Wishlists Megathread

Vinnie Terranova

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3911 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 18 Apr 2021 20:16

What about Service Shops which are adjacent to a Dealership? Is it normal that a Mack truck can be repaired in a Service Shop at a Kenworth Dealership? Or is it more realistic if a Mack truck only can be repaired (or upgraded) in a Service Shop adjacent to a Mack Dealership?
xXCARL1992Xx

#3912 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Apr 2021 20:22

i faintly remember that the earlier version of the game (well ETS2) had a restriction for it ?

but if the dealer is a free mechanic that repairs anything why not?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
harishw8r

#3913 Post by harishw8r » 18 Apr 2021 20:28

Not worrying about those dealership repair shops, but why can’t we have repair shops in our garages when we can have fuel stations? Would be nice to see the closed bays in the garage put into some proper use.
Trucker_71

#3914 Post by Trucker_71 » 18 Apr 2021 20:31

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 18 Apr 2021 20:16 What about Service Shops which are adjacent to a Dealership? Is it normal that a Mack truck can be repaired in a Service Shop at a Kenworth Dealership?
Yes, unless its warranty work, any dealership will work on your truck.
Lillen

#3915 Post by Lillen » 23 Apr 2021 21:03

I don't know if it is possible with the current game engine but one thing that would be great would be dynamic seasons. I remember a flight simulator I played once had dynamic seasons. It was really nice when you did a combat mission in February and the ground was snow covered and when later in the campaign I did a combat mission in July the ground was green I liked that it added to the immersion of the game.
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#3916 Post by BattlePeasant » 24 Apr 2021 03:24

I am sure that this will never be done. A lot of work and little benefit. They even have cows wandering in the meadow at night, instead of standing in the corral, and people work in a dark field.
Suggestion: First, separate the light from the darkness.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
flight50

#3917 Post by flight50 » 24 Apr 2021 12:05

^Little benefit? I doubt that. They just went in and adjusted every assets for lighting. Mods can already do seasons, that's not the hard part. The harder part is making it dynamic. Each asset would have to be touched again for season variation. Its time consuming yes, but as a vehicle sim, you have to keep up with what sims do. . Dynamic seasons is basically a game changer. I and most other people will totally disagree with you on this. Seasons is just as highly requested as rigids and multi drop and a few other things. Pavel acknowledged seasons on the June 27th 2018 stream (if you watched it) already and noted that eventually they will HAVE to do it. Its a matter of when.

They are working on MP, something that people said would never come. They have multiple map teams...something that some said will never come. Special transport, owned trailers...... You never know what aspect of the game they will implement next. Sometimes the game isn't coded for something or the tech isn't there just yet but some of you are so quick to dismiss a lot of things that people talk about for years. SCS looks at these request and implement what they can based on, is it beneficial, how much effort to put into it and do they have the manpower to do it. But because the devs don't talk about it, does not mean its not going to happen. That does not mean there is no benefit. There is a list of priorities to go thru. I bet if when they develop it, everyone with a capable machine will be using it.
Vinnie Terranova

#3918 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 24 Apr 2021 13:52

Static seasons with dynamic weather is basically all we need. And about seasons: I personally would be satisfied with just two seasons: spring/summer and hard winter. I don't care much about autumn.
flight50

#3919 Post by flight50 » 24 Apr 2021 16:43

Autumn is one of the most beautiful scene here in the US. Especially in certain parts of the country. If anything, I'd skip Spring. Showing new growth would be super hard to do. We'd technically need a progressive type season. SCS season will mainly just be changing colors and adding precipitation. I'd just make Winter to Summer much a much longer change. Now if they can make all 4, that is ideal though.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3920 Post by supersobes » 24 Apr 2021 18:22

If SCS does seasons, autumn is definitely a must, especially in the eastern states. When the trees turn orange, gold, and red, they basically become a tourist attraction. At that time of year, the weather forecasts typically include a "autumn foliage peak colour" outlook to let people know when the trees in certain areas will start turning particular colours. Two lane back roads in the mountains will be flooded with bumper-to-bumper traffic with tourists looking at all the trees. This beauty is something that should be captured in ATS if SCS decides to do seasons.

[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”