Wishlists Megathread

FataLity-

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4191 Post by FataLity- » 26 Nov 2021 00:36

Meh ...
Anyway in my opinion they should improve Navigation System (GPS). Sometimes it's really hard to understand where to go, and when there are so much directions (overall on exits), it's really easy going in wrong way as the navigation system also treads the unaffected road.

Now, my suggestions was: why not improving this in 1.44?
They should add the possibility to give the human driver the max information drive system, let me explain it.
When there is an exit (whether is on the highways, or whatever crossway / intersection that has many roads), adding an additional measures system who says to the human player step by step (on F5 Map Interface GPS) that for the nearest exit needs "N" miles / km.
Example: My whole travel is "N" KM/miles, and I'm starting drive from km / mile 0, so the hypothetic GPS should should calculate step by step that for example in 3 kilometers I have to turn right, or left, or whereever it is going to bring me, after joined the new intersection (which was this one about 3 miles), now 25 km turn, then for 650 km (probably highway) go straight, kinda real life GPSs.

NOTE*
I know for this there's navigation voice system but for those players who have it disabled since they don't like, would be grateful having a max information system interface on our GPS.
Aussie trucker

#4192 Post by Aussie trucker » 27 Nov 2021 09:55

I would like the ability to add/remove oversize banners/Flags without going to the workshop, once they have been purchased initially.

Perhaps a key binding, or in the menu, or as a pop up when taking oversize jobs
flight50

#4193 Post by flight50 » 27 Nov 2021 13:48

It's crazy how often this request pops up yet its not available yet.
Trucker_71

#4194 Post by Trucker_71 » 27 Nov 2021 19:57

And once more... please fix the cattle trailer.

[ external image ]
Seaking

#4195 Post by Seaking » 28 Nov 2021 08:01

Garages: 1. Keep the rear door closed as long as we are not within 6-8ft from it, it looks ridiculous when the rear door opens as soon as you enter the building.
2. Let us do minor maintanance and repair within the garages, like oil changes etc.
3. Put owned but not used equippment like trailers or truck on pre defined spots on the lot for hazzle free use.
4. Add the company logo and company name we choose in our profile to automatically appear on the garages instead of the generic "Trucking Headquarters".
5. Give us an overall ability to change the appearance of our garage and the lots.

Trucks: 1. What about a "toolbox" in a truck wich contains ownable items that are not neccesarily mounted at all times (flags, banners etc.). The could then be mounted/dismounted within the F4 menu or, depending on the load, even automatically.
2. Some realistic wear and tear that does have an effect und performance of the truck like truck starting heavy or refuses to start when the battery gets too old or reduced engin performance when you haven't changed the intake air filter in a good while up to maybe a slow drain of oil wich will result in engine failure if you don't catch it in time by checking the oil and/or do regular changes. Truck could loose some stability when tyre pressure falls, engine could overheat when coolant levels aren't checked regularly, all sorts of things that are part of daily / regular vehicle care. Could old be very well done in the garages or, in part, even at resting areas.

Map: 1. Activate all gas station that are there. It is somewhat frustating when you pass 3 gas stations where you can't fill her up while trying to stretch the remains in your tank to the next gas station.
2. Create more on spot resting areas, especially on the more remote loading locations. Those could be limited to a single spot and maybe even limited to only one resting period at a time.

GPS: 1. Please mute the music when Betsy is talking to us.
2. Hidden roads aren't hidden anymore once we have dicovered them. Is there a way the GPS could recognize this by showing them in the map as "been there, done that"?

Achievements: 1. Ehm, I do have a problem in keeping track with some achievements. Is there a way that we can add an info as to what we are actually still missing? Like the heavy cargo DLC achievement, I have no clue wich I have transported yet and wich I still miss out on. Just add a little green hook to those we have done in the jobs listing would help. Or the task where you have to pick up loads from every singe shipper in Salt Lake City, I am missing out on one but have no clue wich one that might be. Again, a little symbol on the map for "player has already dropped here" or "player has already loaded here" would help.

I know, some of these have been mentioned before, but, maybe it helps to re-mention them as every drop wears the stone.
Bandit & The Snowman

#4196 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 28 Nov 2021 10:03

I like your suggestions from the first two paragraphs. The effects of truck wear might add to the driving experience directly.
Map: 1. Activate all gas station that are there. It is somewhat frustating when you pass 3 gas stations where you can't fill her up while trying to stretch the remains in your tank to the next gas station.
No, I think that’s pretty realistic. It happens in real life all the time. Many gas stations are not made for trucks, in different ways. Also pre-plan your route, it’s a must for every real life trucker.

Achievements are meant to be a challenge. It’s up to you to keep track of what you’ve fulfilled. At least that’s my attitude; any “helpful” features might spoil it for everyone as the tease to use them would always be there. Use a notepad.
Tristman

#4197 Post by Tristman » 28 Nov 2021 11:35

I agree with everything about the garage and mounting flags/banners on the go. You already notice when the truck is worn that the engine develops issues, but expanding this between different parts could be interesting.
flight50

#4198 Post by flight50 » 28 Nov 2021 13:29

I agree with Bandit & the Snowman. No to all gas stations. Its like that in real life for a reason. I actually have an issue with even regular gas station allowing gas. Its called planning your routes and monitoring your gas tank. Know your truck. Those gas stations should be delivery only for semi's. If SCS ever creates a car/RV dlc, then the regular gas stations are valid to the player. I try to avoid regular gas stations at all cost because they are not realistic.

For the garages, I agree with Seaking. Its the same stuff that's been posted before though. Just means more people want more customization for that person feel. For the trucks, nice ideas and several of those have come up as well. At this point, we don't know the limits that SCS can push trucks with their license agreement. But when games like MudRunner/Snowrunner and maybe even FS can can have certain characteristic of a truck, its not all about the manufacturer don't want this or that. Its about whats in that signed agreement with SCS.
Laqueesha

#4199 Post by Laqueesha » 29 Nov 2021 05:47

LCD billboards on the interstate would be cool; they're somewhat common nowadays.
Trucker_71 wrote: 27 Nov 2021 19:57 And once more... please fix the cattle trailer.
Try reporting it on the bug forum.
Underscore_101_

#4200 Post by Underscore_101_ » 29 Nov 2021 05:53

I doubt SCS considers it a bug, I think it's by choice they made it that way, for whatever reason, maybe they didn't want it to look too similar to the real thing,.. idk, something like that.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”