Wishlists Megathread

Grizzly

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#4151 Post by Grizzly » 01 Nov 2021 04:58

Sounds like a hoot :) I'm wondering if your using a mod that's causing the issue. I can drive at night with the headlights off even in the country where there's no artificial light, it is dark but only what you'd expect. The only time I'd have an issue is turning down an unlit unmarked side street it can be a bit hard to see until you get your lights on it.
Underscore_101_

#4152 Post by Underscore_101_ » 01 Nov 2021 07:02

You can debate all you like about whether it's (too) dark or not, some of your experiences are subjective, maybe just from driving in a different area, or having different monitor settings, but the fact is that on the same latitude the games are more or less equally dark.
As already mentioned earlier the USA is a closer to the equator, and therefor it gets darker earlier and the nights are longer, but overall just like ETS2 it's darker (earlier) in the south than it is in the north.

In ETS2 most roads are lit, certainly at intersections, in ATS this is a lot less, overall cities in ATS are a lot further apart from each other which may also give a different perception.

Wait for Texas to arrive and then right after sunset (when you start seeing your headlights on the road) teleport from the most southern unlit point in Texas to the most northern unlit point in Promods Canada, you'll see a huge difference, but between New Mexico and Washington you should also see quite a difference.
Bandit & The Snowman

#4153 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 01 Nov 2021 10:37

Thanks for pointing this out. That's exactly how I see it.
And we don't even have light pollution (yet). That makes it even less likely to find a pitch black spot in densely populated central Europe. Talk about veritable domes of (dim) light that cancel out all but the brighter stars, not so dim when the sky is full of clouds.
Trucker_71

#4154 Post by Trucker_71 » 01 Nov 2021 13:30

I complained about the difference in brightness at night between ATS and ETS2 about a year ago and was basically told that's the way it is in real life. When SCS changed the headlights to being so dim, that was it for me. Now I never drive at night in ATS, I preset the time to early morning with the dev console before starting a job. Problem solved. This night thing is one simulation we could really do without. :roll:
Grizzly

#4155 Post by Grizzly » 01 Nov 2021 15:05

Underscore_101_ wrote: 01 Nov 2021 07:02 some of your experiences are subjective
Maybe they are or maybe it's a mod issue, without evidence we have nothing to go on...
Laqueesha

#4156 Post by Laqueesha » 04 Nov 2021 19:29

There are some U.S. Border Patrol checkpoints in Arizona and New Mexico modeled in the game, it would be nice if they were functional, like weigh stations and you had to pull in for inspections.
Last edited by Laqueesha on 05 Nov 2021 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
GT182

#4157 Post by GT182 » 05 Nov 2021 03:08

Ok, I finally got to where the nights were pretty dark in Europe. Result at night is the same if not worse with the dark windows at night. There's nothing subjective about if Grizz. I doubt SCS will do anything about this for ATS and ETS2, but it can't hurt to keep complaining to them to fix it. And they are wrong about it being this way in real life.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
flight50

#4158 Post by flight50 » 05 Nov 2021 04:27

I remember just changing the brightness settings to get the nights to be more realistic. If the slider is set the same in both ATS and ETS2, there's not much of a difference.
GT182

#4159 Post by GT182 » 05 Nov 2021 22:48

ETS2 is just as bad as ATS during the night hours. Some Simulation these have turned out to be. Not even close to real life. If all trucks and cars had windows that acted like this in the jobs everyone has had or haves, or personal vehicles, those manufacturers would have be out of business way back when. Let me ask the SCS folks if they have this blacked out windows at night with their vehicles?

I don't think so. :lol:
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
xXCARL1992Xx

#4160 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 05 Nov 2021 22:50

i dont have any blacked out windows at night in ETS or ATS, maybe check your mods if you use any
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”