWolf » 13 Dec 2021 12:14

@supersobes Might be based off of a 200 degree thermostat which is perfectly fine. I prefer 185 thermostats myself.
PBandJ

#4234 Post by PBandJ » 24 Dec 2021 19:35

Requested a reset of the functions at railroad crossings. They should be bells and lights, then crossing arms, then full blockage of road. Twice today alone I was crossing over railroad tracks and ran into invisible walls, then heard the bells come on. The impact pushed the truck back so that the arms cleared when they came down. The way the game is set right now is backwards IMO. Both times there was no warning of any kind prior to hitting the invisible walls.
Laqueesha

#4235 Post by Laqueesha » 25 Dec 2021 04:33

Ability to adjust the RGB values in options, like how can be done in photo mode.

Transporting nuclear material/nuclear weapons in special transport cargo.
Last edited by Laqueesha on 27 Dec 2021 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
TexasWhirlwind

#4236 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 26 Dec 2021 15:29

Put mudflaps on the game cow trailer..
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
Laqueesha

#4237 Post by Laqueesha » 28 Dec 2021 10:32

An overcast skybox for grey skies; perfect for the PNW (WA, OR). Seems the only states are either heavy rain or extremely sunny.
Trucker_71

#4238 Post by Trucker_71 » 30 Dec 2021 16:04

I wish... that SCS would stop announcing DLC's until no longer than a month before release! This announcing something a year or more from release date is just a large steaming pile of bovine manure! :roll: :cry:
Underscore_101_

#4239 Post by Underscore_101_ » 30 Dec 2021 16:12

Gets lots of people hyped though, but not people like me that only really want one thing, a base map update to at least current standards or better before they release new maps, but i've decided not to bring that up anymore.
Edit after previous edit: didn't realize this was the ATS section, forget about base map updates.

Right now i just hope to win the new years lottery and buy SCS software :-)

edit: forgot to mention trailer brands dlc, like Great Dane and Wabash for ATS
flight50

#4240 Post by flight50 » 30 Dec 2021 16:26

The problem with waiting til the last minute is the lack of promoting the dlc. Definitely hurts ATS with its much smaller fan base. The earlier they mention it, allows the wishlist to be placed on Steam as reminder that you want something. The more attention on Steam, the better for ATS. The second part is progress. Tons of people want to see progress and status on what they are about to pay money for. People want to know what's going on and read about what's coming. Going into a dlc bind for the unknown isn't on everyone's mind. For those that don't want to read, you guys can choose not to read the blogs but what about the people that do want progress? A lot of people want to be updated on progress at every stage. Map blogs are not for everyone though but it does bring excitement.

The last big thing, and this goes back to Wyoming. Blogs are a form of feedback. Had it not been for blogs, we wouldn't have YS nor US-14 coming. Once people noticed they were not in, it created a negative buzz. Blog comments and discussions about blogs can give the devs feedback before something even releases. I remember there was one dlc, I think it was Utah or Colorado...when a row of pine trees didn't match the real life scene in the median of a road. That blog allowed that detail to be corrected before it released. So there are benefits to not waiting til the last minute. If anything is going to be last minute, it needs to be free stuff. Like trucks. They are free and don't effecting awareness for a paid dlc. Base map updates. We already paid for the game so they are free when we get updates. Those can wait til the last minute. Old paid dlc's like tires or tuning packs getting updated. But something new should be mentioned before hand to put it on people's mind that new content is coming, old content, doesn't matter if they delay.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”